Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

DeSantis orders Americans to leave their homes

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

DeSantis orders Americans to leave their homes

Post by TC Talks » Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:04 pm

Where are the protests? This is a violation of Fourth amendment rights. DeSantis is a disgrace to people who elected him with this order to the evacuate.

We need an inquiry we need someone to stand up to this bully who is threatening democracy...

https://www.floridadisaster.org/evacuation-orders/

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Turkeytop

Re: DeSantis orders Americans to leave their homes

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:25 pm

He was on TV today telling us to get to a hotel. We had reservations at the Holiday Inn that were cancelled when the Sheriff's Dept ordered the closure of every hotel in the county.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:29 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:25 pm
He was on TV today telling us to get to a hotel. We had reservations at the Holiday Inn that were cancelled when the Sheriff's Dept ordered the closure of every hotel in the county.
See? He's the gustapo, but this time he's attacking North Americans.

I hope you stay safe, it looks kinda of nasty.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:43 pm

There's no penalty for ignoring a mandatory evacuation order in Florida.

Different story in California, however, where they can throw your ass in jail for 6 months. https://casetext.com/statute/california ... %20dollars

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:07 am

I’m not so sure telling people to get the hell out of the way of a storm with SUSTAINED winds above 130 MPH is a bad thing. It’ll be blowing that hard for hours on end.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:37 am

About time he do something to actually help Floridians stay safe.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Taco

Post by Taco » Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:30 am

Hurricane Ian is 2mph short of being a cat 5. I surely hope people are getting out and taking shelter.

Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:50 am

Taco wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:30 am
Hurricane Ian is 2mph short of being a cat 5. I surely hope people are getting out and taking shelter.
Here in the Tampa Bay area the rain is starting and the winds are getting gusty. We plan to head for our shelter before noon.

This just in: The Gov has asked for thoughts and prayers. That should put an end to the storm. It always works for mass shootings.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:12 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:50 am
Taco wrote:
Here in the Tampa Bay area the rain is starting and the winds are getting gusty. We plan to head for our shelter before noon.
Where are you at exactly? Every model run keeps pushing this thing further south. In just 36 hours, the forecast track has shifted from Tampa Bay to Gasparilla Sound-Charlotte Harbor - basically, just north of Fort Meyers.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:18 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Taco wrote:

This just in: The Gov has asked for thoughts and prayers. That should put an end to the storm. It always works for mass shootings.
The lefties would just pass a law that hurricanes can't exceed Cat 1 specs and swear that will put an end to all the damage and destruction. Maybe they can get the EPA to enforce it.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:23 am

km1125 wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:18 am
Turkeytop wrote:
Taco wrote:

The lefties would just pass a law that hurricanes can't exceed Cat 1 specs and swear that will put an end to all the damage and destruction. Maybe they can get the EPA to enforce it.
Nah. They'd just enact green energy policies that send us back to the stone age such that the average hurricane strength is 1 to 2 MPH less than it is today.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:26 am

bmw wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:12 am
Turkeytop wrote:
Taco wrote:
Where are you at exactly? Every model run keeps pushing this thing further south. In just 36 hours, the forecast track has shifted from Tampa Bay to Gasparilla Sound-Charlotte Harbor - basically, just north of Fort Meyers.
Seminole, just outside of St Pete, about two miles fromthe coast. They say our greatest threat now is flooding and power outages.

Thoughts and Prayers.

MichMash

Post by MichMash » Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:48 am

Rate This wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:07 am
I’m not so sure telling people to get the hell out of the way of a storm with SUSTAINED winds above 130 MPH is a bad thing. It’ll be blowing that hard for hours on end.
Regarding hurricanes, Ron White said it best: it's not THAT the wind is blowing, it's WHAT the wind is blowing.

Combine that with the expected storm surge, and a lot of southwest Florida will be either blown down, uprooted or under water.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:02 am

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:04 pm
Where are the protests? This is a violation of Fourth amendment rights. DeSantis is a disgrace to people who elected him with this order to the evacuate.

We need an inquiry we need someone to stand up to this bully who is threatening democracy...

https://www.floridadisaster.org/evacuation-orders/
At least he didn't order them all to go to nursing homes.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:13 am

aaaaaannnnnnd Bryce wins the internet today.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic