Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

PredictIt (political markets betting place) being shut down by the CFTC

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

PredictIt (political markets betting place) being shut down by the CFTC

Post by bmw » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:36 am

I'm kinda pissed about this since I'm pretty good at making money at betting on politics. The CFTC has given PredictIt until February of next year to liquidate all of its political markets.

https://www.predictit.org/platform-announcements

Honeyman

Re: PredictIt (political markets betting place) being shut down by the CFTC

Post by Honeyman » Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:23 pm

Probably because of all the stolen elections that have taken place.

The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:55 pm

There's rumors of corruption at the CFTC. Apparently a past commissioner is now part-owner or somehow involved with a competitor to PI called Kalshi. Kalshi only recently received full CFTC approval to operate political markets and now they're using their lobbying power and connections to the CFTC to shut down their competitors. So rumor has it.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:40 am

This whole betting thing has gotten out of control. If I had known my email inbox and mailbox would get assaulted with ads every day, I wouldn’t have voted for it. Elections could be fixed if people had money on the line. Bad enough that we have super PACs and corporations as people.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:08 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:40 am
This whole betting thing has gotten out of control. If I had known my email inbox and mailbox would get assaulted with ads every day, I wouldn’t have voted for it. Elections could be fixed if people had money on the line. Bad enough that we have super PACs and corporations as people.
Have you considered the unsubscribe button?

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:11 am

Rate This wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:08 am
That's like plugging 1 hole in a dam that has a hundred holes in it. Once your email is out there, you might as well close it down and start a new account.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:30 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:11 am
Rate This wrote:
That's like plugging 1 hole in a dam that has a hundred holes in it. Once your email is out there, you might as well close it down and start a new account.
Ouch… you got me there…

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:37 am

bmw wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Exactly. Fucking Cigna sold my information.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:38 am

bmw wrote:
.... Once your email is out there, you might as well close it down and start a new account ....
Yes. The beauty of Gmail. I have about 6 active accounts. And have probably had at least a dozen what I will call "junk drawer" Gmail accounts. It's not really hard to manage. All but one share the same password.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic