Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Can one of you knuckleheads explain this?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
FakeAndyStuart

Can one of you knuckleheads explain this?

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:42 pm

55-42: Senate BLOCKS the House-passed bill expanding access to VA healthcare and disability benefits for veterans exposed to toxins during their military service (PACT Act) from advancing to final passage. 60 votes were needed.

Matt

Re: Can one of you knuckleheads explain this?

Post by Matt » Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:49 pm

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:42 pm
55-42: Senate BLOCKS the House-passed bill expanding access to VA healthcare and disability benefits for veterans exposed to toxins during their military service (PACT Act) from advancing to final passage. 60 votes were needed.
What else was in the bill?

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:56 pm

Valid question. From what I can tell it seems like some disputes about word definitions. The kind of disputes that should be easy to solve since the Senate already passed the bill once.

https://idahocapitalsun.com/2022/07/27/ ... -spending/

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:34 pm

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:56 pm
Valid question. From what I can tell it seems like some disputes about word definitions. The kind of disputes that should be easy to solve since the Senate already passed the bill once.

https://idahocapitalsun.com/2022/07/27/ ... -spending/
I can't explain it. I guess that makes me a knucklehead.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:54 pm

So if I read Andy's link right, some senators want to fund it out of "entitlement" programs like Social Security. And they're still discussing what pork to add that have nothing to do with vets.

Did I read it right?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:20 pm

It should be taken directly from the defense fund. That’s how they got injured in the first place.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:23 pm

Here’s one of my favorite knuckleheads with the explanation.

https://twitter.com/jasonscampbell/stat ... j7UndVa5Pg

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:38 am

In The Bleachers wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:54 pm
So if I read Andy's link right, some senators want to fund it out of "entitlement" programs like Social Security. And they're still discussing what pork to add that have nothing to do with vets.

Did I read it right?
That's the part that I want to know about.

I also want clarification on the difference with problems that "might be associated with" or "caused by".

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:11 am

In The Bleachers wrote:

Did I read it right?
Nope, you read it wrong. The same bill that everyone (but Toomey of PA) voted yes on a few weeks ago was the one they voted no on - and then fist bumped to show their pleasure at being assholes.

https://www.vox.com/2022/7/30/23284976/ ... t-veterans

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:21 am

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:11 am
In The Bleachers wrote:

Did I read it right?
Nope, you read it wrong. The same bill that everyone (but Toomey of PA) voted yes on a few weeks ago was the one they voted no on - and then fist bumped to show their pleasure at being assholes.

https://www.vox.com/2022/7/30/23284976/ ... t-veterans
Several of them went out and started saying how much they supported the bill they VOTED AGAINST after the vote too… that’s a movie we’ve seen several times now. They fool their voters into thinking they supported something they were against.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic