Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Democracy Is About To Die Again...

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Democracy Is About To Die Again...

Post by Bryce » Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:38 am

An Op Ed. Although it wasn't, it could have been written by one of our board members. You know who you are.
I cannot believe democracy is about to die in America, again.

After years of living under a dictatorship, America rose from the ashes. Democrats took control of the Presidency, the House, the Senate, the university system, Big Tech, the entertainment industry, and major corporations - and thereby defeated fascism by seizing every major lever of power in the nation. With one-party rule established, and all of our critics silenced, democracy was once again free to flourish.

Now, our dear democracy is under attack - by America holding a so-called "election" and allowing idiots to vote. Let us be clear about what the stakes are: if a single person I disagree with is elected in a free and fair election, democracy will be DEAD. If citizens have the power to simply vote the ruling party out of power - when I really like the current ruling party - all is lost.

We must, at all costs, ensure that one party has absolute TOTAL control. That is the only way to defeat fascism! Or have you not heard from Hillary Clinton - rightful winner of the stolen 2016 election - that if you elect Republicans, they will then refuse to concede that they have lost?

These are frightening times. We have evil billionaires threatening to let Republicans speak out loud, Latinx people using the word "Latina", and imbecilic citizens wanting to afford food and gas. Listen closely: dying from starvation is but a small price to pay to ensure that a Republican is never elected. If we do not stand up right now to ensure that the ruling party can never again be removed from power - well, there won't be an America left for the kids that I don't have.
https://babylonbee.com/news/citizens-be ... ruddelfudd

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

zzand

Re: Democracy Is About To Die Again...

Post by zzand » Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:01 am

The Bee never fails to entertain

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:31 am

Bryce wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:38 am
An Op Ed. Although it wasn't, it could have been written by one of our board members. You know who you are.

After years of living under a dictatorship, America rose from the ashes. Democrats took control of the Presidency, the House, the Senate, the university system, Big Tech, the entertainment industry, and major corporations - and thereby defeated fascism by seizing every major lever of power in the nation. With one-party rule established, and all of our critics silenced, democracy was once again free to flourish.

Now, our dear democracy is under attack - by America holding a so-called "election" and allowing idiots to vote. Let us be clear about what the stakes are: if a single person I disagree with is elected in a free and fair election, democracy will be DEAD. If citizens have the power to simply vote the ruling party out of power - when I really like the current ruling party - all is lost.

We must, at all costs, ensure that one party has absolute TOTAL control. That is the only way to defeat fascism! Or have you not heard from Hillary Clinton - rightful winner of the stolen 2016 election - that if you elect Republicans, they will then refuse to concede that they have lost?

These are frightening times. We have evil billionaires threatening to let Republicans speak out loud, Latinx people using the word "Latina", and imbecilic citizens wanting to afford food and gas. Listen closely: dying from starvation is but a small price to pay to ensure that a Republican is never elected. If we do not stand up right now to ensure that the ruling party can never again be removed from power - well, there won't be an America left for the kids that I don't have.
They really aren’t as funny as they think they are. That’s more mocking than anything insightful. I’ll take a stab at who you are thinking of… MCRF?

I could rewrite that to be actually about Republicans if I wanted to and it wouldn’t take much effort.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:49 am

Rate This wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:31 am
Bryce wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:38 am

They really aren’t as funny as they think they are. That’s more mocking than anything insightful. I’ll take a stab at who you are thinking of… MCRF?

I could rewrite that to be actually about Republicans if I wanted to and it wouldn’t take much effort.
Not MCRF.

The but the guy that drives old Detroit diesel buses dripping oil all the way from Texas to Michigan and then touts climate change action.

https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/sear ... mit=Search
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

kager

Post by kager » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:58 am

Rate This wrote:

:rollin

How much effort did your previous 10,199 posts take?
"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:37 am

kager wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:58 am
Rate This wrote:

No kidding. Honestly, the guy should get a job writing for V.P. Harris. At the very least, her nonsensical, repetitive drivel would then be grammatically correct. :rollin
"Don't you knock when you enter a room?"

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:58 am

kager wrote:
Rate This wrote:

Depends on the topic… the polls take about 20 minutes on a long day… that’s effort. Editing a pre-written thing to say what I want it to is less effort.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:00 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:37 am
kager wrote:
Rate This wrote:

No kidding. Honestly, the guy should get a job writing for V.P. Harris. At the very least, her nonsensical, repetitive drivel would then be grammatically correct. :rollin
I could write a damn good speech given enough time… how’s that weather radio been treating you?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic