Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

DeSantis orders Americans to leave their homes

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: DeSantis orders Americans to leave their homes

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:20 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:48 am
Boy is this hypocritical idiot having to eat his words. I hope none of you conservatives actually consider him presidential. He needs to look at the citizens of his State and say "we can't live on a credit card mentality so I am refusing to accept aid."

Matt, are you ready to denounce this chump?
As a freshman congressman in 2013, Ron DeSantis was unambiguous: A federal bailout for the New York region after Hurricane Sandy was an irresponsible boondoggle, a symbol of the “put it on the credit card mentality” he had come to Washington to oppose.

“I sympathize with the victims,” he said. But his answer was no.

Nearly a decade later, as his state confronts the devastation and costly destruction wrought by Hurricane Ian, Mr. DeSantis is appealing to the nation’s better angels — and betting on its short memory.

“As you say, Tucker, we live in a very politicized time,” Mr. DeSantis, now Florida’s governor, told Tucker Carlson on Wednesday night, outlining his request for full federal reimbursement up front for 60 days and urging the Biden administration to do the right thing. “But you know, when people are fighting for their lives, when their whole livelihood is at stake, when they’ve lost everything — if you can’t put politics aside for that, then you’re just not going to be able to.”

The tonal whiplash for Mr. DeSantis reflects a different job and a different moment — a Tea Party-era House Republican now steering a perennially storm-battered state dependent once more on federal assistance to rebuild. Yet even in the context of his term as governor, the hurricane has required Mr. DeSantis to test another gear.
Typical from Ron DeSatan.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 15846

Post by Deleted User 15846 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:18 pm

Maybe The Redwing Boot Company can send boot straps to Florida, so people can pull themselves up.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:08 pm

:lol :lol :lol
Mr. Peabody wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:18 pm
Maybe The Redwing Boot Company can send boot straps to Florida, so people can pull themselves up.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:16 am

DeSantis making the rounds this week thanking law enforcement. Very presidential.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic