Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Mike Pence - testing the waters?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
FakeAndyStuart

Re: Mike Pence - testing the waters?

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:17 pm

zzand wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:32 pm
That's not exactly true as I have first hand knowledge of the Pence radio show. As it has no bearing on his political situation I won't go into it here.
While this article says nothing about the claims I made in a previous post, it shows that Mike Pence's radio show had EVERYTHING to do with his political career....

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/ ... dio-225855

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:51 pm

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:17 pm
zzand wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:32 pm
That's not exactly true as I have first hand knowledge of the Pence radio show. As it has no bearing on his political situation I won't go into it here.
While this article says nothing about the claims I made in a previous post, it shows that Mike Pence's radio show had EVERYTHING to do with his political career....

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/ ... dio-225855
I was under the impression that’s part of how he launched his political career.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:19 pm

Pence can teat all the waters he wishes but by in large his political career is over and done. If it weren't for Trump choosing him as his running mate he would have slipped into political obscurity. In his 2012 run for Indiana Governor he beat his opponent John Gregg by only three points and there was every indication he was likely to lose his 2019 rematch against the same candidate.

Mrs. Nightfly and I were living in Indiana at the time and she personally met with Pence and his wife a number of times attempting to get some support for legislation that would have made it easier for the private sector and food bank-type NGO's to assist people facing food insecurities. She came back from one of the meetings and said something along the lines that for a couple that love to talk up their Christian faith and charity neither of them seemed to give a shit about people going hungry in Indiana. She was pretty deflated until she later spoke with some folks that were very politically connected who told her not to give up hope, that Pence was likely to get clobbered in the 2019 election and she'd soon have a different governor to work with. Turns out they were right, but for unexpected reasons.

I've said this before but I'm totally surprised pence hasn't found himself some nice, out-of-the-way Christian college he could run, maybe get a seat on a Savings & Loan Board of Directors, enjoy some time with their grandchild and vanish from public life. It would be the best for everyone.

tapeisrolling

Post by tapeisrolling » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:06 pm

Isn't this how Trump got his foothold?
A lot of free TV and it is too early to proclaim one's hat in the ring legally.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:52 pm

tapeisrolling wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:06 pm
Isn't this how Trump got his foothold?
A lot of free TV and it is too early to proclaim one's hat in the ring legally.
Well, the biggest difference with that approach is that Trump is a living, breathing manifestation of the old "Aristocrats" joke, where as Pence doesn't even quality as warm milquetoast. Seems America do loves it's scabby side.

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:25 am

I should have specified his current political situation, my bad. Pence has one big problem, two actually. He still has the Trump stink on him from being his VP. More importantly, I think some of the real wacko MAGA types would go after he and his family if he ran.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:05 am

I agree.

matt1

Post by matt1 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:01 pm

"The Good Doctor" will NOT be seen at this time so that will bring you an ABC News Special Report on Mike Pence (with ABC World News Tonight anchor David Muir)!! (at 10:00 tonight)

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:35 pm

David Muir...yawn. That's bound to be a real sleeper feature. Good luck in your efforts to stay awake.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:46 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:35 pm
David Muir...yawn. That's bound to be a real sleeper feature. Good luck in your efforts to stay awake.
It’s the highest rated news program in the country… would you like him to juggle flaming bowling pins or something to spice things up?

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:42 pm

zzand wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:25 am
I should have specified his current political situation, my bad. Pence has one big problem, two actually. He still has the Trump stink on him from being his VP. More importantly, I think some of the real wacko MAGA types would go after he and his family if he ran.
Agree with both statements above. My point was the Pence is a lot more politically savvy than anyone gives him credit. Don't underestimate him.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:28 pm

On World News Tonight, about 14 minutes of the interview aired.

Pence stated he is definitely giving a White House run consideration.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:25 pm

I'm not sure where Pence fits into the Republican party. He may be able to get the support of the never-Trumpers and some of now-wary Trump supporters, but the majority of full-blown MAGA people (right now, probably 2/3 of Republican voters) will likely never vote for Pence.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:28 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:25 pm
I'm not sure where Pence fits into the Republican party. He may be able to get the support of the never-Trumpers and some of now-wary Trump supporters, but the majority of full-blown MAGA people (right now, probably 2/3 of Republican voters) will likely never vote for Pence.
If Trump is blown away in 24 is he done or will they stick with him into eternity? I get that you have seen the light but that 2/3rds… is there a chunk that never will? If so how big?

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:12 pm

There are 3 people, IMO, capable of breaking Trump's stranglehold on the Republican party
1 - Sean Hannity
2 - Mark Levin
3 - Ron DeSantis

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic