Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Abortion rights upheld in Kansas

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 15846

Abortion rights upheld in Kansas

Post by Deleted User 15846 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:08 am

https://news.yahoo.com/kansas-abortion- ... 32082.html

In a VERY red state. I mean... Kansas has not sent a Democrat to The Senate since 1932. The last they voted for a Democrat president was 1964. Although the state has elected a few Democrat governors, including the current Governor.

Still, even in red states I believe that the high court killing Roe VS Wade, will come back to sting The GOP.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Abortion rights upheld in Kansas

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:06 am

To me, it gives me a lot of hope. Conservative extremism is not welcome even in the reddest state. Same reason why Soldano and Kelley did so poorly tonight. Bible man just disappeared.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:07 am

Boy, things have really turned upside down in our Country. Conservatives that believe in the COTUS and the rights and protections it affords are "radical." People that support the killing of a viable fetus are "mainstream."

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:10 am

Not even Neanderthals would kill their own offspring.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:17 pm

Mr. Peabody wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:08 am
https://news.yahoo.com/kansas-abortion- ... 32082.html

In a VERY red state. I mean... Kansas has not sent a Democrat to The Senate since 1932. The last they voted for a Democrat president was 1964. Although the state has elected a few Democrat governors, including the current Governor.

Still, even in red states I believe that the high court killing Roe VS Wade, will come back to sting The GOP.
Really quite remarkable.

The two things that stuck me were first, the margin. Very nearly a 60/40 decision. A blowout by any measure. Second, the turnout. Close to a million voters for a primary. Only the 2016 & 2020 presidential year were higher in Kansas and only by some 200,000. (As an aside, turnout was high across the country. Not a particularly good thing if you're a republican)

I may have to rethink all the mean things I've said about Kansas over the years. I guess they still have some ability to astound.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:53 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:07 am
Boy, things have really turned upside down in our Country. Conservatives that believe in the COTUS and the rights and protections it affords are "radical." People that support the killing of a viable fetus are "mainstream."
Upending the status quo and replacing it with a version of history you believe existed but is actually some modern idealistic version with no grounding in how things have played out is indeed radical.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic