Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

DeSantis orders Americans to leave their homes

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
HD74

Re: DeSantis orders Americans to leave their homes

Post by HD74 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:39 pm

Is it to late to nuke it?

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:21 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:02 am
TC Talks wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:04 pm
Where are the protests? This is a violation of Fourth amendment rights. DeSantis is a disgrace to people who elected him with this order to the evacuate.

We need an inquiry we need someone to stand up to this bully who is threatening democracy...

https://www.floridadisaster.org/evacuation-orders/
At least he didn't order them all to go to nursing homes.
Ouch!

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:47 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:02 am
TC Talks wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:04 pm
Where are the protests? This is a violation of Fourth amendment rights. DeSantis is a disgrace to people who elected him with this order to the evacuate.

We need an inquiry we need someone to stand up to this bully who is threatening democracy...

https://www.floridadisaster.org/evacuation-orders/
At least he didn't order them all to go to nursing homes.
I have full confidence that the DeSantis will do something completely stupid. It's too soon to tell you what that will be but it's going to happen.

Maybe Biden should respond to this hurricane like Trump responded to the hurricane in Puerto Rico. Biden won't, as he's an adult, but I just want to remind you what that idiot Trump did when one of our territories was in crisis.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:15 pm

Tampa Bay should see minimal storm surge, if any, since landfall occurred well to the south near Punta Gorda and Cape Coral. Wind will be moving offshore for many hours.

Rain has been and will be heavy, but not nearly as bad as points 40+ miles south and southeast. Flooding should be relatively minor in the immediate Tampa area.

Tampa Bay dodged a massive bullet...yet again. Sarasota even got lucky, as late last night it appeared they or Venice were in line for a direct hit. Although not hit by the worst winds and escaping any serious storm surge threat, Venice and Sarasota are seeing very heavy rainfall.

Fort Myers / Cape Coral / Punta Gorda / Port Charlotte got royally screwed. Naples got hit pretty hard by storm surge, and they weren't even upgraded to a hurricane warning until last night sometime. The Fort Myers Metro saw some very intense wind gusts today - widespread gusts near 100 mph or higher.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:03 pm

TWC has Cantore dressed like an idiot... Out to hit a few balls after the hurricane?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:23 pm

A breezy, rainy day here. Checking out of the shelter tonight.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:33 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:23 pm
A breezy, rainy day here. Checking out of the shelter tonight.
Keep an eye on this.

― Noam Chomsky

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:00 pm

Radar shows the area near North Port, FL (SE of Venice) has seen more than 15 inches of rain, and it's still raining there, although the rain should wind down there in a few hours.

The strong offshore wind in the Tampa area has largely emptied Tampa Bay! All the water has gone out to sea. Much different outcome than what was forecast 36 hours ago.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:54 pm

You know a storm is bad when storm chaser Reed Timmer goes into hiding.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:47 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:54 pm
I have a weed trimmer at home. But I don't use it on stormy days.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:21 am

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:03 pm
TWC has Cantore dressed like an idiot... Out to hit a few balls after the hurricane?

Protection from flying debris, you silly goose.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:22 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:47 am
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:54 pm
I have a weed trimmer at home. But I don't use it on stormy days.
Reed Timmer is a fairly well-known national tornado/storm chaser, originally from Grand Rapids Michigan.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:36 am

Have friends and family north and south of Tampa, and more in Cape Coral. The folks around Tampa got spared for sure, no matter what kind of damage they end up having. It would have been 100x worse if the storm actually landed just north of Tampa as they had been thinking a couple days ago.

Texted back and forth with the friends in Cape Coral yesterday as the storm was approaching and then passing overhead. They're right on the water and were on the south/east edge of they eyewall, They sat through it and were fine except their lanai got trashed. They had just bought/built a new house at a bit higher elevation than their old house last year, which was on a canal in the same area. Their old house probably fared much worse, but they haven't checked it out yet (just out of curiosity).

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:28 pm

This is a President responds to a natural disaster on US soil... Remember how Trump handled Puerto Rico?
President Biden said his designation of Florida as a major disaster area will allow residents of affected areas to request up to $37,900 toward home repairs and another $37,900 for loss of things like cars or other personal property.

― Noam Chomsky

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:58 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:28 pm
This is a President responds to a natural disaster on US soil... Remember how Trump handled Puerto Rico?
President Biden said his designation of Florida as a major disaster area will allow residents of affected areas to request up to $37,900 toward home repairs and another $37,900 for loss of things like cars or other personal property.
Well, he is good about handing out money to just about anyone (money that he doesn't earn and doesn't have)!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic