Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump Runnin'

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Trump Runnin'

Post by Matt » Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:44 pm

There is no doubt the neanderthals in this state who use a similar dopey phrase to "Trump Runnin'" will be overjoyed when Trump announces his 2024 candidacy this month, as noted by both the WSJ and NYT.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

audiophile

Re: Trump Runnin'

Post by audiophile » Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:50 pm

I would like to see DeSantus instead.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:30 pm

If it were DeSantis I would give my support. DJT, no thanks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:49 pm

I'm for DeSantis as well. Trump needs to be relegated to the dustbin of history.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:22 pm

I've said this time and time again, I'm not at all convinced Trump will be running if it means giving up the money grift. I am willing to concede that his thinking now might be is to declare and then immediately try and leverage the long standing DOJ policy of not actively pursuing criminal cases involving political candidates. That gives him at least a few more years of keeping the law off his back. Right now that may be considerably more valuable than padding his bank account.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:22 pm

The only thing Trump runs for is an escape from tax collectors and salty snacks.

Really though, while he has his following, I think the GOP will select someone other than his doughy dirigible behind. It will probably come down to him and some moderate. Trump will swallow up a lot of the DeSantis following before it gets to the wire. Sad, this could be a year that a lot of lefties choose a Republican. Trump v. Biden II would be a terrifying indictment of how poor we are at selecting chief executives.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:05 pm

Trump holds a 31-point lead at the moment in 2024 primary polling.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -7548.html

Granted, it is VERY early, but if he announces, he will be the strong front-runner right out of the gate. The same happened in 2016 and he never once relinquished that front-runner status.

If he does run, I think he gets the nomination. DeSantis is really the only challenger who could give Trump a run for his money, but DeSantis could end up like Rubio and Cruz - bloodied. So while some of you may not be convinced that Trump will run, I'm not convinced DeSantis will run if Trump does.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:19 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:05 pm
Trump holds a 31-point lead at the moment in 2024 primary polling.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -7548.html

Granted, it is VERY early, but if he announces, he will be the strong front-runner right out of the gate. The same happened in 2016 and he never once relinquished that front-runner status.

If he does run, I think he gets the nomination. DeSantis is really the only challenger who could give Trump a run for his money, but DeSantis could end up like Rubio and Cruz - bloodied. So while some of you may not be convinced that Trump will run, I'm not convinced DeSantis will run if Trump does.
DeSantis will wait until 2028 or be eaten alive. They’ll nominate Trump until he’s dead. Statistically that’s likely by 2028. Why does anybody entertain the thought after 6 years of unwavering loyalty that the cult will abandon Trump?

Also if it’s as bad as the DOJ is making it sound like it is… they’ll indict him no matter what he’s running for. It isn’t gonna be the get out of jail free card he thinks it is.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:11 am

Would love to see Trump announce that he's in it. The left will go nuts and they'll have to try to support Biden as he's their only real chance. It will keep the leftists tied up in knots for months and months. The late-night crews will lose their heads.

Then I hope Trump backs out prior to the primaries, and someone like DeSantis steps in and cruises to an easy victory.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:48 pm

km1125 wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:11 am
Would love to see Trump announce that he's in it. The left will go nuts and they'll have to try to support Biden as he's their only real chance. It will keep the leftists tied up in knots for months and months. The late-night crews will lose their heads.

Then I hope Trump backs out prior to the primaries, and someone like DeSantis steps in and cruises to an easy victory.
That’s not a really plausible scenario. Trump is addicted to the crowds, his followers are addicted to him. If he died half way through the campaign they would embalm him and prop him up with puppet strings on a campaign stage while playing his greatest hits and trying to lip sync the dead Trump’s mouth and you know it. They won’t move on. There will be images of him behind future Republican candidates whenever he does kick the bucket ala Jesus.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:57 pm

Gas Light This wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:48 pm
km1125 wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:11 am

That’s not a really plausible scenario. Trump is addicted to the crowds, his followers are addicted to him. If he died half way through the campaign they would embalm him and prop him up with puppet strings on a campaign stage while playing his greatest hits and trying to lip sync the dead Trump’s mouth and you know it. They won’t move on. There will be images of him behind future Republican candidates whenever he does kick the bucket ala Jesus.
Hey, it worked for Biden!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:01 pm

Except that Biden is woefully absent when it comes to giving speeches. If anything the party is rather frustrated he hasn't been on stage lately.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Taco

Post by Taco » Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:00 pm

Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

kager

Post by kager » Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:00 am

Time to load up the ol' phish talko worry-bucket with more Trump-related memes, as the Great Divider is set to make an announcement tomorrow that will certainly require you to use them whenever and wherever you can.

We could also use some Screen Glare prose right about now...

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:43 am

kager wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:00 am
We could also use some Screen Glare prose right about now...
I assume he's in "government housing" for threats on Trump when he was president.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic