Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

FBI raiding treasonists home

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Re: FBI raiding treasonists home

Post by Matt » Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:42 am

bmw wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:29 am
It is the FBI being over-zealous that is going to cost them being able to successfully prosecute Trump for anything.
They don't care. That was apparent when the warrant was approved for ANY document created during his presidency. Rule of law doesn't matter when you don't like the guy you are targeting.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:55 am

Yeah, I've read the warrant. And having been through court procedure twice before myself, I can say with near certainty that if you were involved in a civil dispute and made a discovery request for:
All physical documents and records constituting evidence, contraband, fruits of crime, or other items illegally possessed in violation of 18 U.S.C. §§ 793, 2071 , or 1519, including...Any government and/or Presidential Records created between January 20, 2017, and January 20, 2021
Such a request would be objected to and any motion to compel would be denied on the grounds that the request is overbroad and constitutes a fishing expedition. Search warrants in criminal investigations are no different. That particular request was very overbroad and should have been denied by the judge who authorized the warrant. Based on everything I've read thus far, there are serious 4th Amendment concerns here, and I wouldn't be surprised if Trump sues the Justice Department, and that could play out in court for years.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:01 pm

I think it's hilarious that all of these law and order Trump worshipers suddenly hate the FBI. Back the blue, but only when it suits you.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:03 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:01 pm
I think it's hilarious that all of these law and order Trump worshipers suddenly hate the FBI. Back the blue, but only when it suits you.
You're clearly in the majority whom the FBI pre-determined wouldn't care if Trump's Constitutional rights were violated or not.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:05 pm

No one on here has said that. Why are you spouting off?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:08 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:05 pm
Another idiot played suicide by Capitol police today or did you miss that?

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:09 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:03 pm
You're clearly in the majority whom the FBI pre-determined wouldn't care if Trump's Constitutional rights were violated or not.
He fucking stole nuclear secrets! Give it up, your turd is cooked.

Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:26 pm

Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:09 pm
bmw wrote:
No one in this thread has cleared Trump by any means. I'm more alarmed that you are not condemning the overreaching request in the warrant of ALL presidential documents. THAT is atrocious.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:27 pm

Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:08 pm
Matt wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:05 pm
Another idiot played suicide by Capitol police today or did you miss that?
The guy shit himself. There are mental patients on all sides.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:30 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:26 pm
bmw wrote:
No one in this thread has cleared Trump by any means. I'm more alarmed that you are not condemning the overreaching request in the warrant of ALL presidential documents. THAT is atrocious.
Beemer and Bryce are still solid supporters and already condemning the FBI, and you sound just the same. The FBI needs to know whether Dump sold secrets to the Russians or who knows who else. This is a worthy investigation, believe me.

Audacity sucks.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:31 pm

Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:30 pm
Beemer and Bryce are still solid supporters and already condemning the FBI, and you sound just the same. The FBI needs to know whether Dump sold secrets to the Russians or who knows who else. This is a worthy investigation, believe me.
Be careful what assumptions you make. I fought the cops (pro-se at that) for 7 years in federal court.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:40 pm

You're illustrating my point perfectly. The FBI pre-calculated that a large number of people don't give a shit about Trump's constitutional rights. What you're ignoring is the dangerous precedents they're setting in regards to former presidents in general.

I've kept an open mind on this since news of the raid broke. I still have unanswered questions - the big one right now is what was in the affidavit used to get the search warrant? IMO the Judge authorizing the broad search he did borders on judicial misconduct. If the FBI had an informant who allegedly knew specific documents that Trump had and the specific locations they were in, the warrant should have been limited in scope to that. Instead, what the judge signed off on was not only each and every government document created during Trump's entire presidency, but even the contents of any box that contained a classified document in it. So let's say Trump had a box of love letters to who knows who, and on the top of that box was a single classified document. Per the warrant, the FBI could take the entire box.

This raid was a massive invasion of privacy.

I mean, holy shit, can you imagine the media's reaction if Trump's FBI had authorized a raid of Obama's house and they had searched through Michelle's wardrobe?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:54 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:40 pm
You're illustrating my point perfectly. The FBI pre-calculated that a large number of people don't give a shit about Trump's constitutional rights. What you're ignoring is the dangerous precedents they're setting in regards to former presidents in general.

I've kept an open mind on this since news of the raid broke. I still have unanswered questions - the big one right now is what was in the affidavit used to get the search warrant? IMO the Judge authorizing the broad search he did borders on judicial misconduct. If the FBI had an informant who allegedly knew specific documents that Trump had and the specific locations they were in, the warrant should have been limited in scope to that. Instead, what the judge signed off on was not only each and every government document created during Trump's entire presidency, but even the contents of any box that contained a classified document in it. So let's say Trump had a box of love letters to who knows who, and on the top of that box was a single classified document. Per the warrant, the FBI could take the entire box.

I mean, holy shit, can you imagine the media's reaction if Trump's FBI had authorized a raid of Obama's house and they had searched through Michelle's wardrobe?
I was just thinking the same thing in reverse. You and your insurrectionist friends would hang Obama if he stole nuclear documents. You would hunt him down like a dog, and you know it!

Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:02 pm

Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:54 pm
bmw wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:40 pm

I was just thinking the same thing in reverse. You and your insurrectionist friends would hang Obama if he stole nuclear documents. You would hunt him down like a dog, and you know it!
There is no indication Trump "stole" nuclear documents. Also, it is very unfair to label bmw as an "insurrectionist".

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:22 pm

Everybody is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. If the Justice Department has the evidence, indict him and take him to trial. This is the foundation of our legal system. Donald Trump, like every American has that right.

Mibuzzboard and social media is different though. We make claims and base opinions on what we perceive to be true. What I see is that Donald Trump basically lies about everything. He will say or do anything that is in his, and only his, best interest. People only plead the fifth that are guilty....until he pleads the fifth 450 times in a deposition. He hardly knew Cassidy Hutchinson.....despite she worked 50 feet from him for months. His inauguration had more attendees than Obamas.....despite pictures that clearly show differently. The election was stolen. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Why any thinking individual would give him the benefit of the doubt in this case boggles my mind. Should we wait until the evidence comes out to convict him? Absolutely. But to defend a man that has lied to us again and again and again and again.....is Einsteins definition of insanity.

The censorship king from out of state.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic