Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Just 11% More And They'll Finish The Wall

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Just 11% More And They'll Finish The Wall

Post by Bryce » Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:11 am

Republicans are resurgent as the midterm campaign heads into its final stretch, an exclusive USA TODAY/Suffolk University Poll finds, amid angst about President Joe Biden's leadership and the nation's economy.

On a generic ballot, one naming parties but not individual candidates, those surveyed now support the Republican congressional candidate over the Democratic one by 49%-45%, a turnaround since the USA TODAY poll taken in July, when Democrats led 44%-40%.

Now 40% of Hispanics and 21% of Blacks are backing the Republican candidate.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 596369002/

Once the Hispanic number hits 51%, watch the Democrats fall all over themselves to try and close the southern border.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Re: Just 11% More And They'll Finish The Wall

Post by Rate This » Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:29 am

Bryce wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:11 am
Republicans are resurgent as the midterm campaign heads into its final stretch, an exclusive USA TODAY/Suffolk University Poll finds, amid angst about President Joe Biden's leadership and the nation's economy.

On a generic ballot, one naming parties but not individual candidates, those surveyed now support the Republican congressional candidate over the Democratic one by 49%-45%, a turnaround since the USA TODAY poll taken in July, when Democrats led 44%-40%.

Now 40% of Hispanics and 21% of Blacks are backing the Republican candidate.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 596369002/

Once the Hispanic number hits 51%, watch the Democrats fall all over themselves to try and close the southern border.
I doubt it’ll hit 51%. That said Trumps rhetoric towards them was pretty stupid. Most Hispanic folks are Catholic so that checks the religion box and they are culturally conservative possibly second only to evangelicals. They should be welcoming them in and trying to accommodate them. They have a lot in common. Actually for that matter many blacks are culturally conservative. If Republicans would change their rhetoric a bit (ditch replacement theory and it’s ilk) and be a moderate party focused like a laser on economics and “common sense” without going after boogeymen the democrats would lose a third or more of their support. But they’ll continue to go off the cliff because THEY CANT CHANGE ANYTHING (TM).

I’m skeptical of the 22% number. The 40% I buy… that’s how George W. Bush performed. But you need that kind of guy to get and keep them.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:35 am

One of the recent polls of the Michigan governor's race found I think it was 27 or 28% support from blacks for Dixon. And her largest overall support came from young people 18-39.

As to the Hispanic community, I'm not sure how you could argue that Trump's "rhetoric towards them was pretty stupid" when they came out in droves in 2020 in Florida to vote for him.

One place I do agree with RT on is that Republicans certainly could be doing even better if their messaging was better on certain issues.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:12 am

bmw wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:35 am
One of the recent polls of the Michigan governor's race found I think it was 27 or 28% support from blacks for Dixon. And her largest overall support came from young people 18-39.
Keep hoping...
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:51 am

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:12 am
bmw wrote:
Keep hoping...

https://amgreatness.com/2022/10/13/insi ... 7-percent/

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:57 pm

bmw wrote:

As to the Hispanic community, I'm not sure how you could argue that Trump's "rhetoric towards them was pretty stupid" when they came out in droves in 2020 in Florida to vote for him.

One place I do agree with RT on is that Republicans certainly could be doing even better if their messaging was better on certain issues.
Florida is kind of an anomaly… Cubans are very Republican. So they would vote for Trump in droves. Mexicans are much less Republican. So you have to dive into the specific country origins before you really know anything about what’s moving toward which party.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:22 am

Speaking of walls, the guy who ran the wall building charity was just convicted. This furthers my correct assessment that trump's presidency was actually a criminal enterprise using their "white supremacist movement" to conceal their fraudulent activities. Fortunately, only deplorables were defrauded with the scheme.
A man from Colorado who helped loot a charity that raised private money for a border wall of the sort championed by former President Donald J. Trump was convicted on Friday in a retrial in Manhattan federal court. An earlier trial was scuttled by a juror who was said to have insisted that the prosecution was a “government witch hunt.”

The man, Timothy Shea, has been the only one of four defendants to face a jury in the case so far, and his mistrial earlier this year was a setback for prosecutors in an office that has handled cases involving several defendants related to Mr. Trump and his allies.

For nearly two years, Mr. Shea was a central figure in raising money for a barrier separating the United States from Mexico, working with a tax exempt group that pledged to help fulfill Mr. Trump’s call for a “big, beautiful wall.”

We Build the Wall Inc. raised more than $25 million, claiming that all the money would go toward constructing a border barrier. Those promises were lies, said prosecutors with the United States attorney’s office, and on Friday a jury agreed, convicting Mr. Shea of conspiracy to commit wire fraud, conspiracy to launder money and falsification of documents.

Sitting in the well of the courtroom, Mr. Shea gazed straight ahead, seemingly impassive, as Judge Analisa Torres read the verdict.

“Months ago, this office stated our belief in the powerful and compelling evidence that showed Shea’s guilt,” Damian Williams, the U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York, said in a statement. “Today, a unanimous jury has convicted Shea on all counts in the indictment.”

The conviction ended a case that began in 2020 when Mr. Shea was arrested along with three other men who had prominent roles in We Build the Wall: the group’s president, an Air Force veteran named Brian Kolfage, who lost both legs and part of his right arm in Iraq and guaranteed that he would “not take a penny”; a Florida financier named Andrew Badolato; and Stephen K. Bannon, a former chief strategist for Mr. Trump.

Prosecutors said that all four schemed to secretly funnel money from We Build the Wall to themselves. Those funds, prosecutors added, ended up being used to pay hotel and credit card bills, to buy jewelry, a golf cart and a luxury SUV, and to purchase a truckload of Trump-themed energy drinks marketed as containing “liberal tears.”

By the time of the arrests of the four men, We Build the Wall’s website said the group had funded the creation of just under five miles of wall.

Mr. Kolfage pleaded guilty to wire fraud conspiracy and tax-related charges. Mr. Badolato pleaded guilty to wire fraud conspiracy.

Mr. Bannon was spared a federal trial after he received a pardon from Mr. Trump during his last hours as president but is now facing a trial in state court. Last month, the Manhattan district attorney’s office unsealed an indictment charging Mr. Bannon with money laundering, conspiracy and scheming to defraud.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic