Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

FBI raiding treasonists home

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: FBI raiding treasonists home

Post by Rate This » Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:22 pm

The claim about privileged documents being taken, my rights were violated blah blah blah is just another thing Trump is throwing at the wall and hoping it sticks. The FBI has a team of people going through the documents and sorting them out, examining exactly what goes where and how it’s classified. If anything “privileged” got in there it’ll be returned. The trouble is that Trump will try to argue as he has before that 100% of EVERYTHING is privlidged. No cigar Donny.

As for suing the government… they were specific about what they were looking for… it wasn’t birthday cards or calendars or well wishes. It was government documents. That’s a specific thing. The entire issue is him having a bunch of different GOVERNMENT DOCUMENTS. Get over yourself. Nobody’s 4th amendment anything was violated. He’s conning you again.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:54 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:00 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:45 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:39 pm
Supposedly, they were unaware of the potential existence of such files until an "informant" tipped them off in late June.
Bingo. They then had to jump through the hoops of getting a judge to sign off on the warrant for the search.
There were zero hoops. 100% access was granted.
Going to the judge with enough info for him or her to sign is a hoop! This is not a 4th amendment issue. This is a national security issue. I thought most CONS believed in the Patriot Act? Really, that’s what is being exercised here.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:10 pm

Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:54 pm
Matt wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:00 pm
Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:45 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:39 pm
Supposedly, they were unaware of the potential existence of such files until an "informant" tipped them off in late June.
Bingo. They then had to jump through the hoops of getting a judge to sign off on the warrant for the search.
There were zero hoops. 100% access was granted.
Going to the judge with enough info for him or her to sign is a hoop! This is not a 4th amendment issue. This is a national security issue. I thought most CONS believed in the Patriot Act? Really, that’s what is being exercised here.
For some reason they think they get to know the Top Secret / SCA stuff as if it’s public record or something. There’s a disconnect and failure to grasp the gravity of the information here. Must not be espionage movie fans.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:02 am

Matt wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:38 am
Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:12 am
One, Never said Dump shouldn't or wouldn't have his day in court. Two, I said that the link is likely that he would sell such documents to the Russians. That's why the files and investigation is needed. Three, anyone who defends or deflects from the involvement of the former president in January 6th is no friend of the law.
Do you think it's funny when you say "Dump"?
Others star his name out, I prefer to give him a nickname because he takes a shit in every situation.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:43 am

Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:02 am
Matt wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:38 am
Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:12 am
One, Never said Dump shouldn't or wouldn't have his day in court. Two, I said that the link is likely that he would sell such documents to the Russians. That's why the files and investigation is needed. Three, anyone who defends or deflects from the involvement of the former president in January 6th is no friend of the law.
Do you think it's funny when you say "Dump"?
Others star his name out, I prefer to give him a nickname because he takes a shit in every situation.
I'm with Freak on this one.
Giving political and media personalities nicknames, even if they are derogatory, is IMO fair game here on Buzzboard.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:50 am

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:28 pm
Bryce wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:39 pm
There is a reason the department of Justice is opposing the release of the warrant affidavit. Dollars to donuts it's not the reason they're giving.
So, please refresh our memory, what specifically did the DOJ offer as a reason to withhold the document release?

If it was to not compromise the case as it develops, that seems reasonable as does, more importantly, the indications that witnesses' and informant's safety would be compromised if their names were released at this time.

Would that be the dollars or the donuts?

[EDIT: News just broke. Well how about that?

"Justice Department lawyers on Monday asked the judge who approved the search warrant for former President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort to keep the accompanying affidavit under seal, citing a need to protect witnesses and the ongoing investigation."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justic ... -rcna43223]
I'm sure Justice's Kavanaugh and Barrett will be delighted to hear that the DOJ is now worried about peoples safety.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:08 am

Rate This wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:22 pm
As for suing the government… they were specific about what they were looking for… it wasn’t birthday cards or calendars or well wishes. It was government documents. That’s a specific thing. The entire issue is him having a bunch of different GOVERNMENT DOCUMENTS. Get over yourself. Nobody’s 4th amendment anything was violated. He’s conning you again.
My opinion on this is independent of anything Trump has had to say. Go read some case law on the matter. The search must be limited in scope to items to which there is probable cause to believe a crime was committed and the seizure is limited to only documents that pertain to the alleged crime. What is still lacking here is both the affidavit (so we don't know exactly what the probable cause was based on) as well as specificity in the receipt of items taken. Generalized searches and seizures are unconstitutional. And given the volume of documents the FBI left with, I have a hard time believing that every document they took constitutes evidence of espionage.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:14 am

bmw wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:08 am
Rate This wrote:
My opinion on this is independent of anything Trump has had to say. Go read some case law on the matter. The search must be limited in scope to items to which there is probable cause to believe a crime was committed and the seizure is limited to only documents that pertain to the alleged crime. What is still lacking here is both the affidavit (so we don't know exactly what the probable cause was based on) as well as specificity in the receipt of items taken. Generalized searches and seizures are unconstitutional. And given the volume of documents the FBI left with, I have a hard time believing that every document they took constitutes evidence of espionage.
Espionage / mishandling government documents and I forget the third one. Keep in mind there are three crimes at play and Trump had his lawyer sign off that THERE WERE NO CLASSIFIED DOCUMENTS REMANNING THERE a few months ago. Obstruction that’s the other one. Then they got tipped off that they were obstructed, Top Secret / SCI was there and he still had other government documents he wasn’t entitled to keep. So they knew what they were going after. You aren’t going to see an affidavit given the nature of the information and the ongoing investigation. That’s standard operating procedure. The FBI doesn’t release this kind of information doesn’t matter the target. “We don’t comment on pending investigations” must be auto filled in press statements by now. It’s boilerplate. Don’t you pay attention to every news report talking about the FBI investigating something?

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:37 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:17 pm
Can't they just redact the names?
Looks like redaction is what is going to happen.
The judge gave prosecutors one week to file their proposed redactions to the affidavit – which likely contains a more detailed accounting of the reasons behind last week's Mar-a-Lago search — and said he will make a decision after that.

Reinhart said once the proposed redactions have been submitted and he's reviewed them, "I will issue a judgment accordingly," he told the court. He added that he may have revisions to propose to the government, too. "I may agree with the government, and we may be done. I may not agree."

He also told the court that in deciding to sign the warrant to search Mar-a-Lago, "All the information that the court relied upon is in the affidavit."
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/judge-trum ... -unsealed/

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:34 pm

bmw wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Whenever I need legal advice, or have a question on constitutional law, the bus garage is my first stop. :rolleyes

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:37 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:34 pm
bmw wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Whenever I need legal advice, or have a question on constitutional law, the bus garage is my first stop. :rolleyes
Fuck you. RT has proved himself beyond knowledgeable on many subjects. You wanna disagree with him, fine. Insulting what he does for a living....go to hell.

The censorship king from out of state.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:56 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:37 pm
Colonel Flagg wrote:
bmw wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Fuck you. RT has proved himself beyond knowledgeable on many subjects. You wanna disagree with him, fine. Insulting what he does for a living....go to hell.
Agreed.

Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:31 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Colonel Flagg wrote:
bmw wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Thanks guys. I appreciate it.

Couple thoughts… many people (not me) come from a variety of jobs and drive as a second career and that includes cops and lawyers and all kinds of folks. So it may not be a terrible place to go. Some very interesting people with interesting things to contribute.

More importantly I read several opinions on the matter and formed the basis for my statement on those opinions plus my own take on my understanding of the situation. I don’t live under a rock or on a bus.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:09 pm

Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:56 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Has tasted Trump wrote:
bmw wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Agreed.
I'll third this even though his politics are not great and his view of attractive women is very puzzling.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:19 pm

I won't 4th it only because RT suggested that my legal view on this came directly from Trump himself rather than from my own independent inquiry.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic