Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

DeSantis sends planes of illegal immigrants to Martha's Vineyard

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: DeSantis sends planes of illegal immigrants to Martha's Vineyard

Post by Rate This » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:04 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:41 pm
Rate This wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:39 pm
Colonel Flagg wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:38 pm
Rate This wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:52 pm
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:23 pm
craig11152 wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:51 am
I live under the approach to Ann Arbor Airport. I accept and live with what that means. But if they expanded the runway so large commercial jets flew over my house so low they rattled my dishes at 3 in the morning I would have a legitimate complaint. If my neighbor started cooking meth and the cops wouldn't do anything I would have a legitimate complaint.
The federal Government has essentially refused to do their job and secure the southern border.
Let's say for argument's sake that is absolutely true. Border is not secure.. people who are in need and not well off are doing whatever they can to get here.. because they think their life can be better here. Otherwise, why would they want to come?

How does herding them onto a plane or bus and sending them thousands of miles away actually help them? oO help better secure the border?

This is a political stunt that is hurting actual real human beings. And I can't accept hurting innocent people to "make a point".
It doesn’t help them. Now if they had a process in place and worked with the blue states I’m sure they could have come to a solution to get these folks relocated while their asylum claims are settled. But dumping them on another states doorstep and running because “you said you welcome these people so here ya go!” Just flat out smells rotten.

Abbott and DeSantis are really into political stunts. Their base likes to watch said stunts and thinks they are the cats meow for whatever reason.
Absolutely. Leave the migrants to run the streets of Laredo, and fend for themselves. Don't let these people shatter the tranquility of Martha's Vineyard! Fifty people! Goodness gracious, that's too many!

I would quote Carl Sandburg, but it wouldn't do any good.
More have been promised. The beef is with not being informed so they could be prepared. And using them as props in a clear stunt. I’d be willing to bet DeSantis doesn’t give a whit about this one way or the other.
Yep, more "word salad" excuses.

And yet... all of those people were baked to death in a hot semi trailer outside San Antonio, and all we heard was crickets. Where were the compassionate, concerned liberals then?
Word salad? Good god man.

So you believe no liberals were concerned about that event? What are you? 7?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:14 pm

Flagg is a bit simple with his interpretation of historic events. He can't see the difference between criminal players like coyotes and Republican elected officials playing games with vulnerable people's lives.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:01 am

Colonel Flagg wrote:

And yet... all of those people were baked to death in a hot semi trailer outside San Antonio, and all we heard was crickets. Where were the compassionate, concerned liberals then?
They're probably out looking to rent some more trailers!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:10 pm

km1125 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:01 am
Colonel Flagg wrote:

What are you talking about?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:54 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:10 pm
km1125 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:01 am
Colonel Flagg wrote:

What are you talking about?
Stray thoughts in his mind.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:12 am

Looks like a serendipitous move, hurricane coming.

https://twitter.com/NHC_Atlantic/status ... 01/photo/1
Last edited by audiophile on Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:16 am

audiophile wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:12 am
Looks like a smart move, hurricane coming.

https://twitter.com/NHC_Atlantic/status ... 01/photo/1
Except they were from Texas.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic