Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump Nation Conviction Thread

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Trump Nation Conviction Thread

Post by TC Talks » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:07 pm

I figured since there are a slew of convictions coming, why not track them. We start with a biggie...
Allen Weisselberg, a Top Trump Executive, Pleads Guilty
One of Donald J. Trump’s most trusted executives stood before a judge on Thursday and pleaded guilty to 15 felonies, admitting that he conspired with Mr. Trump’s company to carry out a scheme to avoid paying taxes on lavish perks — even while refusing to implicate the former president himself.

As part of the plea deal with the Manhattan district attorney’s office, the executive, Allen H. Weisselberg, is required to testify at the company’s trial if prosecutors choose to call on him, and to admit his role in conspiring with Mr. Trump’s company to carry out the tax scheme. That testimony could tilt the scales against the company, the Trump Organization, as it prepares for an October trial related to the same accusations.

“Yes, your honor,” Mr. Weisselberg said again and again in response to detailed questions from the judge, Juan Merchan, who asked whether he and the Trump Organization committed the criminal conduct underlying each of the 15 counts.

Under the terms of the plea deal, if Mr. Weisselberg testifies truthfully at the upcoming trial, he will receive a five-month sentence. Mr. Weisselberg, who was facing up to 15 years in prison, must also pay nearly $2 million in taxes, penalties and interest.

The plea deal does not require Mr. Weisselberg to cooperate with the district attorney’s broader criminal investigation of Mr. Trump, and his admissions will not implicate the former president. His willingness to accept jail time rather than turn on Mr. Trump underscores the extent of his loyalty to a family he has served for nearly a half-century, and it helped stymie the larger effort to indict Mr. Trump.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Re: Trump Nation Conviction Thread

Post by Rate This » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:20 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:07 pm
I figured since there are a slew of convictions coming, why not track them. We start with a biggie...
Allen Weisselberg, a Top Trump Executive, Pleads Guilty
One of Donald J. Trump’s most trusted executives stood before a judge on Thursday and pleaded guilty to 15 felonies, admitting that he conspired with Mr. Trump’s company to carry out a scheme to avoid paying taxes on lavish perks — even while refusing to implicate the former president himself.

As part of the plea deal with the Manhattan district attorney’s office, the executive, Allen H. Weisselberg, is required to testify at the company’s trial if prosecutors choose to call on him, and to admit his role in conspiring with Mr. Trump’s company to carry out the tax scheme. That testimony could tilt the scales against the company, the Trump Organization, as it prepares for an October trial related to the same accusations.

“Yes, your honor,” Mr. Weisselberg said again and again in response to detailed questions from the judge, Juan Merchan, who asked whether he and the Trump Organization committed the criminal conduct underlying each of the 15 counts.

Under the terms of the plea deal, if Mr. Weisselberg testifies truthfully at the upcoming trial, he will receive a five-month sentence. Mr. Weisselberg, who was facing up to 15 years in prison, must also pay nearly $2 million in taxes, penalties and interest.

The plea deal does not require Mr. Weisselberg to cooperate with the district attorney’s broader criminal investigation of Mr. Trump, and his admissions will not implicate the former president. His willingness to accept jail time rather than turn on Mr. Trump underscores the extent of his loyalty to a family he has served for nearly a half-century, and it helped stymie the larger effort to indict Mr. Trump.
So he didn’t flip against Trump. Well that’s a loss then.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:25 pm

He agrees to testify in future trials. He hasn't had the chance yet. I want Trump's organization dismantled to pay his dues more than I want to see him in jail.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:50 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:25 pm
He agrees to testify in future trials. He hasn't had the chance yet. I want Trump's organization dismantled to pay his dues more than I want to see him in jail.
It says "His admissions will not implicate the former president" right in your article. That sucks. You know he has dirt on Trump that would implicate him. He has agreed to "sorry not going there".

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:15 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:25 pm
Trump has been bankrupt before. To him, it's just a clever way of doing business. He boasts about it. "That means I'm smart." Gets him out of his obligations to creditors, customers and employees.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:31 pm

Who said anything about bankruptcy?

Prevented from doing business in New York is a better outcome.

― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:35 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:31 pm
Who said anything about bankruptcy?

Prevented from doing business in New York is a better outcome.
Not terribly likely especially if nobody wants to turn states evidence.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:56 pm

I have a feeling TC Talks will be posting in these forums from the insane asylum if Trump wins re-election in 2024.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:20 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:56 pm
I have a feeling TC Talks will be posting in these forums from the insane asylum if Trump wins re-election in 2024.
I have the feeling you are right… though I don’t find such an outcome terribly likely for Trump…. TC is another story.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:20 pm

bmw wrote:
Or right here in the USA...

Some of us who care about our fellow man, care about democracy, care about our nation of laws don't plan on losing. How's that raid on the IRS to retaliate for the FBI collecting National secrets working out for your fellow deplorable?

― Noam Chomsky

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:58 pm

bmw wrote:
It will never happen.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:00 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:58 pm
bmw wrote:
It will never happen.
I agree - the handlers in the insane asylum will keep TCT away from the internet.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:50 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:00 pm
bmw wrote:
It will never happen.
I agree - the handlers in the insane asylum will keep TCT away from the internet.
Don't you have some sheep to rape?

Who goes to prison next?

― Noam Chomsky

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:41 am

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:50 pm
Matt wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:00 pm
bmw wrote:
It will never happen.
Don't you have some sheep to rape?

Who goes to prison next?
That's low, even for you.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:40 pm

Police lives matter? Apparently not to other police...

This is an excellent example of the type of police officer that we need to root out of law enforcement. There are plenty still serving who shouldn't be.
WASHINGTON — A retired New York City police officer who was convicted of several felonies for attacking a Washington police officer with a flagpole on Jan. 6, tackling the officer to the ground and trying to rip off his gas mask was sentenced to 10 years in federal prison Thursday.

Thomas Webster was sentenced by U.S. District Judge Amit P. Mehta to the longest sentence yet in a case related to the riot at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021.

Jurors convicted Webster, 56, in May after they determined he was lying on the stand when he tried to convince them he was trying to help the officer he assaulted to "see my hands" when he grabbed the officer's gas mask after he tackled him to the ground.

― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic