Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

DeSantis sends planes of illegal immigrants to Martha's Vineyard

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: DeSantis sends planes of illegal immigrants to Martha's Vineyard

Post by bmw » Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:40 pm

Thanks for the clarification. So now my question would be why did the plane stop in Florida, and who paid for the leg of the flight from Texas to Florida? My best guess would be that the leg of the flight from FL to MA would be covered under the appropriations language, but certainly not from TX to FL. And if the sole purpose of landing in Florida and then carrying on was to get it so those funds would cover it, then that's sneaky.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:48 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:40 pm
Thanks for the clarification. So now my question would be why did the plane stop in Florida, and who paid for the leg of the flight from Texas to Florida? My best guess would be that the leg of the flight from FL to MA would be covered under the appropriations language, but certainly not from TX to FL. And if the sole purpose of landing in Florida and then carrying on was to get it so those funds would cover it, then that's sneaky.
We are in complete agreement… that’s really the $64 question… how did this get paid for. He’s promising to do more of these so the answer should present itself at some point.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:03 pm

In a lot of ways I see this being not so very different than buying a house near an airport and being pissed off about the noise. Who would have ever thought being located adjacent to a international boarder in Texas or some 8500 miles of coastline adjacent to international waters have might result in a few issues? But...but it's worse now!!! Well just because the flight patterns were changed from North-South to East-West still doesn't change the fact that you're still living next to an airport with all that it entails.

Don't get me started on their crying about the economic burden the refugees represent as long as federal funds are being used to finance rebuilding of homes and properties in the very same places damaged in natural disasters time and time again.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:48 pm

BMW, hope you and your fake Christians prayed extra hard for those escaping fascism only to land in Greg Abbott's state...

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:54 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:03 pm
In a lot of ways I see this being not so very different than buying a house near an airport and being pissed off about the noise. Who would have ever thought being located adjacent to a international boarder in Texas or some 8500 miles of coastline adjacent to international waters have might result in a few issues?
Well - except that the airport exists legally on land zoned for airport use and its planes fly pursuant to all kinds of federal and state rules and regulations. That's just a tad bit different than people illegally crossing our southern border.

If you want to make a comparison, it is more akin to moving into a poor neighborhood where there's some illegal activity, but because the cops don't do much about it, crime continues to rise, but you're just supposed to deal with it and do nothing about it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:56 am

Keep worshipping demigods....

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:32 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:48 pm
BMW, hope you and your fake Christians prayed extra hard for those escaping fascism only to land in Greg Abbott's state...

Nothing says good liberal like calling the national guard to get those smelly migrants locked up somewhere else.

I no longer directly engage trolls

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:51 am

I live under the approach to Ann Arbor Airport. I accept and live with what that means. But if they expanded the runway so large commercial jets flew over my house so low they rattled my dishes at 3 in the morning I would have a legitimate complaint. If my neighbor started cooking meth and the cops wouldn't do anything I would have a legitimate complaint.
The federal Government has essentially refused to do their job and secure the southern border.

I no longer directly engage trolls

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:25 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:51 am
I live under the approach to Ann Arbor Airport. I accept and live with what that means. But if they expanded the runway so large commercial jets flew over my house so low they rattled my dishes at 3 in the morning I would have a legitimate complaint. If my neighbor started cooking meth and the cops wouldn't do anything I would have a legitimate complaint.
The federal Government has essentially refused to do their job and secure the southern border.
As an Elder and Christian, I ask, are you comparing some plane noise to treating people as political pawns? I hope you don't have children.

― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:47 pm

craig11152 wrote:
If they want to fly commercial jets over your house at 3am and you want to complain… it’ll make you feel better I guess. There’s not a snowballs chance in hell they’ll stop running them because you complain.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:23 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Let's say for argument's sake that is absolutely true. Border is not secure.. people who are in need and not well off are doing whatever they can to get here.. because they think their life can be better here. Otherwise, why would they want to come?

How does herding them onto a plane or bus and sending them thousands of miles away actually help them? oO help better secure the border?

This is a political stunt that is hurting actual real human beings. And I can't accept hurting innocent people to "make a point".

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:52 pm

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:23 pm
craig11152 wrote:
Let's say for argument's sake that is absolutely true. Border is not secure.. people who are in need and not well off are doing whatever they can to get here.. because they think their life can be better here. Otherwise, why would they want to come?

How does herding them onto a plane or bus and sending them thousands of miles away actually help them? oO help better secure the border?

This is a political stunt that is hurting actual real human beings. And I can't accept hurting innocent people to "make a point".
It doesn’t help them. Now if they had a process in place and worked with the blue states I’m sure they could have come to a solution to get these folks relocated while their asylum claims are settled. But dumping them on another states doorstep and running because “you said you welcome these people so here ya go!” Just flat out smells rotten.

Abbott and DeSantis are really into political stunts. Their base likes to watch said stunts and thinks they are the cats meow for whatever reason.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:38 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:52 pm
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
craig11152 wrote:

It doesn’t help them. Now if they had a process in place and worked with the blue states I’m sure they could have come to a solution to get these folks relocated while their asylum claims are settled. But dumping them on another states doorstep and running because “you said you welcome these people so here ya go!” Just flat out smells rotten.

Abbott and DeSantis are really into political stunts. Their base likes to watch said stunts and thinks they are the cats meow for whatever reason.
Absolutely. Leave the migrants to run the streets of Laredo, and fend for themselves. Don't let these people shatter the tranquility of Martha's Vineyard! Fifty people! Goodness gracious, that's too many!

I would quote Carl Sandburg, but it wouldn't do any good.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:39 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:38 pm
Rate This wrote:
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
craig11152 wrote:

Absolutely. Leave the migrants to run the streets of Laredo, and fend for themselves. Don't let these people shatter the tranquility of Martha's Vineyard! Fifty people! Goodness gracious, that's too many!

More have been promised. The beef is with not being informed so they could be prepared. And using them as props in a clear stunt. I’d be willing to bet DeSantis doesn’t give a whit about this one way or the other.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:41 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:39 pm
Colonel Flagg wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:38 pm
Rate This wrote:
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
craig11152 wrote:

More have been promised. The beef is with not being informed so they could be prepared. And using them as props in a clear stunt. I’d be willing to bet DeSantis doesn’t give a whit about this one way or the other.
Yep, more "word salad" excuses.

And yet... all of those people were baked to death in a hot semi trailer outside San Antonio, and all we heard was crickets. Where were the compassionate, concerned liberals then?

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic