Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The Democrats’ 2022 death wish

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: The Democrats’ 2022 death wish

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:19 pm

I think Dems grab a seat in the Senate. I have no doubt that the right will turn out in places in Florida, Ohio, North Carolina, and Wisconsin. Tony Evers has pissed a lot of Republicans off. I think Pennsylvania goes Democrat.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:27 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:19 pm
I think Dems grab a seat in the Senate. I have no doubt that the right will turn out in places in Florida, Ohio, North Carolina, and Wisconsin. Tony Evers has pissed a lot of Republicans off. I think Pennsylvania goes Democrat.
Vance is currently down double digits to Tim Ryan in Ohio. He’s just a bad candidate. The race is winnable but maybe not with him in it.

The point about turnout is probably the key. Whichever side turns out more will win the marbles.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:59 pm

Abortion will get younger women out to vote...

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:14 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:59 pm
Abortion will get younger women out to vote...
That’s my point.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:16 pm

In the Arizona Senate race, the Democrat has a surprisingly strong lead in all recent polling.

Florida is a toss up in polling, but Republicans tend to outperform polling there, so I expect Rubio to win.

Dem candidates have narrow leads, within the margin of error, in NC and GA. Need to find some recent polling for WI. Barnes won the Dem primary there in an absolute landslide earlier this week.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:55 pm

I forgot to mention Dr. Oz is performing poorly in polling in Pennsylvania.

A lot can happen between now and the first Tuesday in November. Right now, I'd say the Dems are on track to pick up two seats in the Senate. Could be more depending on how the abortion debate plays out.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:47 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:55 pm
I forgot to mention Dr. Oz is performing poorly in polling in Pennsylvania.

A lot can happen between now and the first Tuesday in November. Right now, I'd say the Dems are on track to pick up two seats in the Senate. Could be more depending on how the abortion debate plays out.
I would not discount what’s going on now with Trump being a factor especially if he either jumps in next week falsely thinking he won’t be charged because he’s a candidate or he does gets charged and many Republicans are hugging him too tightly at the point that mass numbers of independents are turned away by it. (his being a candidate won’t mean squat in reality. The Feds will pop him regardless of that.)

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:19 pm

Trump may well get into the race very soon so as to do so before charges are filed. Then he can claim the charges are politically motivated. Much harder to get in after charges.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:41 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:19 pm
Trump may well get into the race very soon so as to do so before charges are filed. Then he can claim the charges are politically motivated. Much harder to get in after charges.
Right. He also believes he CANNOT be charged if he is a candidate no matter when. Apparently his handlers / enablers are urging him to declare ASAP.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:54 am

Rate This wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:41 pm
bmw wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:19 pm
Right. He also believes he CANNOT be charged if he is a candidate no matter when. Apparently his handlers / enablers are urging him to declare ASAP.
Can the RNC hold a convention in his jail cell?

“Good evening, my fellow Americans from cell block B6. You look beautiful tonight. Tonight, I accept your nom(fart heard)….nomination. Hey Tony, would you keep it down over there!

….Listen America, I know things look bad with me being in here. But I promise to get out in 9 days, we will walk to the polls together, you and I, in November. And when I get out of here the Democrats….will pay, believe me!”

:rollin :rollin :rollin

Just the thought of it.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:53 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:16 pm
In the Arizona Senate race, the Democrat has a surprisingly strong lead in all recent polling.

Florida is a toss up in polling, but Republicans tend to outperform polling there, so I expect Rubio to win.

Dem candidates have narrow leads, within the margin of error, in NC and GA. Need to find some recent polling for WI. Barnes won the Dem primary there in an absolute landslide earlier this week.
I don't know there was even a question abut Mark Kelly being re-elected. He's pretty well regarded even across the board and particularly so once it became clear the Republicans were lying about him wanting to take their precious guns away. Sinema OTOH probably won't make through the primaries, but that's for another day.

As I've said before when folks like to talk about how Arizona leans, watch Maricopa & Pima counties. Unless you win one or both, you ain't winning nothing. Period.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:55 pm

Arizona is fucking nuts. Everybody on the GOP ticket from Senator to SOS is an election denier.

The censorship king from out of state.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:52 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:55 pm
Arizona is fucking nuts. Everybody on the GOP ticket from Senator to SOS is an election denier.
Basically the guy they’ve nominated for Senate, Blake Masters is a terrible candidate backed (and kept afloat) by billionaire tech guy Peter Thiel. He would have absolutely no chance in hell of being the nominee with him and the Trump endorsement. I’d be surprised if it’s within 5.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:53 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:52 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:55 pm
Basically the guy they’ve nominated for Senate, Blake Masters is a terrible candidate backed (and kept afloat) by billionaire tech guy Peter Thiel. He would have absolutely no chance in hell of being the nominee with him and the Trump endorsement. I’d be surprised if it’s within 5.
I googled the guy and it looks like his parents grew up together... under the same roof. It also looks like maybe he was a lacrosse player in his younger years. It's astounding that in a year that Republicans should be taking over both chambers, we're likely going to have to settle for just the House.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:06 pm

That August 13 post aged well!

Nevada was just called for the Dems. It's now official; they will keep control of the Senate.

And, of course, Kelly defeated Masters by about five points in AZ.

I predicted earlier in the thread the Dems would gain two net seats in the Senate, but that was before the Biden douche chill speech in primetime occurred. They still could gain one net seat in the Senate, but regardless of what happens in Georgia, Dems now have the 50 seats they need to retain control.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic