Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

FBI raids home of Catholic pro-life speaker, author with guns drawn as his terrified kids watch

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: FBI raids home of Catholic pro-life speaker, author with guns drawn as his terrified kids watch

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:43 pm

I saw this article yesterday on Facebook and figured this is the type of trash Audio reads. I was right.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Colonel Flagg

Re: FBI raids home of Catholic pro-life speaker, author with guns drawn as his terrified kids watch

Post by Colonel Flagg » Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:24 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:27 pm
I'm glad they're finally going after these people. Their cultists and they need to be brought to Justice.

They don't worship god, they worship an old man in Italy, and even then the ones in the United States only listen to a part of what he tells them to do.

The Catholic church in the United States is a little more than a political lobbying organization with vast real estate holdings.
Very interesting. This vitriol reads like one of Archie Bunker's theories on the Catholic Church. :smokin

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:46 am

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:24 pm
TC Talks wrote:
I'm glad they're finally going after these people. Their cultists and they need to be brought to Justice.

They don't worship god, they worship an old man in Italy, and even then the ones in the United States only listen to a part of what he tells them to do.

The Catholic church in the United States is a little more than a political lobbying organization with vast real estate holdings.
Very interesting. This vitriol reads like one of Archie Bunker's theories on the Catholic Church. :smokin
I was raised in the Catholic Church but lost the faith years ago. Still, the anti-Catholic rants always give me a chuckle.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:14 am

I know TT.

Look at TC Talk's claim as an Elder, and then wishing someone not to have children:
TC Talks wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:25 pm
As an Elder and Christian, I ask, are you comparing some plane noise to treating people as political pawns? I hope you don't have children.
I hope TCT is not around children.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:24 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:46 am
Colonel Flagg wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:24 pm
TC Talks wrote:

I was raised in the Catholic Church but lost the faith years ago. Still, the anti-Catholic rants always give me a chuckle.
My mother was raised Catholic but gave up on it years ago. My late grandmother was a devout Catholic all her life.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:43 pm

radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:24 pm
[

My mother was raised Catholic but gave up on it years ago. My late grandmother was a devout Catholic all her life.
My late grandmother was a devout catholic and claimed to have witnessed a miracle.

Said her picture of the Virgin Mary spoke to her one night. I think it might have been the onset of dementia.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:55 pm

audiophile wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:14 am
I know TT.

Look at TC Talk's claim as an Elder, and then wishing someone not to have children:
TC Talks wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:25 pm
As an Elder and Christian, I ask, are you comparing some plane noise to treating people as political pawns? I hope you don't have children.
I hope TCT is not around children.
That's a curious choice of words...
Almost 1,700 priests and clergy accused of sex abuse are unsupervised
An Associated Press investigation found that those credibly accused are now teachers, coaches, counselors and also live near playgrounds.
About 333,000 children were abused within France's Catholic Church, a report finds
October 5, 20218:23 AM ET
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
I can run with this angle forever...

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:02 am

These pro life whackos don't know when to quit....

When you are on someone's property and asked to leave, you leave. This wasn't peaceful protest, it was threatening someone on their property.
ODESSA TOWNSHIP

Anti-abortion canvasser, 84, shot, wounded

ODESSA TOWNSHIP (AP) — A man shot and wounded an 84-year-old Michigan woman who was canvassing door-to-door against a proposed constitutional amendment that would guarantee the right to abortion in the state.

The State Police are investigating the Sept. 20 shooting at a home in Odessa Township, a community about 130 miles (209 kilometers) northwest of Detroit.

The canvasser, Joan Jacobson, told investigators that she was asking a woman at the home to vote against Proposal 3 in November when she was told to leave, The Detroit News reported Thursday. She said she was headed to her car when she saw a man standing next to the woman.

“And the next thing I knew, I heard a shot and I felt some pain,” Jacobson told the newspaper. “I was just stunned. The pain was in my back, and it was very severe.”

Jacobson said she then drove to a local police station and was later treated at a hospital.

She didn’t immediately reply to a Thursday email from The Associated Press seeking comment.

Richard Harvey, 74, said he shot Jacobson accidentally while she was arguing with his wife after being told numerous times to leave the property, WOOD-TV reported.

“This lady comes up to me, knocks on my door, and says she’s from some coalition to save women and babies,” Sharon Harvey told the TV station. “She needed me to vote ‘no’ on Proposal 3. I told her I can’t do that. She would not take the fact that I was going to vote ‘yes’ on Proposal 3 as an answer. She didn’t care.”

Sharon Harvey said she told the woman to leave their property, but the woman responded, “Well, I have a right to be here,” before eventually stepping off the couple’s porch.

“It got louder and louder. My husband was in the barn and he heard it,” Sharon Harvey said.

Richard Harvey told the television station that he first fired a warning shot at a tree with his wife’s .22-caliber rifle.

He said the woman continued “ranting and raving” and waving a clipboard.

“I’m thinking she’s going to smack Sharon with it,” Richard Harvey said. “So without thinking, I went to club it away with the rifle and my finger was still in the trigger guard. It went off and hit her.”

Jacobson said she never waved her clipboard. “I didn’t want to hurt her or him,” she said of the Harveys.

The AP was unable to contact Richard or Sharon Harvey.

The State Police’s Lakeview Post is investigating the shooting.

Ionia County Prosecutor Kyle Butler said Thursday that no warrant request had been filed with his office.

“I’ve been in constant discussion with the Michigan State Police and the detective sergeant assigned as the primary investigator on the case since Sept. 20,” Butler told The Associated Press. “I have a pretty decent idea about what is being alleged to have occurred. We’re going to wait until the finer details of the facts of the situation are flushed out a bit more.”

Right to Life of Michigan described Jacobson as a long-time volunteer for the organization.

“No one should fear violence while peacefully exercising their constitutionally protected right to free speech,” Anna Visser, a spokeswoman for Right to Life of Michigan, said in a release.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:17 am

Why wasn't that asshole arrest and charged with multiple charges??

Is it legal to fire gun in the air as a "warning shot"??

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:54 am

TCT continued extremism and dislike for life is on display here. He actually supports vigilantism against an older, unarmed, woman because of difference of political beliefs. The shooter is a rabid liberal, that admitted to firing two shots because he thought the volunteer MIGHT hit his wife while she was waiving a clipboard. Clipboard being used as a lethal weapon is new one to me!

Earlier in this thread TCT supports 25-man armed raid and 11 years sentence against a man for alleged shoving (no weapon was involved).

Just more TCT hypocrisy, you need to wear boots around this guy.

Good points KM. Lock him up, warning shot is only legal if deadly force is justified.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:12 am

Say what you want, but to date, Pro Lifers have shot and killed many many more healthcare workers than the other way around and I never recall any words about it from you.

Your entire movement is full of evil.

― Noam Chomsky

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:32 am

audiophile wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:54 am
TCT continued extremism and dislike for life is on display here. He actually supports vigilantism against an older, unarmed, woman because of difference of political beliefs. The shooter is a rabid liberal, that admitted to firing two shots because he thought the volunteer MIGHT hit his wife while she was waiving a clipboard. Clipboard being used as a lethal weapon is new one to me!

Earlier in this thread TCT supports 25-man armed raid and 11 years sentence against a man for alleged shoving (no weapon was involved).

Just more TCT hypocrisy, you need to wear boots around this guy.

Good points KM. Lock him up, warning shot is only legal if deadly force is justified.
We need a law banning black clipboards and those than can handle paper with more than 9 lines!!!
TC Talks wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:12 am
Say what you want, but to date, Pro Lifers have shot and killed many many more healthcare workers than the other way around and I never recall any words about it from you.

Your entire movement is full of evil.
I wonder how many folks Jane's Revenge has killed so far?? We'll never really know, because those folks obviously dies o "Covid-related causes"!!

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:57 am

So is the opposite of Pro Lifer Pro Deather? Asking for a friend.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:26 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:02 am
These pro life whackos don't know when to quit....

When you are on someone's property and asked to leave, you leave. This wasn't peaceful protest, it was threatening someone on their property.
ODESSA TOWNSHIP

Anti-abortion canvasser, 84, shot, wounded

ODESSA TOWNSHIP (AP) — A man shot and wounded an 84-year-old Michigan woman who was canvassing door-to-door against a proposed constitutional amendment that would guarantee the right to abortion in the state.

The State Police are investigating the Sept. 20 shooting at a home in Odessa Township, a community about 130 miles (209 kilometers) northwest of Detroit.

The canvasser, Joan Jacobson, told investigators that she was asking a woman at the home to vote against Proposal 3 in November when she was told to leave, The Detroit News reported Thursday. She said she was headed to her car when she saw a man standing next to the woman.

“And the next thing I knew, I heard a shot and I felt some pain,” Jacobson told the newspaper. “I was just stunned. The pain was in my back, and it was very severe.”

Jacobson said she then drove to a local police station and was later treated at a hospital.

She didn’t immediately reply to a Thursday email from The Associated Press seeking comment.

Richard Harvey, 74, said he shot Jacobson accidentally while she was arguing with his wife after being told numerous times to leave the property, WOOD-TV reported.

“This lady comes up to me, knocks on my door, and says she’s from some coalition to save women and babies,” Sharon Harvey told the TV station. “She needed me to vote ‘no’ on Proposal 3. I told her I can’t do that. She would not take the fact that I was going to vote ‘yes’ on Proposal 3 as an answer. She didn’t care.”

Sharon Harvey said she told the woman to leave their property, but the woman responded, “Well, I have a right to be here,” before eventually stepping off the couple’s porch.

“It got louder and louder. My husband was in the barn and he heard it,” Sharon Harvey said.

Richard Harvey told the television station that he first fired a warning shot at a tree with his wife’s .22-caliber rifle.

He said the woman continued “ranting and raving” and waving a clipboard.

“I’m thinking she’s going to smack Sharon with it,” Richard Harvey said. “So without thinking, I went to club it away with the rifle and my finger was still in the trigger guard. It went off and hit her.”

Jacobson said she never waved her clipboard. “I didn’t want to hurt her or him,” she said of the Harveys.

The AP was unable to contact Richard or Sharon Harvey.

The State Police’s Lakeview Post is investigating the shooting.

Ionia County Prosecutor Kyle Butler said Thursday that no warrant request had been filed with his office.

“I’ve been in constant discussion with the Michigan State Police and the detective sergeant assigned as the primary investigator on the case since Sept. 20,” Butler told The Associated Press. “I have a pretty decent idea about what is being alleged to have occurred. We’re going to wait until the finer details of the facts of the situation are flushed out a bit more.”

Right to Life of Michigan described Jacobson as a long-time volunteer for the organization.

“No one should fear violence while peacefully exercising their constitutionally protected right to free speech,” Anna Visser, a spokeswoman for Right to Life of Michigan, said in a release.
So you must have disagreed with the sentence handed down in this case, correct?

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/ ... 700600001/

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:58 pm

zzand wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:57 am
So is the opposite of Pro Lifer Pro Deather? Asking for a friend.
It really should be pro-choice and anti-choice. But the pro-life folks needed a rebrand.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic