Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Liz Cheney

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: Liz Cheney

Post by bmw » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:06 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:07 pm
Never said I'd vote for her. Basically against everything I stand for.....except respect for my country.

Felt similar about John McCain. Respected the man immensely, but could not vote for him on issues.

Both were trashed by the draft dodging treasonist that you cast a vote for.
And the fact that you wouldn't vote for her is my entire point. You're cozying up to her because you and her share a common enemy and for no other reason. I don't believe for one second you'd have a single nice thing to say about her were it not for that vote and her subsequent behavior.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:36 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:41 pm

The second impeachment was 💯 correct.
I was kind of thinking the same thing, Matt but felt it was none of my business. It would have been difficult, in the moment, for her determine the wishes of her constituents. But she was well aware of her duty to defend your constitution. She took an oath.

Constituents can be wrong. In the 1960s there were constituencies that supported racial segregation.

Here in Canada, there are constituencies that supported the trucker blockades earlier this year.

Constuents can be wrong. But the constitution can never be wrong.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:17 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:36 pm
Here in Canada, there are constituencies that supported the trucker blockades earlier this year.
I would hope you were in full support of what the truckers stood for. If that's not the case, it goes against all that "union/working class" chatter you talk about.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:25 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:06 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:07 pm
Never said I'd vote for her. Basically against everything I stand for.....except respect for my country.

Felt similar about John McCain. Respected the man immensely, but could not vote for him on issues.

Both were trashed by the draft dodging treasonist that you cast a vote for.
And the fact that you wouldn't vote for her is my entire point. You're cozying up to her because you and her share a common enemy and for no other reason. I don't believe for one second you'd have a single nice thing to say about her were it not for that vote and her subsequent behavior.
I don't know what your point is. I admit I am vitually 180 degrees with what she believes. However, I applaud her courage in admitting what almost the entire of the rest of her party does not have the honestly, class, love of country, or charachter to. If you consider that,"cozying up", so be it.
The censorship king from out of state.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:35 pm

In The Bleachers wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:17 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:36 pm
I would hope you were in full support of what the truckers stood for. If that's not the case, it goes against all that "union/working class" chatter you talk about.

No. I was one of the 76% of Canadians opposed to what those a**holes were trying to do. They weren't representative of the Union or the working class or of truckers.

They were just a mob of extreme right wing, swastika waving, anti-democratic, militant antivaxxers who weaponized trucks a political tool

The real truckers were 95% vaccinated and just wanted to get back to doing their jobs and earning some money. Those idiots were preventing that.

My late father was a WW II Vet. If you think I would be in support of a gang of nazis who pissed on our National War Memorial, then I was wrong about you.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:28 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:03 pm
Do you believe that her vote to impeach was representative of the people who she represented?
So are we a Republic as Republicans claim or a Representative Democracy where the representatives sent to the capitol had better damn sure pay attention to their constituents wishes or it’s curtains? There is a correct answer here I just want to see what you think. Because the entire “we are not a democracy! We’re a Republic!” thing is starting to sound like an argument convenience more than a belief. Especially when you suddenly drag in her doing something wrong by not bowing to her constituents wishes.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:35 pm

km1125 wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:13 am
audiophile wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:19 am
km1125 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:20 am
Maybe Liz can hook up with Jeb and we can get another Bush/Cheney term??

If she REALLY wants to prevent Trump from getting another term she should be ACTIVELY encouraging a conservative candidate with a SPINE who the rest of the "never Trumpers" can rally behind to make SURE a D doesn't get in the office. I doubt it would be her, but it's her only hope to regain some credibility other than just running with the "anybody but Trump" mantra. That's how we ended up with the mess we have now.
LOL, GWB would have been a better president without Cheney. I'm convinced Cheney pushed for Iraq war, and that hurt conservatives for years.

Liz seems to want to avenge her loss, and I don't understand her attacking conservatives just because they worked well with Trump, but the Cheney's seem to like shooting their friends on the face.
I agree with you. I just think it's funny to hear a bunch of lefties cheering Cheney on and thought it would be ironic if they ended up with another Bush/Cheney team in the WH for at least four more years!
Considering I stumped for them in 2004, it's not that much of a reach for me. It's a far cry from this fascist revolutionary bullshit we see in the Republican Party now. I am not saying that I would wholesale vote for it, but I would welcome someone who has rational discourse. You have to at least come to the table instead of threatening war constantly.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:39 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:35 pm
km1125 wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:13 am
audiophile wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:19 am
km1125 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:20 am
Maybe Liz can hook up with Jeb and we can get another Bush/Cheney term??

If she REALLY wants to prevent Trump from getting another term she should be ACTIVELY encouraging a conservative candidate with a SPINE who the rest of the "never Trumpers" can rally behind to make SURE a D doesn't get in the office. I doubt it would be her, but it's her only hope to regain some credibility other than just running with the "anybody but Trump" mantra. That's how we ended up with the mess we have now.
LOL, GWB would have been a better president without Cheney. I'm convinced Cheney pushed for Iraq war, and that hurt conservatives for years.

Liz seems to want to avenge her loss, and I don't understand her attacking conservatives just because they worked well with Trump, but the Cheney's seem to like shooting their friends on the face.
I agree with you. I just think it's funny to hear a bunch of lefties cheering Cheney on and thought it would be ironic if they ended up with another Bush/Cheney team in the WH for at least four more years!
Considering I stumped for them in 2004, it's not that much of a reach for me. It's a far cry from this fascist revolutionary bullshit we see in the Republican Party now. I am not saying that I would wholesale vote for it, but I would welcome someone who has rational discourse. You have to at least come to the table instead of threatening war constantly.
Remember those miss me yet stickers from the early Obama era with W on them… I miss those Republicans. At least they could accept that there isn’t a boogeyman behind every bush and under every rock.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:46 am

I miss the ability for our political conversations to not be steered by fear. We need to move back to the "it takes a village" concept, and both parties felt this way. We just differed on how to get there. When I grew up in the 80's and 90's, we looked after each other. We cleaned up stuff. We properly funded our schools and roads without controversy. We didn't fight over vaccines.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:18 am

Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:46 am
I miss the ability for our political conversations to not be steered by fear. We need to move back to the "it takes a village" concept, and both parties felt this way. We just differed on how to get there. When I grew up in the 80's and 90's, we looked after each other. We cleaned up stuff. We properly funded our schools and roads without controversy. We didn't fight over vaccines.
So are you committing to stopping calling Ron DeSantis names and all on the right Nazis?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:29 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:18 am
Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:46 am
So are you committing to stopping calling Ron DeSantis names and all on the right Nazis?
I never called everyone on the right Nazis. I said that I won’t tolerate fascism. Anyone who supports the overthrow of our government is not the friend of this country. I have several friends on the right who are not fascists.

Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic