Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Let Them Pick Crops

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Let Them Pick Crops

Post by Bryce » Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:29 pm

Nancy Pelosi is a typical limousine liberal.
We have a shortage of workers in our country, and you see even in Florida, some of the farmers and the growers saying, 'Why are you shipping these immigrants up North? We need them to pick the crops down here,'" she said
She probably wouldn't want them working near her house either.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Re: Let Them Pick Crops

Post by Rate This » Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:56 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:29 pm
We have a shortage of workers in our country, and you see even in Florida, some of the farmers and the growers saying, 'Why are you shipping these immigrants up North? We need them to pick the crops down here,'" she said
Problem is she’s absolutely right. Crop harvesting is one job that pays next to nothing to illegal immigrants in disproportionate numbers. You can’t get Americans to do it so they have to look elsewhere and also save a buck. Smells like capitalism to me.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:54 pm

Bryce wrote:
I'll go a step further - ALL white liberals who espouse diversity feel the same way.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:09 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:54 pm
Bryce wrote:
I'll go a step further - ALL white liberals who espouse diversity feel the same way.
So there are no liberals in the vast population of Florida? Got it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:53 pm

Actually, ask anyone in Agriculture, this migrant crap that has been started does hurt farming.

Organizations like JFON work to ensure safe work practices, and no farmer wants the reputation of being unfair, because we all have cellphones these days and no one will work for an asshole.

So if I was a Florida farmers, I'd be pissed at DeSantis.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:27 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:56 pm
Bryce wrote:
Problem is she’s absolutely right. Crop harvesting is one job that pays next to nothing to illegal immigrants in disproportionate numbers. You can’t get Americans to do it so they have to look elsewhere and also save a buck. Smells like capitalism to me.
Funny, isn't it, how years ago, George Dubya (who I never liked) said the same thing about crop harvesting, mowing lawns, landscaping, etc etc and was ridiculed by the same group of elites for saying it.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:54 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:27 pm
Rate This wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:56 pm
Bryce wrote:
Funny, isn't it, how years ago, George Dubya (who I never liked) said the same thing about crop harvesting, mowing lawns, landscaping, etc etc and was ridiculed by the same group of elites for saying it.
Politicians are opportunists… who knew?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:58 pm

Matt wrote:

Wow. Sure glad I'm not a white liberal.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:52 am

Matt wrote:
Bryce wrote:
Yup. If Obama was still President, he'd sell the current border situation as, "If you like your lawn service, you can keep your lawn service." Pelosi would make sure none of them lived in nice neighborhoods either.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:49 am

Bryce wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:52 am
Matt wrote:
Bryce wrote:
Yup. If Obama was still President, he'd sell the current border situation as, "If you like your lawn service, you can keep your lawn service." Pelosi would make sure none of them lived in nice neighborhoods either.
The situation with illegals coming in and working the jobs they work is capitalism at work. You can avoid this fact at your own peril. You cannot have it both ways.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:03 pm

I'd be happy if there was enforcement of the E-Verify system that has been in place for some 15 years. Jail for both the employee and the employer if they fail to adhere to the rule.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:16 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:03 pm
I'd be happy if there was enforcement of the E-Verify system that has been in place for some 15 years. Jail for both the employee and the employer if they fail to adhere to the rule.
I understand that that system only works for political targets.

Face it, most business owners who use migrant workers vote Republican.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:52 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:03 pm
How dare you go after rich pricks like that! Employers aRe j0b cReaT0rs!

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:45 am

Not often I say this - but Pelosi is correct.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:32 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:45 am
Not often I say this - but Pelosi is correct.
She's still racist though.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic