Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Paul Pelosi Brutally Attacked

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Colonel Flagg

Re: Paul Pelosi Brutally Attacked

Post by Colonel Flagg » Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:56 pm

This lie isn't even as good as "Russian collusion"

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:47 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:56 pm
This lie isn't even as good as "Russian collusion"
Are you only ostensibly intelligent?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:03 pm

He's also an illegal alien.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:50 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:03 pm
He's also an illegal alien.
Huh?

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:23 pm

It has been reported that he was born in and grew up in Canada but came to the US about 20 years ago. Unless one of his parents was born in the US or he married a US citizen, he may well have been here illegally starting 19 years ago.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:48 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:23 pm
It has been reported that he was born in and grew up in Canada but came to the US about 20 years ago. Unless one of his parents was born in the US or he married a US citizen, he may well have been here illegally starting 19 years ago.
How bout that. A potential fact that’s not terribly relevant. We call it trivia for short.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:58 am

Well except for the fact that if he had been deported, as he should have been, the attack would have never happened.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:18 am

Bryce wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:58 am
Well except for the fact that if he had been deported, as he should have been, the attack would have never happened.
We don’t even know if this is the case or not. And if not Mr. Pelosi than eventually some other public official or related person at some other point. Look at what happened to Lee Zeldin in New York. Political violence is on the rise in America. If you prevent one there will be others. Your line of argument is pretty flimsy. If I hadn’t hit a pothole just right the other day I wouldn’t have gotten a flat tire. Guess what? I hit it and got a flat tire. Focusing on the attacker specifically and not why he attacked is missing the forest for the trees.

Taco

Post by Taco » Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:37 am

smh

Marjorie Taylor Greene rages at media for not buying the bizarre "Pelosi gay lover" story

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 3f49889f75

Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:33 am

In all fairness though, how often have Canadian-born immigrants been a problem when they illegally move here? We don't have nearly enough resources to keep track of everyone crossing the Mexican border. Now we need to worry about Canada too? I generally agree with RT insofar as this is a mostly irrelevant fact here.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:44 am

bmw wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:33 am
In all fairness though, how often have Canadian-born immigrants been a problem when they illegally move here? We don't have nearly enough resources to keep track of everyone crossing the Mexican border. Now we need to worry about Canada too? I generally agree with RT insofar as this is a mostly irrelevant fact here.
There’s hope yet… :blink

Sooner or later somebody is gonna be assassinated I suspect. Not good.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:10 am

I'm curious then - do you directly blame Donald Trump for this "rise in political violence"?

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:23 am

We should be doing better at both borders. Blaming Trump? Not directly but some of his rhetoric fanned flames already there among the fringe element.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:38 am

bmw wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:10 am
I'm curious then - do you directly blame Donald Trump for this "rise in political violence"?
Directly? No. Has he said things that inflame tensions? Yes. Has he created a movement that feeds into this kind of stuff and gets some people so frothed up that they completely lose it? Yes.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:56 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:38 am
bmw wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:10 am
Directly? No. Has he said things that inflame tensions? Yes. Has he created a movement that feeds into this kind of stuff and gets some people so frothed up that they completely lose it? Yes.
So how do you distinguish between people who are just plain nutjobs and are going to do this kind of thing regardless of the political environment of the day and those who are persuadable (ie, someone who may be prone to doing this kind of thing but is pushed over the edge by various rhetoric from politicians) ?

The reason I ask is because of Exhibit A: James Hodgkinson. He shot 6 people at a Congressional charity baseball game in 2017, including the House Majority Whip Steve Scalise. He was a Bernie Sanders supporter, going so far as to participate in Bernie's Presidential campaign. Do you blame any of Bernie's rhetoric at the time for inflamed tensions? Or creating an anti-Republican movement that "gets some people so frothed up that they completely lose it"? I for the record do not, nor do I blame Republicans for the Pelosi attack. There are crazies out there, and I think it is an easy scapegoat to attribute it to political rhetoric (not to mention, the left is having a hayday right now politicizing this attack).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic