Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

FBI raiding treasonists home

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: FBI raiding treasonists home

Post by bmw » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:55 am

I don't know who to believe at this point. I want to see the receipt of what was taken.

If Trump did indeed take highly sensitive nuclear secrets with himself on his way out the door, why wait over a year and a half to seize them? Because if true, this means that SOMEONE knew about it right after Trump left office. Meaning, either the FBI sat on this information for 19 months, or their informant waited an eternity to report it.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:00 am

The "warrant' will give little information. What we need to see is the affidavit upon which the warrant was issued. THAT will tell a whole bunch.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:10 am

This has certainly escalated to a point of no return. Either Trump or the FBI is in serious trouble depending on exactly what the truth is.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:37 am

The final three paragraphs of today's WSJ editorial on the matter are hard to dispute:
The warrant may shed some light on the reasons for the search, but it will be only one side of the story. Mr. Garland was at pains Thursday to say his department is doing all this by the legal book, and that no one is playing politics. But the AG is clearly trying to deflect anger at Monday’s unprecedented search of a former President’s home without having to elaborate on the legal case he is pursuing.

It’s nice to hear Mr. Garland say he personally signed off on the search. But it’s a little much to hear him lecture the country that it’s beyond the pale to criticize the FBI. After the Russia collusion fraud, the Steele dossier con, the misleading FISA requests for the Carter Page warrants, and the Robert Mueller whitewash of all of that, there are plenty of reasons for Americans to take a don’t-trust-but-verify attitude to the bureau. This isn’t disdain for the rule of law. It’s well-earned skepticism.

By sanctioning the Mar-a-Lago search, Mr. Garland has broken a political norm that has stood for 232 years. He had better have enough evidence to justify it in the end, or he will have unleashed political forces and a legal precedent that Democrats as much as Donald Trump may come to regret.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:10 am

The WSJ editorial and what BMW and Bryce wrote are all perfectly reasonable comments with which I agree.

I'll be the first to say the FBI has dirty hands on certain matters or has shown sheer incompetence at times. Look at how many times they refused to act on tips regarding threatened mass shootings, their refusal to act on the U.S. Gymnastics scandal, the bizarre handling of Hillary's Servergate scandal, etc.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:55 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:00 am
The "warrant' will give little information. What we need to see is the affidavit upon which the warrant was issued. THAT will tell a whole bunch.
If it’s as serious as is being contended the only thing you’ll see on that affidavit “is United States District Court for…”

They DO NOT WITH A CAPITAL NOT reveal that kind of information pertaining to that subject. No way no how. You’re in your 60’s and lived through the Cold War… why the hell do I have to explain the stakes to you? They haven’t changed any from then.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:06 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:55 am
I don't know who to believe at this point. I want to see the receipt of what was taken.

If Trump did indeed take highly sensitive nuclear secrets with himself on his way out the door, why wait over a year and a half to seize them? Because if true, this means that SOMEONE knew about it right after Trump left office. Meaning, either the FBI sat on this information for 19 months, or their informant waited an eternity to report it.
Or they attempted to get the material back conventionally and when he stopped playing ball and went to sell it they pounced. It could be that simple.

There is virtually no chance they raid his house without having the goods.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:24 pm

Just as I'm getting ready to go to the beach, I got this news push from the WSJ:
FBI agents who searched former President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago home Monday removed 11 sets of classified documents, including some marked as top secret and meant to be only available in special government facilities, according to documents reviewed by The Wall Street Journal.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation agents took around 20 boxes of items, binders of photos, a handwritten note and the executive grant of clemency for Mr. Trump’s ally Roger Stone, a list of items removed from the property shows. Also included in the list was information about the “President of France,” according to the three-page list. The list is contained in a seven-page document that also includes the warrant to search the premises which was granted by a federal magistrate judge in Florida.
Seems like information will be hitting fast and heavy today...

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:26 pm

You don't use conventional methods to take back possession of stolen highly sensitive nuclear secrets currently stored on someone else's property. To quote Adam Sandler, "You get your ass out there and you find that fuckin' dog!"

That's why I'm having a hard time buying that anything Trump allegedly stole was particularly sensitive in nature.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:30 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:26 pm
You don't use conventional methods to take back possession of stolen highly sensitive nuclear secrets currently stored on someone else's property. To quote Adam Sandler, "You get your ass out there and you find that fuckin' dog!"

That's why I'm having a hard time buying that anything Trump allegedly stole was particularly sensitive in nature.
They went through negotiations and a subpoena then realized there was still more stuff there is what it looks like. After trying repeatedly to get ALL of it… they had enough of the bullshit and went to go get it.

If there was stuff meant to be stored and available only at a government facility that’s very very bad for him to have. The claim that it may have been accidentally taken doesn’t pass the smell test. Somebody wanted the documents or he thought he could use them as leverage in a private business deal or something is my guess. No matter how much you dislike whatever RINO’s or hate whatever Democrats who have been president… none of them did this shit. NONE.
Last edited by Rate This on Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:30 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:24 pm
Just as I'm getting ready to go to the beach, I got this news push from the WSJ:
FBI agents who searched former President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago home Monday removed 11 sets of classified documents, including some marked as top secret and meant to be only available in special government facilities, according to documents reviewed by The Wall Street Journal.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation agents took around 20 boxes of items, binders of photos, a handwritten note and the executive grant of clemency for Mr. Trump’s ally Roger Stone, a list of items removed from the property shows. Also included in the list was information about the “President of France,” according to the three-page list. The list is contained in a seven-page document that also includes the warrant to search the premises which was granted by a federal magistrate judge in Florida.
NOW things are getting interesting. I wonder what "documents" specifically were reviewed by the WSJ and how they obtained them?
Last edited by bmw on Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:32 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:30 pm
bmw wrote:

They went through negotiations and a subpoena then realized there was still more stuff there is what it looks like. After trying repeatedly to get ALL of it… they had enough of the bullshit and went to go get it.

If there was stuff meant to be stored and available only at a government facility that’s very very bad for him to have.
I think you're missing my point. My suggestion is that "negotiations and a subpoena" aren't how you go about retrieving stolen nuclear secrets. That is far too serious of a matter - and one that if ever there was a justification for an immediate raid, that would be it.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:35 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:32 pm
Rate This wrote:
bmw wrote:

If there was stuff meant to be stored and available only at a government facility that’s very very bad for him to have.
I think you're missing my point. My suggestion is that "negotiations and a subpoena" aren't how you go about retrieving stolen nuclear secrets. That is far too serious of a matter - and one that if ever there was a justification for an immediate raid, that would be it.
The question would be whether they realized they were missing originally or figured it out later.. the government has more documents than your average bookshelf…

It sounds like the WSJ obtained an itemized list of what was collected probably through a leak. I figured they would leak it in case Trump objected. Whatever was specifically Top Secret we may never know… it’s top secret after all.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:37 pm

But Trump has already said earlier that he has no problem with these documents being made public. Which is interesting because at least on the surface, this looks pretty damaging. So is Trump going to mount a defense of "those top secret documents were planted" or is he just going to claim, knowing that we'll never see the secret documents, that nothing in that set of docs was nuclear in nature?

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:39 pm

bmw wrote:
Matt wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:24 pm

NOW things are getting interesting. I wonder what "documents" specifically were reviewed by the WSJ and how they obtained them?
The third paragraph should have also been included initially:
The list includes references to one set of documents marked as “Various classified/TS/SCI documents,” an abbreviation that refers to top-secret/sensitive compartmented information. It also says agents collected four sets of top secret documents, three sets of secret documents, and three sets of confidential documents. The list didn’t provide any more details about the substance of the documents.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic