Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Herschel Walker?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
learn to fly

Herschel Walker?

Post by learn to fly » Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:26 am

Six years into the Trump Era, you should stop being surprised. Really. Concerns about “character” and “family values” have been overwhelmed by a political culture of whataboutism and rationalizations about binary choices. And power.

Lester The Nightfly

Re: Herschel Walker?

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:29 pm

CTE is a bitch.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:09 pm

So basically Georgia's Senate race is between TWO men who have personal/family problems.
Georgia Democratic senator Raphael Warnock has been ordered to attend mediation for a custody dispute with his ex-wife, after she accused him of neglecting visitation with their two young children and failing to pay childcare expenses.
https://freebeacon.com/democrats/ex-wif ... -expenses/

Court filing:

https://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploa ... PLAINT.pdf

Then there was this:
Georgia Democratic Senate candidate Rev. Raphael Warnock is coming under fire for serious incidents at a summer camp he ran in Maryland, including his own arrest for impeding a child abuse investigation.

Warnock, a pastor at Atlanta’s Ebenezer Baptist Church since 2005, previously worked for five years as pastor of a Baltimore church whose camp was plagued with abuse and health code violations. In 2002, Warnock and a colleague were arrested for interfering with a police investigation of abuse claims. Warnock, then 33, was taken away in handcuffs after he interrupted a police interview with a camp counselor about possible abuse and blocked a camper from directing officers to other witnesses, according to a resurfaced Baltimore Sun article.
https://nypost.com/2020/12/11/warnocks- ... -surfaces/

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:47 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:09 pm
So basically Georgia's Senate race is between TWO men who have personal/family problems.
Georgia Democratic senator Raphael Warnock has been ordered to attend mediation for a custody dispute with his ex-wife, after she accused him of neglecting visitation with their two young children and failing to pay childcare expenses.
https://freebeacon.com/democrats/ex-wif ... -expenses/

Court filing:

https://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploa ... PLAINT.pdf

Then there was this:
Georgia Democratic Senate candidate Rev. Raphael Warnock is coming under fire for serious incidents at a summer camp he ran in Maryland, including his own arrest for impeding a child abuse investigation.

Warnock, a pastor at Atlanta’s Ebenezer Baptist Church since 2005, previously worked for five years as pastor of a Baltimore church whose camp was plagued with abuse and health code violations. In 2002, Warnock and a colleague were arrested for interfering with a police investigation of abuse claims. Warnock, then 33, was taken away in handcuffs after he interrupted a police interview with a camp counselor about possible abuse and blocked a camper from directing officers to other witnesses, according to a resurfaced Baltimore Sun article.
https://nypost.com/2020/12/11/warnocks- ... -surfaces/
I would say that Walker is in the weaker position here based on two things:
1) The voters elected Warnock anyways.
2) Abortion is THE issue of the day. Not inflation or anything else. Poll after poll and result after result is showing that.

That said if they were willing to look past Warnock's issues maybe this won't ding Walker much either.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:09 am

bmw wrote:
So basically Georgia's Senate race is between TWO men who have personal/family problems
Everyone I know that's been divorced with kids has been through some difficult custody issues. But let's talk about men with personal family problems.

Newt Gingrich was having an extra marital affair and lied about it while he was trying to impeach Bill Clinton for having an extra marital affair and lying about it.

A Texas congressman was having an affair with the wife of a ISIS leader while serving in Congress.

STFU

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:52 am

I'm simply pointing out that the media is all over Walker for his family issues while Warnock mostly gets a free pass. I didn't make any judgments of either person's character based on these issues, though I would say that being arrested for obstruction of a police investigation into abuse of children is potentially a serious offense.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:16 am

bmw wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:52 am
I'm simply pointing out that the media is all over Walker for his family issues while Warnock mostly gets a free pass. I didn't make any judgments of either person's character based on these issues, though I would say that being arrested for obstruction of a police investigation into abuse of children is potentially a serious offense.
So you're fine with Walker's abortion? Got it...

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:26 am

I read his response three times and nowhere did he say he was ok with an abortion. How about you quit putting words in other people's keyboards.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:30 am

I wasn't aware Walker had an abortion. Was he pregnant?

If you're referring to this:
The Daily Beast, citing a woman who asked not to be identified because of privacy concerns, published a story saying Walker had urged a woman to have an abortion in 2009 after he got her pregnant. The news outlet said it corroborated the details with a close friend whom “she told at the time and who, according to the woman and her friend, took care of her in the days after the procedure.” It also published what the woman said was a “get well” card signed by Walker and said she had provided both the receipt from the abortion clinic and a bank deposit showing an image of Walker’s check reimbursing her for the cost of the procedure.
Isn't this the EXACT type of thing that Prop 3 in Michigan seeks to encourage? Prop 3 would give both men and women equal rights in all matters relating to pregnancy. This would be a textbook example of a man not only exercising said rights, but being responsible by paying for the procedure.

I thought the left was in full support of Prop 3. Please help me understand why the left is upset over these allegation.
Last edited by bmw on Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:34 am

zzand wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:26 am
I read his response three times and nowhere did he say he was ok with an abortion. How about you quit putting words in other people's keyboards.
That's literally all he does. That and exaggerate or outright lie about facts. Just the other day he said about me - "This is the crazy thing about bmw. He endorses organizations that turn to violence to solve their problems. He's part of the anti-abortion movement and part of this insurrection group." Those are all outright lies. Every single statement. I've never endorsed any organization in my life. I'm not an activist, and I wasn't present at the Capitol or sympathetic to the cause of the Jan 6 rioters (in fact I said very early on and have never changed my opinion that Biden won fair and square). It gets tiring defending one's self against lie after lie after lie.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:46 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:34 am
zzand wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:26 am
That's literally all he does. That and exaggerate or outright lie about facts. Just the other day he said about me - "This is the crazy thing about bmw. He endorses organizations that turn to violence to solve their problems. He's part of the anti-abortion movement and part of this insurrection group." Those are all outright lies. Every single statement. I've never endorsed any organization in my life. I'm not an activist, and I wasn't present at the Capitol or sympathetic to the cause of the Jan 6 rioters (in fact I said very early on and have never changed my opinion that Biden won fair and square). It gets tiring defending one's self against lie after lie after lie.
That last sentence… now you know how we all feel after four years of Trump.

I have no skin in this game otherwise. Carry on.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:21 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/news/herschel-wal ... 06600.html

"Let's keep the gas guzzling cars that produce good emissions".

He's done. There were people that held their nose and voted for him to win the Senate for the Republicans. Those people are not gonna come out now to vote for this cretin.

The censorship king from out of state.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:00 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:21 pm
https://www.yahoo.com/news/herschel-wal ... 06600.html

"Let's keep the gas guzzling cars that produce good emissions".

He's done. There were people that held their nose and voted for him to win the Senate for the Republicans. Those people are not gonna come out now to vote for this cretin.
Have you seen the Trump electorate? They probably jumped up and down about this.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:25 am

I was down in Tennessee last week and there was a guy waiting for a pharmacy pick up who had left his diesel pickup truck running in the parking lot. He was there for 22 minutes in the lobby. Given how Out Of Tune it was that was probably seven dollars worth of diesel that he burned. These guys feel they're being patriotic by blasting emissions. I know exactly who Walker was talking to.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:11 am

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:09 am
bmw wrote:
So basically Georgia's Senate race is between TWO men who have personal/family problems
Everyone I know that's been divorced with kids has been through some difficult custody issues. But let's talk about men with personal family problems.

Newt Gingrich was having an extra marital affair and lied about it while he was trying to impeach Bill Clinton for having an extra marital affair and lying about it.

A Texas congressman was having an affair with the wife of a ISIS leader while serving in Congress.

STFU
I'm looking for a word.

It describes something I see frequently here on Buzzboard. When someone brings up as a defense something that has nothing to do with the current discussion.

I cordially exited a discussion in another forum because the individual did this. Said something totally irrelevant as a defense of their point of view.

There's a word that describes the kind of reply that makes you go:
"Huh? What does that have to do with anything?".

I first learned the word here on Buzzboard a few months ago. Should of wrote it down.
What is that word?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic