Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

FBI raiding treasonists home

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Re: FBI raiding treasonists home

Post by Bryce » Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:26 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:22 pm
But to defend a man that has lied to us again and again and again and again.....is Einsteins definition of insanity.
Then both of Biden's press secretaries and most of the main stream media are insane. Can't have it both ways.

And....

Some of us are defending the Constitution here (nod to the beemer)as well as settled procedure and law.

Wanna talk insane? Someone linking a bunch of documents double locked in storage and selling nuclear secrets to the Russian's? That takes a fertile mind indeed, or the intellect of a short order cook at Waffle House on the midnight shift.

Betcha the Biden family has received a WHOLE bunch more money from Russian's and Chinese than Trump ever has.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

HD74

Post by HD74 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:44 pm

Please seek treatment, it’s OK.

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:52 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:26 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:22 pm
But to defend a man that has lied to us again and again and again and again.....is Einsteins definition of insanity.
Then both of Biden's press secretaries and most of the main stream media are insane. Can't have it both ways.

And....

Some of us are defending the Constitution here (nod to the beemer)as well as settled procedure and law.

Wanna talk insane? Someone linking a bunch of documents double locked in storage and selling nuclear secrets to the Russian's? That takes a fertile mind indeed. Betcha the Biden family has received a WHOLE bunch more money from Russian's than Trump ever has.

I didn't defend the Constitution?!? Reread my comment and site where I did not. It's the one that starts with, "Everybody is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law". Go ahead...I'll wait.....

But in the meantime, I also am defending common sense. You Trumpers have bent over for over five years and are still saying, "Thank you sir, may I have another?" And we're insane?!?

The censorship king from out of state.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:12 am

One, Never said Dump shouldn't or wouldn't have his day in court. Two, I said that the link is likely that he would sell such documents to the Russians. That's why the files and investigation is needed. Three, anyone who defends or deflects from the involvement of the former president in January 6th is no friend of the law.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:38 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:12 am
One, Never said Dump shouldn't or wouldn't have his day in court. Two, I said that the link is likely that he would sell such documents to the Russians. That's why the files and investigation is needed. Three, anyone who defends or deflects from the involvement of the former president in January 6th is no friend of the law.
Do you think it's funny when you say "Dump"?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:30 am

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:52 pm

I didn't defend the Constitution?!? Reread my comment and site where I did not. It's the one that starts with, "Everybody is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law". Go ahead...I'll wait.....
That's one part of the COTUS, protections against unreasonable search and seizure is another.

Wondering if some of the current day agents are like old J. Edgar and rummaged around in Melania's closet so they could try on some of her underwear? I doubt that's where they kept the nuclear secrets they were going to sell to Russia.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:53 am

Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:09 pm
bmw wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:03 pm
Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:01 pm
I think it's hilarious that all of these law and order Trump worshipers suddenly hate the FBI. Back the blue, but only when it suits you.
You're clearly in the majority whom the FBI pre-determined wouldn't care if Trump's Constitutional rights were violated or not.
He fucking stole nuclear secrets! Give it up, your turd is cooked.
If they were really important nuclear secrets why did the FBI wait 18 months to retrieve them?? If this was that big of a deal, they should have been there sometime in Jan 2021 picking up boxes, not waiting till mid-2022 to get down there!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:39 pm

Supposedly, they were unaware of the potential existence of such files until an "informant" tipped them off in late June.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:08 pm

And from what I've read - this "informant" gave the FBI pretty specific information as to what these documents were and where they were stored. Which if true, makes the search warrant unconstitutional as it allowed them to search areas and seize documents way beyond the scope of whatever probable cause was established by the informant. I'll wait to make final judgment on this until if and when we see the affidavit, but it sure looks like at this point that what the judge authorized was a broad fishing expedition way outside the bounds of the 4th Amendment.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:39 pm

There is a reason the department of Justice is opposing the release of the warrant affidavit. Dollars to donuts it's not the reason they're giving.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:18 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:39 pm
There is a reason the department of Justice is opposing the release of the warrant affidavit. Dollars to donuts it's not the reason they're giving.
File this action under additional shady shit. Thank God that hack didn't get seated on the SCOTUS.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:28 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:39 pm
So, please refresh our memory, what specifically did the DOJ offer as a reason to withhold the document release?

If it was to not compromise the case as it develops, that seems reasonable as does, more importantly, the indications that witnesses' and informant's safety would be compromised if their names were released at this time.

Would that be the dollars or the donuts?

[EDIT: News just broke. Well how about that?

"Justice Department lawyers on Monday asked the judge who approved the search warrant for former President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort to keep the accompanying affidavit under seal, citing a need to protect witnesses and the ongoing investigation."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justic ... -rcna43223]
Last edited by Lester The Nightfly on Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:45 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:39 pm
Supposedly, they were unaware of the potential existence of such files until an "informant" tipped them off in late June.
Bingo. They then had to jump through the hoops of getting a judge to sign off on the warrant for the search.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:00 pm

Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:45 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:39 pm
Bingo. They then had to jump through the hoops of getting a judge to sign off on the warrant for the search.
There were zero hoops. 100% access was granted.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:17 pm

Can't they just redact the names?

And back to the search warrant itself, here is the language of the 4th Amendment:
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
There's a key phrase here - "particularly describing." That warrant didn't particularly describe anything. It gave the FBI full access to any and all government records during Trump's entire term as President, full access to any documents simply in the same storage container as classified documents, and gave them full access to Trump's entire residential property. That's not with particularity; rather, that's exactly the kind of search our founders sought to prevent. And you can bet that the real reason the affidavit won't be released is because it didn't support probable cause to cover the extent of the warrant or the raid as it was conducted.

I'm sorry, but the more times I read over that warrant, the more pissed off I get over this gross abuse of power. Trump and Melania should jointly sue the federal government for this violation.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic