Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Elon isn't fucking around

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Re: Elon isn't fucking around

Post by Matt » Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:08 am

radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:01 pm
Tonight, Elon's been going on a banning spree, banning journalists who are covering him, including Keith Olbermann, CNN reporters Aaron Rupar and Donie O'Sullivan and several others. He has gone too far, IMO.
Aaron Rupar and Keith Olbermann are hardly "journalists".

They were banned for disclosing exactly where Elon was in real time.
Last edited by Matt on Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:13 am

urnalists
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:38 am

Keith Olbermann is still around? Good grief.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:07 am

Matt wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:08 am
Tonight, Elon's been going on a banning spree, banning journalists who are covering him, including Keith Olbermann, CNN reporters Aaron Rupar and Donie O'Sullivan and several others. He has gone too far, IMO.

Or, the guy just wants it both ways. He can't be for free speech except for people he doesn't like. Thank you for reinforcing what a self-serving idiot he is.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:52 am

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:07 am
Or, the guy just wants it both ways. He can't be for free speech except for people he doesn't like. Thank you for reinforcing what a self-serving idiot he is.
And why CAN'T he have it both ways? Twitter is a private company. Now even more private than it was when the left circled the wagons, defending Twitter's bans of various conservatives on the ground of "Twitter is a private company - it can ban whoever it wants."

And as to you TCT, you've certainly done a full 180 in your opinion on Twitter and what it should and shouldn't be doing in regards to banning people. You started an entire thread on Twitter banning Trump, celebrated the move, celebrated the move of "Twitter has suspended General Mike Flynn and Trump lawyer Sidney Powell's accounts on Friday, following Big Tech's latest crackdown on prominent conservative users," can called Republicans a bunch of "babies" for complaining about the suspensions.

https://mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 24&t=55149

And then my favorite....
TC Talks wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:39 pm
Twitter doesn't seem to be too concerned about their stock price. They're just taking the opportunity to flush all the crap down the toilet. Many other social media outlets are doing the same thing under the shield of Twitter.
And now suddenly you're a beacon of free speech, arguing that twitter banning people is not supportive of free speech? :rollin

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:42 am

audiophile wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:13 am
urnalists
Urinalists?

:lol

(I guess, according to the Urban Dictionary, it's the same thing)

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:39 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:08 am

Doesn’t he have a plane? It’s not exactly like you can’t see the damn thing flying overhead or track flights or whatever… it’s a wonder rich folks haven’t been shot down that way…

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:36 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:52 am
TC Talks wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:07 am
And why CAN'T he have it both ways? Twitter is a private company. Now even more private than it was when the left circled the wagons, defending Twitter's bans of various conservatives on the ground of "Twitter is a private company - it can ban whoever it wants."

And as to you TCT, you've certainly done a full 180 in your opinion on Twitter and what it should and shouldn't be doing in regards to banning people. You started an entire thread on Twitter banning Trump, celebrated the move, celebrated the move of "Twitter has suspended General Mike Flynn and Trump lawyer Sidney Powell's accounts on Friday, following Big Tech's latest crackdown on prominent conservative users," can called Republicans a bunch of "babies" for complaining about the suspensions.

https://mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 24&t=55149

And then my favorite....
TC Talks wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:39 pm
Twitter doesn't seem to be too concerned about their stock price. They're just taking the opportunity to flush all the crap down the toilet. Many other social media outlets are doing the same thing under the shield of Twitter.
And now suddenly you're a beacon of free speech, arguing that twitter banning people is not supportive of free speech? :rollin
Just don't ever whine again that social media bias is hurting your precious conservatives. And hearings on the topic? Not a chance.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:32 am

This week, a big JFK document dump also occurred, along with the Twitter revelations. They are still withholding some of the documents, but it was revealed that TC Talk's beloved Democrat President LBJ was a member of the KKK, and that the CIA was involved in the Kennedy Assassination, in some way, though unspecified. When the Warren Commission Report came out, people were saying that in 50 years, people would say that LBJ was involved. Gee I wonder why. JFK was a reformer, Lincoln was a reformer, Trump is a reformer. The powers that be behind the scenes, by whatever name you want to call them, don't like reformers.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:24 am

Yes, without a doubt. Trump, Kennedy and Lincoln, all in the same arena.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for me"

"Four score and seven years ago, I was treated very unfairly"

Look, I hate to piss on this fantasy, but if Trump was really and truly this great and powerful president, something would have "happened" to him. He would have had a "heart attack" or some kind of "fall". If anything, these so-called "shadow people" love Trump, because his mouth keeps everyone arguing, and "they" can get away with whatever they want. Trump isn't a reformer, Biden isn't a reformer, whomever wins in 2024 won't be, 2028, etc.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:57 am

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:36 pm
Just don't ever whine again that social media bias is hurting your precious conservatives. And hearings on the topic? Not a chance.
Elon has since reinstated those accounts. I think that was always his intention. He played your side, big time, and exposed you for the crybaby hypocrite victim elitists that you all are. Your side nationally (yourself leading the charge in this particular forum) was not only not criticizing, but often applauding Twitter banning various conservatives. Then when the tables were turned, your people went ape shit and threw a bunch of hissy fits. This is one of the most glaring examples of hypocrisy (and there are plenty of examples to pick from) that I've seen in a long time.

Twitter bans conservatives. Not only good because those people were a threat to Democracy, but Twitter is not a government entity so it can ban whoever it wants.

Twitter bans liberals and journalists (redundant, I know). HOLY SHIT FREE SPEECH AND DEMOCRACY ARE UNDER ATTACK!

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:11 am

And when twitter was banning prominent conservatives, I wasn't whining about it and I never argued that they didn't have the right to do so; my argument was that banning accounts with tens of millions of followers might arguably not be in the best interest of the shareholders.

Which brings me to a question I have yet to see adequately answered - Why is anything that Elon does with Twitter even newsworthy? I can understand when it was a publicly traded company, but it isn't any more. A private individual owns the company, and said private individual answers to nobody. Period. Elon has as much of a right to ban anybody he wants as MW has to ban people in here. What is the difference between there and here, other than the size of the user base?

I have an answer. The only reason the media continues to obsess over Elon Musk and twitter is because prior to Elon, Twitter and the people who ran it were of the same ideology as most in the media, and Twitter became a powerful tool at the media's disposal to wield power, push their agenda, and silence their critics. They view Elon as a direct threat to that power, and so they're doing what people who lose power do best: lashing out at the perceived threat.

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:47 am

bmw wrote:
Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:11 am
.... Which brings me to a question I have yet to see adequately answered - Why is anything that Elon does with Twitter even newsworthy? I can understand when it was a publicly traded company, but it isn't any more. A private individual owns the company, and said private individual answers to nobody. Period. Elon has as much of a right to ban anybody he wants as MW has to ban people in here. What is the difference between there and here, other than the size of the user base?

... I have an answer. The only reason the media continues to obsess over Elon Musk and twitter is because prior to Elon, Twitter and the people who ran it were of the same ideology as most in the media, and Twitter became a powerful tool at the media's disposal to wield power, push their agenda, and silence their critics. They view Elon as a direct threat to that power, and so they're doing what people who lose power do best: lashing out at the perceived threat ...
You may be overlooking something. The media (and the entertainment industry) are addicted to Twitter.
They cannot go five minutes without looking at that phone.
How often you see on our local news people have that phone laying right on the anchor desk? And glancing down at it while they are on the air?
It's crack to them. Gotta seen what's been posted, and got to see it now.

Another good example is when journalist write a story.
First they will tell you what someone said on Twitter. Then they will have a picture of the Twitter post in the article.
Saying the same thing twice. It's a good example of how infatuated they are with it.

Twitter is the media's lifeblood. They will never abandon it. It's how they interact with the outside world.
It's been that way long before Musk ever thought of buying it.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:00 am

Which is exactly why no business should ever become too dependent on somebody else's platform. I remember Rush Limbaugh saying something to that effect not long before he died and that he didn't use social media to build his brand. Elon could announce tomorrow that he's shutting down twitter permanently and not selling off any of the digital assets or rights. And there's nothing anybody could do about it.

And btw - what happened to the grumblings just a few weeks ago that twitter was on the verge of literally collapsing?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:04 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:32 am
This week, a big JFK document dump also occurred, along with the Twitter revelations. They are still withholding some of the documents, but it was revealed that TC Talk's beloved Democrat President LBJ was a member of the KKK, and that the CIA was involved in the Kennedy Assassination, in some way, though unspecified. When the Warren Commission Report came out, people were saying that in 50 years, people would say that LBJ was involved. Gee I wonder why. JFK was a reformer, Lincoln was a reformer, Trump is a reformer. The powers that be behind the scenes, by whatever name you want to call them, don't like reformers.
Don’t conflate Dump with two of our greatest presidents.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic