Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

History of Election Deniers in the Democrat party: 2000 edition

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: History of Election Deniers in the Democrat party: 2000 edition

Post by bmw » Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:22 pm

So by your definition Neckbeard, Hillary Clinton never conceded the 2016 election. Got it.

btw - the Merriam-Webster definition of "concede" is "to relinquish grudgingly or hesitantly // concede power." So a concession is the hesitant relinquishing of power. Explain to me how Trump's post-election activities don't constitute the dictionary definition of a concession? He relinquished his power. End of story.

RT - that sounds to me like an admission that you just lost the debate. You were the one who said you couldn't think of a single example. So I provided you with plenty.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:36 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:22 pm
So by your definition Neckbeard, Hillary Clinton never conceded the 2016 election. Got it.
Hillary Clinton is a clown, just like Trump. A total, complete clown and an embarrassment.
bmw wrote:
btw - the Merriam-Webster definition of "concede" is "to relinquish grudgingly or hesitantly // concede power." So a concession is the hesitant relinquishing of power. Explain to me how Trump's post-election activities don't constitute the dictionary definition of a concession? He relinquished his power. End of story.
:lol: Dictionary definitions of words now. That's always pedantic, yet amusing.

Well while we have the ol' Merriam-Webster cracked, let's not be selective.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/concede

Trump clearly does not fit the definition as he does not "accept as true, valid, or accurate" the election results. End of story.

You should talk to MW about that foe button, seems it isn't working for you! :lol

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:41 pm

That definition is an either/or kind of thing. That's like saying that a person speaking in a curt and angry tone didn't "bark" because nothing in their voice resembled the loud cry of a dog.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:46 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:41 pm
That definition is an either/or kind of thing. That's like saying that a person speaking in a curt and angry tone didn't "bark" because nothing in their voice resembled the loud cry of a dog.
yea, this doesn't help your argument, dude.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:47 pm

Make sure you DM MW about that foe button!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:11 pm

bmw wrote:

RT - that sounds to me like an admission that you just lost the debate. You were the one who said you couldn't think of a single example. So I provided you with plenty.
I’m doing this from my phone… quoting 6 posts to try to respond is impractical. Consider combining this stuff. I’ll dive into it when I get home. I didn’t lose anything. Sorry Bud.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:09 pm

I try to stay out of this cesspool, but my wife went to bed early not feeling well, so I'm just farting around down here.

What happened in 2000 was odd, at best. We'd never really seen anything like that before. However, I've broached this topic on my Facebook page and have a few questions.

Guy down the street is flying a "Trump 2024 Make Votes Count Again" flag. Did we see any "Carter '84 make votes count again" flags in 1982? Were people stil clamoring that George H.W. Bush was cheated in 1994? Was he holding rallies in 1995?

Furthermore, I would like to add "While I STRONGLY disagree with the court's decision, I accept it". Al Gore's statement in December of 2000.

I don't think it fares well for America if every election is going to be "If I win, it's fair and square. But if I lose, it was cheating and I was robbed". It's just like the people who are happy when their team wins, but if they lose, there was cheating and the refs robbed us.

We're in a tight spot and it isn't looking good.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:10 pm

Ugh. I need to go take a hot shower now.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:48 pm

Here's another one. MSNBC's Tiffany Cross, who was just fired for calling Florida "the dick of the country," said back in January of this year (live on air) in response to a guest suggesting that the left is at war with the right and that our democracy is at stake:
It is indeed a war. And I have to say, they have won some battles, Jasmine, but we have to keep our eye on the war. And everybody needs to pick up a weapon and get involved because this is for the safety and lasting of the country,
Now, if Trump had said, on live TV, that the left is winning some battles, and that as such, his supporters "need to pick up a weapon and get involved because this is for the safety and lasting of the country," would that have been ok?

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:56 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:48 pm
Here's another one. MSNBC's Tiffany Cross, who was just fired for calling Florida "the dick of the country," said back in January of this year (live on air) in response to a guest suggesting that the left is at war with the right and that our democracy is at stake:
It is indeed a war. And I have to say, they have won some battles, Jasmine, but we have to keep our eye on the war. And everybody needs to pick up a weapon and get involved because this is for the safety and lasting of the country,
Now, if Trump had said, on live TV, that the left is winning some battles, and that as such, his supporters "need to pick up a weapon and get involved because this is for the safety and lasting of the country," would that have been ok?
lol who?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:20 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:48 pm
Was she an anchor or analyst? Because this is on par with what goes on on FOX to be honest.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:52 pm

The thing about 2000 is that the hanging chads and printing errors were real. The numbers for Buchanan were highly irregular in south Florida. Also, Gore bots never attacked the Capitol.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:52 pm

The riot at the Capitol seems more like a Russian tactic. China was influencing Clinton; so Russia wanted to get their paws in and influenced Trump. To the point where Trump was using Russian tactics to keep his position.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic