Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Elon isn't fucking around

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Elon isn't fucking around

Post by Matt » Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:02 pm

From the WSJ:
Elon Musk completed his takeover of Twitter Inc. [US:TWTR] Thursday and fired Chief Executive Parag Agrawal and Chief Financial Officer Ned Segal, according to people familiar with the matter.
It's quite a cesspool he has to clean up - this is a good start. I hope he doesn't let Trump back on before the election.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Circle Seven

Re: Elon isn't fucking around

Post by Circle Seven » Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:44 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:02 pm
It's quite a cesspool he has to clean up - this is a good start. I hope he doesn't let Trump back on before the election.
I'm certainly no fan of The Donald. But shouldn't it be all or nothing? I got a feeling Musk is going to let everyone in the door.

Having said that, who's really at fault for offensive tweets? The tweeter? Or the media that makes the offensive tweet the lead story? If those who don't care for Trump didn't tell us everything he does, says and tweets, who would know?
His enemies are his best PR team.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:24 pm

Matt wrote:
From the WSJ:
Elon Musk completed his takeover of Twitter Inc. [US:TWTR] Thursday and fired Chief Executive Parag Agrawal and Chief Financial Officer Ned Segal, according to people familiar with the matter.
Quite a cesspool? What does that mean exactly? It’s a private company. It can allow or disallow whatever it wants. He’ll end up letting Trump back on ASAP just watch. Then he’ll start banning folks in the other direction in some show of “fairness” and turn it into a place friendlier to conservatives than liberals. Musk is an evil individual.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:28 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:24 pm
Matt wrote:
From the WSJ:
Quite a cesspool? What does that mean exactly? It’s a private company. It can allow or disallow whatever it wants. He’ll end up letting Trump back on ASAP just watch. Then he’ll start banning folks in the other direction in some show of “fairness” and turn it into a place friendlier to conservatives than liberals. Musk is an evil individual.
Well, Twitter is known to be problematic because there is a lot of CP on the platform, as well as predators soliciting it. In general, social media has done a shitty job with blocking that shit, but Twitter is about half as bad as Yahoo! was back in the days of Yahoo! Chat, and that was a TOTAL shitstorm of CP. Child exploitation is one of the biggest problems facing Twitter, but it doesn't get talked about because of the whole Trump bullshit and transgender wars going on there. Elon will regret the headache that this purchase will cause for him because its too big and the problems are too layered, and his focus is on things that barely even matter.

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:22 am

Neckbeard:
I think you may have missed the point that Rate This is making. Like Rate said, Twitter (and Facebook and Michigan Buzzboard) are private entities. All can allow whoever they want. And ban whoever they want. There's nothing problematic about that. If users don't care for whatever the content is, there's more than a few other places to peruse on the World Wide Web.

I myself hope Musk makes Twitter what social media should be. Anything goes. The Wild West of the Internet. Musk has already shown that critiques go in one ear and out the other. Don't like it? Pack sand.

Look at Zuckerberg when someone in Washington calls him into a committee. He just sits there with a big ol' grin on his face 'cuz he knows he can do whatever he wants.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:20 am

Circle Seven wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:22 am
Look at Zuckerberg when someone in Washington calls him into a committee. He just sits there with a big ol' grin on his face 'cuz he knows he can do whatever he wants.
Or because he's on the spectrum and doesn't know how to present himself in public.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:01 am

Matt wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:20 am
Circle Seven wrote:
Or because he's on the spectrum and doesn't know how to present himself in public.
So what does the first amendment apply to in your view? Who is a guarantee between?

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:56 am

The First Amendment doesn't leave any ambiguity about who it's a guarantee between. There is no room for someone's view and never has been. Or as Willy Wonka would say, "It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal!"
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:12 am

Matt wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:20 am
Circle Seven wrote:
The spectrum had to be stretched for Zuckerberg to fit on it!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:15 am

Given that the "conservative" platforms have all cratered, it will be fun to watch Twitter be driven into the ground too.

It will be a 44 billion dollar tax write off...

Musk still makes the best ev cars on the market though...

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:54 am

Musk is hardly a conservative. Though I suppose compared to you, most people are.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:05 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:15 am
Given that the "conservative" platforms have all cratered,
Rumble has around 44 million active users per month. I hardly consider that cratering.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:52 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:05 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:15 am
Given that the "conservative" platforms have all cratered,
Rumble has around 44 million active users per month. I hardly consider that cratering.
How's your beloved Palor and Trump's Lies platforms doing?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:00 pm

Robert Faygo wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:56 am
The First Amendment doesn't leave any ambiguity about who it's a guarantee between. There is no room for someone's view and never has been. Or as Willy Wonka would say, "It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal!"
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Yes… an individual and the government. Corporations can ban you from their store for Google searching bacon earlier in the day if they want to.

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:51 am

(Redacted)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic