Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The Republicans Are Going to Win Big Nationally

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: The Republicans Are Going to Win Big Nationally

Post by Rate This » Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:30 am

bmw wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:41 am
audiophile wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:35 am
why do you think this is happening?
There's a laundry list of reasons, but I'll name a few that I think are factors:

-The overturning of Roe isn't the end of abortion "rights" in this country, and I think women are coming around to realizing that.
-Gas prices have been elevated for a while now, and despite a modest drop during the summer, are going back up with no end in sight.
-Inflation is a real problem that affects everyone. Biden's only response has been interest rate hikes, and at least thus far, those aren't having a visible impact.
-Supply chain shortages, while easing somewhat, aren't resolving as fast as most people would like.
-While not a primary reason, I think the escalating situation in Ukraine isn't helping.
-Crime is up in a lot of places, and the Democrat party isn't exactly the party that is tough on crime.

There's also factors in some specific races:
-PA - While Oz isn't particularly popular there, people are finally seeing just how bad Fetterman's cognitive state really is. Also, Fetterman is very far to the left politically - moreso than the average PA voter.
-GA - Walker did have a slight polling lead before the media unleashed its fury on him. I think the timing of that unleashing was too early and Walker is already recovering from it.
-AZ - The Democrat in that race had a really poor debate performance.
-NV - Vegas was very negatively affected by all of the Covid lockdowns that lasted way longer than they should have.
-The border situation is most certainly an issue in the states closest to the border.

Ultimately - the Democrat's biggest problem is that we're now seeing a prolonged period of the all-too-predictable consequences of the Democrats in power over-reacting to Covid, and those same politicians don't seem to have answers to any of this. RT says not much has changed since Roe was overturned - and I would suggest that that is precisely the problem.
Actually I said that not much has changed since the abortion vote in KANSAS. That was in August. So there has been no event that points to that momentum changing. Before that we had several special elections where the Democrat way outperformed the PVI of the district. I mean 5-10 or more points outperformed.

Fetterman used closed captions to make sure he understood the questions. Lots of people do that in professional settings and apparently 75+% of Gen Z uses subtitles. Who knew? That’s hardly disqualifying. Our resident quack (Oz) is exploiting it as best he can though.

By all accounts I’ve read Mark Kelly didn’t do that bad in his debate in Arizona. Walker has never led in Georgia… there may have been a few right leaning polls showing a lead but overall? No. The abortion thing seems to have taken a couple points out of his hide. That was started by his son by the way… and he’s a right wing online commentator. So before you blame the media understand that it’s not their creation. Nevada goes red for exactly the reason you stated. No argument here.

Understand too that in a second Trump term with the roles reversed the Orange one would be struggling just as badly with inflation and gas prices both of which he has little control over. And it’s the Fed that hiked rates not Biden. He has no say… the Fed does Fed things basically.

learn to fly

Post by learn to fly » Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:30 am

" consequences of the Democrats in power over-reacting to Covid,"
Over reacting? Good thing Trump didn't over-react.

On Trump’s Last Full Day, Nation Records 400,000 Covid Deaths

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:05 pm

learn to fly wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:30 am

And yet we had MORE deaths the following year, despite then knowing what we were actually up against, having medical facilities not overcrowded, having treatments available, having a year (or more) of actual experience treating the infection, and having "vaccines" available to all.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:43 pm

km1125 wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:05 pm
learn to fly wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:30 am

And yet we had MORE deaths the following year, despite then knowing what we were actually up against, having medical facilities not overcrowded, having treatments available, having a year (or more) of actual experience treating the infection, and having "vaccines" available to all.
Well… unfortunately a funny thing happened… said “golden savior sent from above to save America” convinced his followers to not take the vaccine. So once the vaccines were available the makeup of the folks dying became heavily Republican. This is yet another x-factor on top of candidate quality, abortion, inflation, the economy in general, gas prices, Biden’s performance, Trumps antics… you start to see why it would be hard to predict where this is going… you take away 15,000 or 20,000 voters in a swing state and 90% of them were Republicans and in a close race it could matter.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:21 pm

Trump was always pretty pro-vaccine, and he pushed it through in record time.

Many followers are government skeptical, so they didn't get it, but it's not related to Trump.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:28 pm

audiophile wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:21 pm
Trump was always pretty pro-vaccine, and he pushed it through in record time.

Many followers are government skeptical, so they didn't get it, but it's not related to Trump.
Either way… a lot of Republicans died after the vaccines came out… disproportionately more…

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:44 pm

So we had 400,000 Covid-related deaths during the final 10 months of the Trump presidency.

We have had 660,000 Covid-related deaths thus far during the first 21 months of the Biden presidency.

That's 40,000 per month under Trump and 31,400 per month under Biden. But keep in mind that we've only had 60,000 deaths since May of this year, and that is thanks not to the vaccine, but rather thanks to the much lower severity of Omicron. Prior to that May drop-off, Biden was at 600,000 deaths in 16 months, or 37,500 per month. That's not even 10 percent lower than what happened under Trump.

Let's get real here. It wasn't the vaccine, but rather the Omicron variant that has sent death rates plummeting. If you look at the daily death graph, there's literally no correlation whatsoever between daily death rate and % of people vaccinated.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:53 pm

Getting worried yet, RT? Gamblers on PI now give the slight edge to the Republican in every close state.

I'll be sure to find you a real good forum pic :lol

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:30 am

bmw wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:53 pm
Getting worried yet, RT? Gamblers on PI now give the slight edge to the Republican in every close state.

I'll be sure to find you a real good forum pic :lol

I’ve got some ideas for you too. Not worried yet. I’m still not seeing leads all over the place. Only narrowing.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:05 am

five thirty-eight still likes the Dems

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/20 ... -forecast/
The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:22 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:05 am

The fact that they have the House at 20% to go Dem means their data is beyond useless. The chances of Dems taking the House are literally ZERO. Zip. Zilch.

btw - Real Clear Politics now projects Dixon will win Michigan.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:26 pm

I'm dong well as of right now.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:35 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:22 pm
Honeyman wrote:

The fact that they have the House at 20% to go Dem means their data is beyond useless. The chances of Dems taking the House are literally ZERO. Zip. Zilch.

538 had Dems at either 67% or 75% for the Senate earlier in the week.

Also, Dixon limiting Whitmer's damage to one term would be incredible.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:32 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:35 pm
bmw wrote:
Honeyman wrote:

538 had Dems at either 67% or 75% for the Senate earlier in the week.

Also, Dixon limiting Whitmer's damage to one term would be incredible.
I don’t believe that. When even my mother who is a stalwart Republican(as in was a delegate for many years) started asking about third party candidates for governor, you got a big ass problem.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:51 pm

bmw wrote:
Honeyman wrote:

They are not literally zero. Thanks for the insight into the election Hillary.

538 has crunched infinitely more numbers then you or I and run them through a computer algorithm that neither one of us understands.

I think you are way overconfident. Like the polling isn’t even showing leads in these places. Cool your jets dude.

The AP brought up a good point today… how much has Trump telling people it’s all rigged turned them off to voting? According to the AP Republicans are having some difficulty convincing some folks to vote now.
Last edited by Rate This on Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic