Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

FBI raiding treasonists home

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: FBI raiding treasonists home

Post by Rate This » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:37 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:19 pm
I won't 4th it only because RT suggested that my legal view on this came directly from Trump himself rather than from my own independent inquiry.
Ouch.. could you be more specific? I believe my point was more repeating some very consistent talking points I had literally seen on FOX the night before.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:58 pm

More specific? I made the case that Trump's 4th Amendment rights were violated and part of your response was "Nobody’s 4th amendment anything was violated. He’s conning you again." I took this as a bit of an insult and an insinuation that I was doing nothing more than repeating Trump's talking points when in reality, my legal arguments in this thread were based purely on my own experience (again, I would wager I have more first-hand legal experience with the 4th Amendment than anybody else in this forum) and legal research on the matter and nothing that came out of Trump's mouth or any Fox News analyst.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:10 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:58 pm
More specific? I made the case that Trump's 4th Amendment rights were violated and part of your response was "Nobody’s 4th amendment anything was violated. He’s conning you again." I took this as a bit of an insult and an insinuation that I was doing nothing more than repeating Trump's talking points when in reality, my legal arguments in this thread were based purely on my own experience (again, I would wager I have more first-hand legal experience with the 4th Amendment than anybody else in this forum) and legal research on the matter and nothing that came out of Trump's mouth or any Fox News analyst.
The I will do something not done often enough around here... I stand corrected. Sorry.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:47 pm

bmw wrote:
I won't 4th it only because RT suggested that my legal view on this came directly from Trump himself rather than from my own independent delusion.
Fixed it.

Bus people are great. For example, I own several.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:11 am

Rate This wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:10 pm
The I will do something not done often enough around here... I stand corrected. Sorry.
No worries - I was giving you a hard time more than anything :wink: In all fairness, it is difficult to know when reading posts in an internet forum what the source of one's opinion is. Every opinion I ever state in here is always 100% my own, and if any given opinion happens to closely align with those of various talking heads, it just means I independently reached the same conclusions they did.

And I try to be fair. In this instance, for example, I think most pundits on the right are going too far out of their way to defend Trump's possession of these documents, as if that is somehow a giant red herring. Even if you believe the raid was unjustified, that doesn't somehow make Trump possessing this stuff ok. Depending on exactly what the documents are, it may or may not be that big of a deal, but to just take the position right out of the gate that you don't care what documents are in Trump's possession is indeed showing of bias.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:14 am

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:47 pm
bmw wrote:
I won't 4th it only because RT suggested that my legal view on this came directly from Trump himself rather than from my own independent delusion.
Fixed it.

You own them? As in slaves?

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:38 am

km1125 wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:14 am
TC Talks wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:47 pm
bmw wrote:
Fixed it.

You own them? As in slaves?
Beat me to it! I was going to say his ancestors said that about (as they called them) "the blacks."

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:37 pm

That's exactly how it was written

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:41 pm

Trump has called for a special master to look over all documents taken when the FBI serve their search warrant in Florida.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:07 pm

zzand wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:41 pm
Trump has called for a special master to look over all documents taken when the FBI serve their search warrant in Florida.
So what special master are you gonna find that can review Top Secret / SCI stuff?

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:10 pm

Under the circumstances, that should absolutely be granted. I'm not sure it will, but the situation calls for it.

To answer RT"s just-posted question - there are 1.3 million people with such a clearance. Shouldn't be difficult.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:16 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:10 pm
Under the circumstances, that should absolutely be granted. I'm not sure it will, but the situation calls for it.

To answer RT"s just-posted question - there are 1.3 million people with such a clearance. Shouldn't be difficult.
That’s an awful lot of people to fit in a secure room.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:10 pm

Say what you will, this guy is a first rate tool and treasonous. Anyone who supports law and order should be troubled by him... He has broken espionage and removal of national security records laws.
Of the 15 boxes Trump staffers returned to government possession in January, 14 contained super-secret information. “A preliminary triage of the documents with classification markings revealed the following approximate numbers: 184 unique documents bearing classification markings, including 67 documents marked as CONFIDENTIAL, 92 documents marked as SECRET, and 25 documents marked as TOP SECRET.” The preliminary review, conducted in May, found additional markings such as “HCS, FISA, ORCON, NOFORN, and SI.” These notations relate to national security secrets — one, HCS, indicates a category of highly classified government information; another refers to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court — including human and signals intelligence.

― Noam Chomsky

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:16 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:10 pm
Say what you will, this guy is a first rate tool and treasonous. Anyone who supports law and order should be troubled by him... He has broken espionage and removal of national security records laws.
Of the 15 boxes Trump staffers returned to government possession in January, 14 contained super-secret information. “A preliminary triage of the documents with classification markings revealed the following approximate numbers: 184 unique documents bearing classification markings, including 67 documents marked as CONFIDENTIAL, 92 documents marked as SECRET, and 25 documents marked as TOP SECRET.” The preliminary review, conducted in May, found additional markings such as “HCS, FISA, ORCON, NOFORN, and SI.” These notations relate to national security secrets — one, HCS, indicates a category of highly classified government information; another refers to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court — including human and signals intelligence.
A document bearing classification markings is completely different than a classified document. I'm to understand ignorant people typically live happier lives. You must live in pure bliss with the buss people you own massa.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:27 pm

So you know better than law enforcement who protect our state secrets, and the judge who presided over the search warrant?

I didn't realize we were in the presence of such wisdom. Of course, you're completely off base and ignorant, but I don't want to ruffle your craw.

― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic