Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Paul Pelosi Brutally Attacked

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: Paul Pelosi Brutally Attacked

Post by Rate This » Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:11 am

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:52 pm
Rate This wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:05 pm
bmw wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:47 pm
Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:38 pm
Jesus Christ, an 82 year old man's house was broken into and invaded, said 82 year old man was beaten to the point of a skull fracture requiring cranial surgery and you're apparently working up material on a set for open mic night at the Laugh Factory comedy club.

What in the fuckity fuck is wrong with you? Got any Grandma got raped jokes in your repertoire?
This from the person who has no problem taking away other people's right to defend themselves in their own homes. :roll:
So if this were Elaine Chao having her skull bashed in while some hippie shouted “Where’s Mitch???” And we made crass jokes about it you’d be good with that too?

Good god almighty man. Bashing someone in the head with a hammer repeatedly is never cool. I don’t care about politics on this one.
Hey, don't try to make friends with me... Mitch McConnell is Matt's guy, not mine, and no, I would not be "good" with anything of the sort happening to Elaine. I never said I was "good" with it happening to Mr. Pelosi, either. The "jokes" were on the careless policies that placed Mr. Pelosi in the precarious situation in the first place.

It would not surprise me one bit if there are "Gun Free Zone" signs at the entrance to Pacific Heights...the perfect invitation for a hammer wielding fruitcake.
In your world the sign is what stops the gun from being in somebody’s house. Not only that but lack of a sign guarantees a gun in somebody else’s house to use against a hammer wielding intruder. Keep going…

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:19 am

This thread is indicative of how much the Republican Party has fallen. Downplay the truth as fake or “no big deal” and laugh lines. It’s disgusting, and you all should be ashamed of yourselves.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:41 am

When police arrived and knocked on the front door, Scott said, someone inside opened the door. The officers saw Paul Pelosi and DePape, “each with one hand on a single hammer,” he said.

After officers ordered both men to drop the hammer, DePape “immediately” pulled the tool from Pelosi and “violently attacked him with the hammer,” Scott said.
https://www.latimes.com/california/stor ... uples-home

That seems to me like a major blunder from the responding officers. So a good guy and a bad guy are fighting for possession of a weapon, and the officers order them BOTH to drop it? The good guy is going to immediately comply, leaving the bad guy with possession of the weapon, which is exactly what happened here.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:44 am

bmw wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:41 am
When police arrived and knocked on the front door, Scott said, someone inside opened the door. The officers saw Paul Pelosi and DePape, “each with one hand on a single hammer,” he said.

After officers ordered both men to drop the hammer, DePape “immediately” pulled the tool from Pelosi and “violently attacked him with the hammer,” Scott said.
https://www.latimes.com/california/stor ... uples-home

That seems to me like a major blunder from the responding officers. So a good guy and a bad guy are fighting for possession of a weapon, and the officers order them BOTH to drop it? The good guy is going to immediately comply, leaving the bad guy with possession of the weapon, which is exactly what happened here.
I would call that an error… just a little bit…

HD74

Post by HD74 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:32 am

Mr. Spock figured that one out long ago.
You're never too old to learn something stupid.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:53 am

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:37 pm
bmw wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:47 pm
Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:38 pm
Jesus Christ, an 82 year old man's house was broken into and invaded, said 82 year old man was beaten to the point of a skull fracture requiring cranial surgery and you're apparently working up material on a set for open mic night at the Laugh Factory comedy club.

What in the fuckity fuck is wrong with you? Got any Grandma got raped jokes in your repertoire?
This from the person who has no problem taking away other people's right to defend themselves in their own homes. :roll:
Which was precisely my point, with the "Dirty Harry" reference. It's a shame Mr. Pelosi didn't have a firearm handy to defend himself. The irony of that would have been off the charts. It would not surprise me if there were signs saying "Gun Free Zone" at the entrance to Pacific Heights.
Guns are most commonly used for suicide, followed closely for homicide. The use for successful defense is down there with accidental shooting. Guns are a tremendously ineffective defense tool.

Hammers are most commonly used for driving nails into the wall. Since they results in almost no suicides or homicides, they do not represent the extreme threat to people that guns do. If this nut had a gun, the victim would be dead now.

Banning guns would be great policy but certainly not hammers.

https://usafacts.org/data/topics/securi ... rm-deaths/
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:46 am

Although the attack on Mr. Pelosi was a horrific act and I'm glad to hear he is going to fully recover after surgery, I still find it somewhat ironic how some of the media outlets reporting on this crime seem to be most eager to paint his attacker as a "right wing nut-job."

In one article I read, the attacker is described as a "body freedom activist who participates in naked protests on the streets of San Francisco, was best man at an outdoor nude wedding in the Castro district, sells hemp jewelry online, worked at a homeless shelter named after Jerry Garcia, and, wait for it, promotes right wing conspiracy theories.

Wrap your head around that one.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:58 am

Bryce wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:46 am
Although the attack on Mr. Pelosi was a horrific act and I'm glad to hear he is going to fully recover after surgery, I still find it somewhat ironic how some of the media outlets reporting on this crime seem to be most eager to paint his attacker as a "right wing nut-job."

In one article I read, the attacker is described as a "body freedom activist who participates in naked protests on the streets of San Francisco, was best man at an outdoor nude wedding in the Castro district, sells hemp jewelry online, worked at a homeless shelter named after Jerry Garcia, and, wait for it, promotes right wing conspiracy theories.

Wrap your head around that one.
Unfortunately his social media accounts were covered in election conspiracy theories. Only one side engages in that and it ain’t the left. We should add that the man is clearly mentally ill but so were many of the people who attacked the Capitol on January 6th.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:34 am

This thread is indicative of how much the Republican Party has fallen. Downplay the truth as fake or “no big deal” and laugh lines. It’s disgusting, and you all should be ashamed of yourselves.
I agree that a couple of the posts near the beginning of this thread are pretty pathetic.

The guy needed skull surgery for fuck's sake. Nothing "staged" or "fake" regarding what occurred. By the time this thread was opened, there was already plenty of reporting regarding the attacker's loony views on various matters.

I also agree that at least one aspect of the police's handling of the situation seems substandard. The command for both men to release their hands from the hammer was stupid.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:26 am

That is terrible, I pray Paul recovers quickly.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:58 am

There's another side to this story, including 911 tapes. If the other side of the story gets out, this thing will soon go into George Orwell's "Memory Hole".

In the 911 Tape, the dispatcher says that Paul Pelosi implied that he knew the intruder, that he was named David, and that he was "a friend". I wonder if this may be connected to Paul Pelosi's accident. Wasn't there a passenger in Paul Pelosi's car?

No one deserves to be attacked with a hammer, and hopefully Paul Pelosi soon recovers. But society needs to know the whole truth about both incidents. The truth was obstructed about the accident. They will attempt the same about the attack.

One big elephant in the room is how an intruder could have gotten on to the Pelosi Grounds, and how he could have gotten into the house. Anyone with the wealth of the Pelosi's would have armed guards and security cameras.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:23 am

Good questions.

I, too, am surprised that an intruder could invade the Pelosi residence with seemingly little resistance.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:26 am

Ben Zonia wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:58 am
In the 911 Tape, the dispatcher says that Paul Pelosi implied that he knew the intruder, that he was named David, and that he was "a friend". I wonder if this may be connected to Paul Pelosi's accident. Wasn't there a passenger in Paul Pelosi's car?
IF that is true then the cops response for both to drop the hammer is more understandable. Keep in mind when cops go on a call all they have initially to go on is what dispatch told them. Then when they arrive they need to reconcile what dispatch said and what they see.
I no longer directly engage trolls

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:51 am

craig11152 wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:26 am
Ben Zonia wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:58 am
In the 911 Tape, the dispatcher says that Paul Pelosi implied that he knew the intruder, that he was named David, and that he was "a friend". I wonder if this may be connecnedted to Paul Pelosi's accident. Wasn't there a passenger in Paul Pelosi's car?
IF that is true then the cops response for both to drop the hammer is more understandable. Keep in mind when cops go on a call all they have initially to go on is what dispatch told them. Then when they arrive they need to reconcile what dispatch said and what they see.
There's much more online. If I give a link, it will incite a verbal attack.

One thing gleaned from this information is that David has many incongruent connections, none of which before this incident of connect him to Trump supporters in any believable way. San Francisco Berkeley types are whack jobs, but very few of which are like Donald Trump supporters.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:57 am

-Author Unknown

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic