Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

What exactly is the Democrat party platform this election cycle?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

What exactly is the Democrat party platform this election cycle?

Post by bmw » Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:29 am

Right now the Democrats control the House, the Senate, and the Executive branch. And they will continue to control the Executive branch for at least another 2 years.

Normally, the party in power runs on its record. But that's not the case right now. The Democrats are running on, from what I've seen anyways, scaring people into not voting for Republicans. Other than codifying abortion rights, I don't know what the Democrats are running on as far as policy positions.

Can any of the left-leaning posters here enlighten me as to what Democrats are actually running on as far as policy?

Rate This

Re: What exactly is the Democrat party platform this election cycle?

Post by Rate This » Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:56 am

bmw wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:29 am
Right now the Democrats control the House, the Senate, and the Executive branch. And they will continue to control the Executive branch for at least another 2 years.

Normally, the party in power runs on its record. But that's not the case right now. The Democrats are running on, from what I've seen anyways, scaring people into not voting for Republicans. Other than codifying abortion rights, I don't know what the Democrats are running on as far as policy positions.

Can any of the left-leaning posters here enlighten me as to what Democrats are actually running on as far as policy?
They’ve got the PACT Act, the inflation reduction act, the infrastructure bill, abortion rights. Those leap to mind in under 30 seconds.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:06 am

I mentioned abortion already, I know they're running on that. I haven't seen any candidates campaigning on those other 3 acts/bills. And I'll be honest, I had to look up the PACT act, I didn't even know what it was.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:41 am

bmw wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:06 am
I mentioned abortion already, I know they're running on that. I haven't seen any candidates campaigning on those other 3 acts/bills. And I'll be honest, I had to look up the PACT act, I didn't even know what it was.
It was a big deal a couple months ago. And it was being talked about everywhere. Whatever rock you live under you should expand your horizons or something.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:58 am

I never heard it called that either.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:15 am

An "inflation reduction" act that doesn't do anything to actually reduce inflation, the PACT act which will probably enrichen more lawyers than any other single act of Congress and abortion "rights" that don't grant any rights to the most vulnerable people in the entire world... a fully-formed and functional baby that hasn't quite crossed the threshold of birth.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:17 am

I challenge RT to find me one single audio or video clip of one single Democrat politician who is running for office who has made reference to the PACT Act in a stump speech or otherwise. I'll even settle for non-audio/video reference, such as on a Democrat's official website or twitter page. Anything within the past month will do.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:06 pm

This says all you need to know about politics....

Jobs are up, Republicans call it a disappointment.
Here’s what we know:
The labor market remained robust in October, in the final glimpse at the state of the economy before the midterm elections. Although the unemployment rate rose, Americans are still seeing rapid wage gains.

Employers added 261,000 jobs in October, a sign that the economy is resilient.

Wages continued to climb in October, as Fed carefully eyes pay growth.

Biden welcomes strong jobs report; Republicans call it a ‘disappointment.’
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:55 pm

Jobs are not up. They're still down significantly compared to before the pandemic as 3.2 million fewer Americans have full-time jobs compared to 2019 (136.2 million Americans vs. 133.0 million)

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/work.pdf
https://www.statista.com/statistics/192 ... in-the-us/

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:07 pm

Jobs are down from the Trump era saw historic losses?
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:23 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:55 pm
Jobs are not up. They're still down significantly compared to before the pandemic as 3.2 million fewer Americans have full-time jobs compared to 2019 (136.2 million Americans vs. 133.0 million)

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/work.pdf
https://www.statista.com/statistics/192 ... in-the-us/
That’s a misleading for several reasons…

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic