Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Liz Cheney

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Re: Liz Cheney

Post by audiophile » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:19 am

km1125 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:20 am
Maybe Liz can hook up with Jeb and we can get another Bush/Cheney term??

If she REALLY wants to prevent Trump from getting another term she should be ACTIVELY encouraging a conservative candidate with a SPINE who the rest of the "never Trumpers" can rally behind to make SURE a D doesn't get in the office. I doubt it would be her, but it's her only hope to regain some credibility other than just running with the "anybody but Trump" mantra. That's how we ended up with the mess we have now.
LOL, GWB would have been a better president without Cheney. I'm convinced Cheney pushed for Iraq war, and that hurt conservatives for years.

Liz seems to want to avenge her loss, and I don't understand her attacking conservatives just because they worked well with Trump, but the Cheney's seem to like shooting their friends on the face.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:13 am

audiophile wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:19 am
km1125 wrote:

If she REALLY wants to prevent Trump from getting another term she should be ACTIVELY encouraging a conservative candidate with a SPINE who the rest of the "never Trumpers" can rally behind to make SURE a D doesn't get in the office. I doubt it would be her, but it's her only hope to regain some credibility other than just running with the "anybody but Trump" mantra. That's how we ended up with the mess we have now.
LOL, GWB would have been a better president without Cheney. I'm convinced Cheney pushed for Iraq war, and that hurt conservatives for years.

Liz seems to want to avenge her loss, and I don't understand her attacking conservatives just because they worked well with Trump, but the Cheney's seem to like shooting their friends on the face.
I agree with you. I just think it's funny to hear a bunch of lefties cheering Cheney on and thought it would be ironic if they ended up with another Bush/Cheney team in the WH for at least four more years!

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:50 am

No thanks. I’d ALMOST rather see a Democrat in the White House than another Bush.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:19 pm

audiophile wrote:
km1125 wrote:

It wasn't Cheney who said "Saddam tried to kill my Daddy"
"Don't you knock when you enter a room?"

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:33 pm

km1125 wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:13 am
audiophile wrote:
km1125 wrote:

I agree with you. I just think it's funny to hear a bunch of lefties cheering Cheney on and thought it would be ironic if they ended up with another Bush/Cheney team in the WH for at least four more years!
Liz will avenge her loss about as much as Jeb did. Condescending, ruling class frauds. The Dems trying to be pals with them is even more laughable.
"Don't you knock when you enter a room?"

georgetownt

Post by georgetownt » Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:10 pm

A career politician has so much $$$ and power too lose... Years ago they used to represent the people electing them...

Boy if an outside comes in and wins their whole house of cards falls...

Public servants going in multi-millionaires coming out....

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:37 pm

georgetownt wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:10 pm
A career politician has so much $$$ and power too lose... Years ago they used to represent the people electing them...

Boy if an outside comes in and wins their whole house of cards falls...

Public servants going in multi-millionaires coming out....
Keep living that dream
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:20 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:57 am
MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:01 am
Of course she's going to say that; McCarthy did her no favors these past couple of years.

McCarthy is a weasel.
Still better than Pelosi.
Betcha he can’t keep his caucus in line and heard cats nearly as well.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:44 am

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:19 pm
audiophile wrote:
km1125 wrote:

It wasn't Cheney who said "Saddam tried to kill my Daddy"
Nope, but Daddy (GHWB) says Cheney and Rumsfield was the driving force:

https://www.thefiscaltimes.com/2015/11/ ... fghanistan
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:17 am

Bottom line is Liz will quickly lose influence once she's actually out of office at the end of the year. Liberals don't like her, and would NEVER vote for her in a general election. As I noted earlier, she voted with Trump 93% of the time. Just as has been the case with other never-Trump Republicans, the media will fawn all over her for one reason and one reason only - they share a common enemy. The left would throw her under the bus in the blink of an eye if she lost her usefulness to them.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:37 am

Cheney is one of the very few people in Congress, in either party, who actually has the conviction to stand up for what is right and put her job on the line. For that she should be respected by any thinking true American. Her beliefs are basically 100% opposed to mine, however her character is undeniable. The way she has been treated by the Republican caucus and the Republican voters in Wyoming shows how far the party has bent over to take it up the ass from the failed treasonous talk show host.
The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:37 am

"Standing up for what is right" sounds nice on paper, but ultimately your job as a member of the House of Representatives is to represent the constituents of your district. Kinda like how the job of a defense attorney is to vigorously defend your client to the best of your ability, regardless of what is "right" or "wrong." Cheney's most important vote in her time as a House member was her impeachment vote, and she cast a vote in opposition to what most of the people she represents wanted.

So no offense, but spare me the moral argument. You wouldn't vote for her.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:07 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:37 am
"Standing up for what is right" sounds nice on paper, but ultimately your job as a member of the House of Representatives is to represent the constituents of your district. Kinda like how the job of a defense attorney is to vigorously defend your client to the best of your ability, regardless of what is "right" or "wrong." Cheney's most important vote in her time as a House member was her impeachment vote, and she cast a vote in opposition to what most of the people she represents wanted.

Never said I'd vote for her. Basically against everything I stand for.....except respect for my country.

Felt similar about John McCain. Respected the man immensely, but could not vote for him on issues.

Both were trashed by the draft dodging treasonist that you cast a vote for.
The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:41 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:37 am

The second impeachment was 💯 correct.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:03 pm

Do you believe that her vote to impeach was representative of the people who she represented?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic