Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Elon isn't fucking around

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: Elon isn't fucking around

Post by TC Talks » Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:39 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:50 pm
Circle Seven wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:27 pm
Facebook users tends more than Twitter users to be checking their timeline when they're not doing something else more constructive. Yes there are people using instant "Twitter style" messaging on Facebook, but the percentage of users isn't nearly as much.
This is factually incorrect. Facebook is an obsession for most users.
Not so much anymore, they continue to fall in line with other platforms.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:39 am

TC Talks:

I wouldn't doubt your chart is correct. But I believe I'm also correct in how people use Twitter and Facebook.

Twitter users are looking at the platform every time their phone chirps. Intermittently from the time they wake up until the time they fall asleep. They are the ones more likely to have a panic attack if they leave the house without their phone.

Facebook users are more likely to set aside time and look at what's new on their timeline. As an example, get up, get comfortable, and spend some time on Facebook while they have their morning joe. And then not look at it for a few hours.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:46 am

Circle Seven wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:39 am
TC Talks:

I wouldn't doubt your chart is correct. But I believe I'm also correct in how people use Twitter and Facebook.

Twitter users are looking at the platform every time their phone chirps. Intermittently from the time they wake up until the time they fall asleep. They are the ones more likely to have a panic attack if they leave the house without their phone.

Facebook users are more likely to set aside time and look at what's new on their timeline. As an example, get up, get comfortable, and spend some time on Facebook while they have their morning joe. And then not look at it for a few hours.
I would agree with this. While there are folks who use FB nonstop, that kind of activity is exactly what twitter was designed for... short, quick messaging while FB is archival.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:49 pm

Looks like Elon got his ass handed to him. After so many imposters posed as companies, all new $8 verifications have been halted. Many companies are ceasing advertising on Twitter. Someone is in over his head.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:05 am

The blue and gray check mark thing is indeed a disaster. Other than generating revenue from dopes willing to fork over $8, it's been a clusterfuck.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:15 pm

I think the worst one was an account pretending to be Eli Lilly and saying they would cap insulin, when it wasn't them.

Now Elon is saying don't be surprised if Twitter is bankrupt in a few weeks.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:16 pm

km1125 wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:46 am
Circle Seven wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:39 am
TC Talks:

I would agree with this. While there are folks who use FB nonstop, that kind of activity is exactly what twitter was designed for... short, quick messaging while FB is archival.
Facebook has become a tool used mostly by 40+ year olds. I employ 12 people who manage social media marketing. I assure you that from an advertiser perspective, it's a declining media. That's why they just laid off 11,000 employees at Meta. My data is accurate despite your retiree perspective.

See if these metrics look familiar to those who sell conventional media...
The most important social media metrics
1. Reach
2. Impressions
3. Audience growth rate
4. Engagement Rate
5. Amplification rate
6. Virality rate
7. Video views
8. Video completion rate
9. Customer satisfaction (CSAT) score
10. Net promoter score (NPS)
11. Click-through rate (CTR)
12. Conversion rate
13. Cost-per-click (CPC)
14. Cost per thousand impressions (CPM)
15. Social share of voice (SSoV)
16. Social sentiment

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:13 am

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:29 am

I think it's hilarious. Social media is a cancer... it's at the root of society's case of mental rot. Anything Musk can do to disrupt that is fine with me. The workers sound like a bunch of entitled, neurotic pussies. Had I made such demands, Peter Cavanaugh and Frazier Reams would have laughed at me. I won't even speculate on the reaction of Bob Liggett and Jim Jensen. Those two rarely laughed, if ever. The work ethic we have today, with these pantywaist types is a joke.

Meanwhile, over at Meta, Zuckerberg hides in the basement, appearing only via Zoom...my guess is, he'll still be doing that ten years from now.

Fruitcake.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:58 am

Yeah Zuckerberg is a fool going out and being the richest person in the United States at 32. Bob Ligget was so much smarter.

― Noam Chomsky

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:23 am

Gotta agree with TC Talks.

Colonel - so you'd be OK working 70 hour weeks with no raise in pay?

I think Elon needs those people more than they need his bullshit. Plenty of jobs out there for software developers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:31 am

Nope. Flagg is the Mibuzzboard authority on people and their vocations. If he does not approve of what you have chosen to do to make a living, we must abide by his decision.

The censorship king from out of state.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:47 am

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:31 am
Nope. Flagg is the Mibuzzboard authority on people and their vocations. If he does not approve of what you have chosen to do to make a living, we must abide by his decision.
I'm retired. Sucking the public tit. Is that acceptable?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:02 pm

Highly skilled work force working for a company that suddenly changes owners who demands doubling the amount of work and hours, no additional pay, complete with threats and ultimatums, no clear business strategy, and an incredibly toxic environment. And if you do stay and accept those turns, you could go through hell and still get flushed with not even a flinch from Elon.

SIGN ME UP!!! NO ONE WANTS TO WORK ANYMORE! I'll take that abuse so I can die on the hill of authoritarian billionaire bosses! That'll show 'em! Not!

I don't care how good your work ethic is or what your view of the world is; you'd be crazy to accept a deal like that when those engineers and programmers will have NO PROBLEM getting a job elsewhere in Tech.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:52 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:47 am
Honeyman wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:31 am
I'm retired. Sucking the public tit. Is that acceptable?
Me too. I highly doubt he will find that close to being respectable. As a result, our opinions have no merit.

The censorship king from out of state.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic