Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

4 other senate races

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 15846

4 other senate races

Post by Deleted User 15846 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:02 pm

Since The Georgia was discussed. I figured why not discuss what's going on with these 2 races, if one can call them that.

PA- Dr.Oz Has has a penchant for quackery and has no real strong ties to the keystone state. Lt.Gov Fetterman is comically capitalizing on this. This is Arlen Specters old seat btw.

OH- No one seems to whereabouts of JD Vance, the GOP candidate for Senate. The man has dropped off the face of the earth and is hiding in the attic or basement. I suppose one should be grateful the nominee isn't the dreadful Josh Mandel.

In a red state, The Democrat Tim Ryan is running on a pro-labor centrist platform and may have an earnest chance of winning. If so, it would mark the first time Ohio had 2 Democrat Senators Since John Glenn and Howard Metzenbaum.

MO- The primary hasn't occurred yet but many in The GOP are on pins and needles over the disgraced former Governor Eric Greitens. I think the man seems to be a major narcissist and has quite a rap sheet. The Democrats have little chance at this seat but if Greitens is the nominee, you never know.

NH- I think Maggie Hassan has this as there isn't going to be a Sununu on the ticket.

I'll leave it at that for now.

Chrocket87

Re: 4 other senate races

Post by Chrocket87 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:22 am

You know, you raise a good point about JD Vance’s lack of campaigning. Perhaps, given how red Ohio has trended in recent years, he’s assuming he’s got it in the bag. But, given his “unhappy marriages” remarks, perhaps he’s choosing to lay low until the media moves on to its next toy.
Thanks for the well stated post. It serves as a reminder that even though the Dems have shit the bed in the last year and a half, it’s still not a gimme for the GOP, thanks to running some pretty lousy candidates.

Deleted User 15846

Post by Deleted User 15846 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:03 am

Chrocket87 wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:22 am
You know, you raise a good point about JD Vance’s lack of campaigning. Perhaps, given how red Ohio has trended in recent years, he’s assuming he’s got it in the bag. But, given his “unhappy marriages” remarks, perhaps he’s choosing to lay low until the media moves on to its next toy.
Thanks for the well stated post. It serves as a reminder that even though the Dems have shit the bed in the last year and a half, it’s still not a gimme for the GOP, thanks to running some pretty lousy candidates.
The very first thing I think of in regards to Mr. Vance is "come out of the basement or your Mums spare bedroom and show yourself" . Indeed we will see if these standard bearers that #45 endorsed will hold there luster or fold like a soaked dixie cup.

Die heel eerste ding waaraan ek dink met betrekking tot mnr. Vance is "kom uit die kelder of jou ma se spaarslaapkamer en wys jouself". Ons sal inderdaad sien of hierdie vaandeldraers wat #45 onderskryf het, daar glans sal hou of vou soos 'n deurweekte dixie-beker.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:03 am

Mr. Peabody wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:02 pm
Since The Georgia was discussed. I figured why not discuss what's going on with these 2 races, if one can call them that.

OH- No one seems to whereabouts of JD Vance, the GOP candidate for Senate. The man has dropped off the face of the earth and is hiding in the attic or basement.
I'll leave it at that for now.
To state the obvious it gets pretty freaking hot in an attic these days. I'd check the basement if I were you. :blink

I no longer directly engage trolls

Deleted User 15846

Post by Deleted User 15846 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:22 am

Perhaps the crawl space, if one doesn't mind spiders.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic