Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Liz Cheney

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
craig11152

Re: Liz Cheney

Post by craig11152 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:41 am

Rate This wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:35 am

He’s a little fuddy duddy… Cognitive impairment is a little strong. I don’t know if you have been around a lot of people with actual cognitive impairment… I deal with it every day on the bus. It describes maybe a little over half the passengers… whatever you believe may be going on or evidence you want to cite is child’s play.
I don't think cognitive impairment is strong at all. Look at video and audio of him 20-30-40 years ago and today.
No offence to your bus driving "expertise" but the ramifications of cognitive impairment in a sitting POTUS are a bit higher than somebody riding a bus.
As to my personal experience my mother lived with me the last 3 years of her life. She had dementia that progressed till eventually she didn't know any of her sons or grand daughters who cared for her daily.
My mother-in-law is suffering some middle level of dementia at the age of 87. She lives in an assisted living facility.
So my shear volume of experience in numbers may be smaller that yours I would suggest my close personal experience exceeds your driving a bus with passengers.
Rate This wrote:
Of course curmudgeonly behavior I know how to spot too…. You seem to be developing some of that… it tends to come with aging… often times the onset is in your 60’s. It tends to cloud judgement. There isn’t a cure.
Not sure why you feel the need to throw out personal insults and I won't try to diagnose the reasons.
Rate This wrote:
I was reading recently that there are no true independent voters. People will say they are independent and only vote for the best available candidate… but in reality everybody leans in some direction and that’s reflected in voting patterns over time. I strongly suspect you probably lean rightward ever so slightly.
The concept of independent voter doesn't require a 50-50 split. If someone voted democratic 52% of the time and republican 48% of the time would that be enough for you to call them a democratic?

But in my memory of presidential elections I...
Voted for Clinton twice. I liked the guy.
Voted Bush in 2004 because I didn't want to switch Presidents in the middle of a war.
Voted Obama in 2008.
Voted Biden in 2020... a 100% NOT Trump vote
The other times not listed I didn't vote for a mainstream candidate.

Michigan Governor:
voted Jim Blanchard three times.....I liked the guy
voted Engler against Jeffery Fieger
voted Granholm twice because of opponents
Voted Snyder once
Voted Whitmer because of opponent.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:56 am

Rate This wrote:
craig11152 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:19 am
I don't know what level of cognitive impairment Biden suffers now but it won't get better, only worse.
He’s a little fuddy duddy… Cognitive impairment is a little strong. I don’t know if you have been around a lot of people with actual cognitive impairment ....
I have to agree with Craig.
Whether it's "fuddy duddy" or cognitive impairment, someone else needs to be the Democratic nominee in 2024.
Can you honestly disagree with that?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:01 pm

In The Bleachers wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:56 am
Rate This wrote:
craig11152 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:19 am
I don't know what level of cognitive impairment Biden suffers now but it won't get better, only worse.
He’s a little fuddy duddy… Cognitive impairment is a little strong. I don’t know if you have been around a lot of people with actual cognitive impairment ....
I have to agree with Craig.
Whether it's "fuddy duddy" or cognitive impairment, someone else needs to be the Democratic nominee in 2024.
Can you honestly disagree with that?
Personally I want Buttigieg… I like the guy even if his name is hard to unscramble. It’s beyond time for some fresh faces leading the country. That said I do honestly like Biden regardless of whatever he may or may not have going on.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:08 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:41 am
Rate This wrote:

He’s a little fuddy duddy… Cognitive impairment is a little strong. I don’t know if you have been around a lot of people with actual cognitive impairment… I deal with it every day on the bus. It describes maybe a little over half the passengers… whatever you believe may be going on or evidence you want to cite is child’s play.
I don't think cognitive impairment is strong at all. Look at video and audio of him 20-30-40 years ago and today.
No offence to your bus driving "expertise" but the ramifications of cognitive impairment in a sitting POTUS are a bit higher than somebody riding a bus.
As to my personal experience my mother lived with me the last 3 years of her life. She had dementia that progressed till eventually she didn't know any of her sons or grand daughters who cared for her daily.
My mother-in-law is suffering some middle level of dementia at the age of 87. She lives in an assisted living facility.
So my shear volume of experience in numbers may be smaller that yours I would suggest my close personal experience exceeds your driving a bus with passengers.
Rate This wrote:
Of course curmudgeonly behavior I know how to spot too…. You seem to be developing some of that… it tends to come with aging… often times the onset is in your 60’s. It tends to cloud judgement. There isn’t a cure.
Not sure why you feel the need to throw out personal insults and I won't try to diagnose the reasons.
Rate This wrote:
I was reading recently that there are no true independent voters. People will say they are independent and only vote for the best available candidate… but in reality everybody leans in some direction and that’s reflected in voting patterns over time. I strongly suspect you probably lean rightward ever so slightly.
The concept of independent voter doesn't require a 50-50 split. If someone voted democratic 52% of the time and republican 48% of the time would that be enough for you to call them a democratic?

But in my memory of presidential elections I...
Voted for Clinton twice. I liked the guy.
Voted Bush in 2004 because I didn't want to switch Presidents in the middle of a war.
Voted Obama in 2008.
Voted Biden in 2020... a 100% NOT Trump vote
The other times not listed I didn't vote for a mainstream candidate.

Michigan Governor:
voted Jim Blanchard three times.....I liked the guy
voted Engler against Jeffery Fieger
voted Granholm twice because of opponents
Voted Snyder once
Voted Whitmer because of opponent.
I see you skipped the “all kidding aside”. I was pretty explicit that it wasn’t serious. So you left your sense of humor, albeit dry humor, somewhere today. Anyways… I watched both of my grandparents on my mothers side go the same way. So I have a little experience with real cognitive decline too. I had a guy just yesterday that I took down to Detroit going to Indianapolis… guy was drunk I think… anyways I got him coming back yesterday sober as could be… I said “You’re back”… and he started arguing with me, claimed he had never seen me and hadn’t been to Indianapolis since 1992 then proceeded to tell me later how bad his trip to Indianapolis was. The guy was 56 he told me. Are you claiming THAT level of cognitive decline in Biden? That’s cognitive decline. That would be break the glass and invoke the 25th post haste. Misplacing words and losing your attention span and trying to be polite and saying “can I ask a question now” simply isn’t in the same zip code. Maybe not even the same state. It’s consistent with aging into your late 70’s. I lived with somebody who started to do that stuff. It wasn’t cognitive decline. Just old age.

As for your votes… Half the time you voted Democrat at least… you voted that way only because you didn’t like the Republican. So if they had only run a better candidate you’d have been voting that way… my friend… you lean Republican.

Very very few people split 50-50 like you suggest. They spent years and did a study trying to figure this out.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:22 pm

Don't see how you can tell somebody who voted for Clinton twice and Obama once they lean GOP.

What's the magic with Buttigieg? He's young? I don't see how he is qualified for the highest office in the land, despite the low bar that has been set.

The censorship king from out of state.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:27 pm

At this point in the Obama arc, he was still a nobody, yet he won.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:49 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:22 pm
Don't see how you can tell somebody who voted for Clinton twice and Obama once they lean GOP.

What's the magic with Buttigieg? He's young? I don't see how he is qualified for the highest office in the land, despite the low bar that has been set.
The key word is "lean" that means slightly more likely to vote Republican than not... and at that its the old Republicans. He says voted for Biden because he wasn't Trump not because he necessarily endorsed the policies.

If we can elect Trump is there a bar at all?

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:59 pm

craig11152 wrote:
I find this complaint laughable considering that you called me "mentally unstable" for my views on Covid.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:18 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:59 pm
craig11152 wrote:
I find this complaint laughable considering that you called me "mentally unstable" for my views on Covid.
Not to mention I said I was kidding...

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:04 pm

bmw wrote:
craig11152 wrote:
Was that before or after I bought a computer from you and gave you a credit card number sight unseen?

I no longer directly engage trolls

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:19 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:27 pm
Obama gave a speech at the 2004 DNC that catapulted his profile. He wasn't a nobody in 2006...

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:19 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:04 pm
bmw wrote:
craig11152 wrote:
Was that before or after I bought a computer from you and gave you a credit card number sight unseen?
Why is that relevant one way or the other if you did call him mentally unstable… which I recall you doing?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:20 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:19 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:27 pm
Obama gave a speech at the 2004 DNC that catapulted his profile. He wasn't a nobody in 2006...
But he was still a snowballs chance in hell till he won Iowa in 2008. Even then it went to the very end of primary season which is very unusual. There was even talk of the DNC possibly tipping the scales towards Hillary as I recall…

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:24 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:04 pm
Not sure what you buying a computer from me in the past has anything to do with anything, nor what me accepting an over-the-phone credit card payment has to do with anything...but it was after. What exactly are you insinuating here? All I said was that you can't personally insult others here and then expect to be immune from the same.
Last edited by bmw on Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:24 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:01 pm
Personally I want Buttigieg… I like the guy even if his name is hard to unscramble. It’s beyond time for some fresh faces leading the country. That said I do honestly like Biden regardless of whatever he may or may not have going on.
In a way, I'm with you. I'd like to see some younger people get elected. They seem less likely to be set in their ways.
More likely to meet towards the middle. . I wish there could be a cut off, no one old enough to be a grandparent.
Tulsi Gabbard is a good example. Like Liz Cheney, she's not in lockstep with the party line.
Not afraid to go after the low hanging fruit on the other side for the good of the whole.

I know y'all will flame me because Gabbard has become a Fox News sweetheart. But is that truly a bad thing?
Is the things she says on Fox really horrible? Or like I said, is it a mindset the country needs to consider?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic