Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

FBI raiding treasonists home

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 15846

Re: FBI raiding treasonists home

Post by Deleted User 15846 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:06 am

The Onion peels away even more.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:21 am

Hearing some chatter through several veteran friends that their righty friends have started with their rebellion plans. Buckle up, folks. I fully expect the right terrorists are amping up.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:36 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:21 am
Hearing some chatter through several veteran friends that their righty friends have started with their rebellion plans. Buckle up, folks. I fully expect the right terrorists are amping up.
I'll get the popcorn going... Maybe this time they'll be shot in the head like they should have the last time they attacked democracy.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:13 am

Matt wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:38 pm
It is an unprecedented action, so there better have been a damn good reason...
Agreed. And I would add that they had better have found some damn good stuff. If the raid doesn't produce classified documents, the release of which would otherwise clearly harm national security in some way, there's going to be severe political blowback for this.

White House claims it was not forewarned this was coming. I call BS on that claim. No way they didn't know.

Timing seems suspicious too. This apparently goes back to January of this year when a deal was worked out with Trump to return some presidential records that he allegedly took. My suspicion is that the FBI has been sitting on this since some time shortly after January, waiting to see how the Jan 6 stuff played out, and now that the Jan 6 shitstorm has mostly fizzled out, along with Trump considering running again, this was apparently the perfect time politically to conduct the raid.

Bottom line - if we don't get answers REAL SOON on specifically why the FBI was there and specifically what they found during the raid, this is not going to be a good look for the FBI and may end up being an early "October surprise" that I predict will help Republicans.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:30 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:16 pm

Are you insinuating that Biden ordered this? The FBI operates independently of Biden. And if not, then I would agree with you.
:lol:
Sorry, this is funny. How soon they forget.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:33 am

To state the obvious the head of the FBI was a Trump appointment.

I no longer directly engage trolls

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:37 am

I'm feeling deja vu. It reminds me of the news of Comey's FBI revisiting a case against Hillary Clinton and her emails (that later turned into nothing criminal) so soon before the election, and DJT ran with that and repeatedly said "why would we want a president who is being investigated by the FBI?" Although I don't buy that the FBI is doing dirty work for democrats or the White House, I really don't feel bad for DJT. He made his own bed.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:39 am

It is no coincidence that this raid was conducted exactly 91 days before the midterm elections. Ever heard of the 90-day rule of forbearance?
Simply put, politics must play no role in the decisions of federal investigators or prosecutors regarding any investigations or criminal charges. Law enforcement officers and prosecutors may never select the timing of investigative steps or criminal charges for the purpose of affecting any election, or for the purpose of giving an advantage or disadvantage to any candidate or political party. Such a purpose is inconsistent with the Department's mission and with the Principles of Federal Prosecution
Translation: It is a long-standing rule at the Justice Department that you don't take investigative actions within 90 days of an election that may have an impact on that election. And right now, if you count the days between yesterday's raid and Election Day (Nov 8 ), you will count 91 days. Not a coincidence, IMO.

https://www.justsecurity.org/72243/bill ... -election/

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:21 am

bmw wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:39 am
It is no coincidence that this raid was conducted exactly 91 days before the midterm elections. Ever heard of the 90-day rule of forbearance?
Simply put, politics must play no role in the decisions of federal investigators or prosecutors regarding any investigations or criminal charges. Law enforcement officers and prosecutors may never select the timing of investigative steps or criminal charges for the purpose of affecting any election, or for the purpose of giving an advantage or disadvantage to any candidate or political party. Such a purpose is inconsistent with the Department's mission and with the Principles of Federal Prosecution
Translation: It is a long-standing rule at the Justice Department that you don't take investigative actions within 90 days of an election that may have an impact on that election. And right now, if you count the days between yesterday's raid and Election Day (Nov 8 ), you will count 91 days. Not a coincidence, IMO.

Or the Justice Department had repeatedly asked for the documents and were refused multiple times and then acted in accordance with this "long-standing rule".

The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:35 am

Honeyman wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:21 am
Or the Justice Department had repeatedly asked for the documents and were refused multiple times and then acted in accordance with this "long-standing rule".
That's possible, but I'd like to see evidence that this was the case.

I think it is more likely a convenient way that they can NOW use the 90-day rule to not actually have to disclose any of their findings before the midterms. Because my best guess is that whatever they found was relatively petty stuff.

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:47 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:13 am
Matt wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:38 pm
It is an unprecedented action, so there better have been a damn good reason...
.... White House claims it was not forewarned this was coming. I call BS on that claim. No way they didn't know ....
Well, would it of been a good idea to brief the White House?

Maybe Mr. Trump has a friend or two working at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue that would of dropped a dime. Maybe not everyone working for our current president thinks our former president is a looney. And maybe our Bureau of Investigation knows that.

georgetownt

Post by georgetownt » Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:39 pm

Wow... Thought Watergate was a big deal... was a child then but wow... Steele Dossier didn't learn a lesson that it was a setup.... 2 impeachments nothing came from it... Mueller hearing nothing came from it... Remember the Clinton claims of abuse of power Trump beat Hillary and this is the consequences...

Nobody bothered by this missuse of government powers? Rule of law no longer sacred? 87,000 additional IRS agents not troublesome? Tax code should be 1 paragraph and we should all know what are tax is on Dec 31 202x. Way too much government and their missuse of power is troublesome.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:53 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:35 am
Honeyman wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:21 am
Because my best guess is that whatever they found was relatively petty stuff.
Hard to say. You know he took something classified home with him. He thinks it's his privilege since he believes he's above the law. He probably doesn't even know what is classified or not. This is a man who let Russians into the oval office and started blabbing.

The censorship king from out of state.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:16 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:39 am

That rule applies if there is a candidate in the race. He isn’t in the race. He’s a loser who won’t shut up. You can’t have him hide behind that rule forever. No Trump supporters will ever abandon him. You have nothing to fear. Folks have made up their minds on the guy by now.

That said… I don’t think the Biden Administration knew anything about this… the order for the warrant was signed off on by a judge. He’s also got the 1/6 stuff (hearings resume in the fall), Fanni Willis in Georgia will have no qualms about indicting anybody who ran afoul of the law down there and the stuff going on in New York State. He’s legally exposed on so many levels Al Capone is jealous. It’s self inflicted. Most people are not so careless and plain stupid as Trump.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:15 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:33 am
To state the obvious the head of the FBI was a Trump appointment.
And a Deputy Attorney General under W. Bush.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic