Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Pence security detail called family members to say goodbye on 1/6

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Turkeytop

Re: Pence security detail called family members to say goodbye on 1/6

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:40 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:06 pm

That is an absurd, over the top insinuation.

He tried it once. What if he succeeds next time?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:34 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:55 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:04 pm
to thwart the results of an election that he knew was proper.
I can't say whether Trump believed the election was rigged or not. My gut feeling is that certainly as of January 6th that this was his genuine belief. That's irrelevant though. "To thwart the results of an election." That's where I disagree. To "thwart" means to "prevent (someone) from accomplishing something." I saw nothing in his Jan 6 speech that rose to the level of encouraging his supporters to actually interfere with Congress doing its job. He told them to peacefully and patriotically make their voices be heard. That to me sounds like the definition of a legal protest.
He was told by all his lawyers.....outside of lunatic Guliani.....his AG, his daughter, and scores and scores of others that the election was fair. He knew he lost, he just wouldn't accept it. Yet you give him the benefit of the doubt here and say he really believed it. This is why your claim falls apart. Most of us live in the real world. Sounds like a duck, smells like a duck....it's a duck. Especially for a habitual liar like Donald Trump. Not you. You believe him.

As far as not thwarting the vote, you're simply wrong. Look again at the title of this thread. He told his mob that "Pence should do the right thing" before he sent them to the Capitol, and later tweeted that Pence failed the country in the middle of the riot. Nooses were set up and the mob was calling to " Hang Mike Pence!" Again, all one needs to do is add 2 and 2 to come up with 4 and see what he was trying to do.. For some reason, you refuse to think logically.

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:43 am

Honeyman wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:34 pm
bmw wrote:

Honeyman wrote:
I can't say whether Trump believed the election was rigged or not. My gut feeling is that certainly as of January 6th that this was his genuine belief. That's irrelevant though. "To thwart the results of an election." That's where I disagree. To "thwart" means to "prevent (someone) from accomplishing something." I saw nothing in his Jan 6 speech that rose to the level of encouraging his supporters to actually interfere with Congress doing its job. He told them to peacefully and patriotically make their voices be heard. That to me sounds like the definition of a legal protest.
He was told by all his lawyers.....outside of lunatic Guliani.....his AG, his daughter, and scores and scores of others that the election was fair. He knew he lost, he just wouldn't accept it. Yet you give him the benefit of the doubt here and say he really believed it. This is why your claim falls apart. Most of us live in the real world. Sounds like a duck, smells like a duck....it's a duck. Especially for a habitual liar like Donald Trump. Not you. You believe him.

As far as not thwarting the vote, you're simply wrong. Look again at the title of this thread. He told his mob that "Pence should do the right thing" before he sent them to the Capitol, and later tweeted that Pence failed the country in the middle of the riot. Nooses were set up and the mob was calling to " Hang Mike Pence!" Again, all one needs to do is add 2 and 2 to come up with 4 and see what he was trying to do.. For some reason, you refuse to think logically.
Humility is not a trait that bmw possesses.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:18 am

Does his inactivity disqualify him from future office? That's for everyone to decide.
Yes, it certainly does, in my opinion. I've said from the beginning that his tolerance of the vandalism, security breaches and threats to elected officials that day is by far what troubles me the most about January 6.

Aside from the above, he and his surrogates on and before January 6 were pressuring VP Pence to violate the law (and the 12th amendment of the U.S. Constitution) by not accepting the results of the electoral vote count in Congress.

Finally, Trump and/or his surrogates are possibly guilty of violating numerous state laws by interfering in the electoral processes in each of those respective states. I will let those with much greater grasp of state election law than I determine what crimes, if any, were potentially committed.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:27 am

Matt wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:43 am
Honeyman wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:34 pm
bmw wrote:

Honeyman wrote:

We need not be going after each other. Please.

Let's all vote for DeSantus in the 2024 primary.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:40 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:18 am
Does his inactivity disqualify him from future office? That's for everyone to decide.
Yes, it certainly does, in my opinion. I've said from the beginning that his tolerance of the vandalism, security breaches and threats to elected officials that day is by far what troubles me the most about January 6.
It is nice to see you set forth a standard which disqualifies the vast majority of Democrats from holding future office after their tolerance of the vandalism, security breaches, and threats to elected officials for several months during the summer 2020 riots.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:44 am

Matt wrote:
Being strongly opinionated on certain political topics and posting those opinion on an internet forum is hardly a gauge of one's humility.

And btw - stop taking my views on Jan 6 so seriously. It was you who has said multiple time in here re: Covid that it doesn't matter who is right or wrong. Why is Jan 6 any different? You seem rather hell-bent on convincing others that Trump is unfit for future office.

georgetownt

Post by georgetownt » Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:17 pm

Why didn't Pelosi set up additional security? Think that will be investigated? Come on she didn't know they would be a ton of protesting, US election results being questioned? It was all a set up and mixed in instigators... Didn't 2 impeachments, a dossier and a Robert Mueller hearing prove that they were gonna try to put anything real or not onto Trump... Boy the FBI go from being such a respected law enforcement agency to a joke in a short time... Established career political hack in DC and the media all have so much to lose giving the power back to we the people.

Don't think so try not taking the vax.. What happened to my body my choice?

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:13 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:06 pm
Can somebody please tell me in concise, easy to understand language any of the following:

A - what crime he committed
B - what specific action he took that constituted said crime

and/or...

C - what part of the Constitution he violated
D - what specific action he took that violated the Constitution

If he's guilty as charged, these should be easy questions to answer. But you all seem to be struggling mightily.
A congressional hearing isn't a court of law charging crimes. It's an attempt at "fact finding" . If the results of the hearing suggest a crime then it's turned over to the DOJ.

I no longer directly engage trolls

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:19 pm

January 6.
It is nice to see you set forth a standard which disqualifies the vast majority of Democrats from holding future office after their tolerance of the vandalism, security breaches, and threats to elected officials for several months during the summer 2020 riots.
Any politician who advocates for defunding the police or abolishing ICE would never receive my vote.

I agree with Georgetownt that the FBI is a joke.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:51 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:44 am
Matt wrote:
Being strongly opinionated on certain political topics and posting those opinion on an internet forum is hardly a gauge of one's humility.

And btw - stop taking my views on Jan 6 so seriously. It was you who has said multiple time in here re: Covid that it doesn't matter who is right or wrong. Why is Jan 6 any different? You seem rather hell-bent on convincing others that Trump is unfit for future office.
The lack of humility is specifically related to the two items you mentioned. EVERYONE has been wrong on covid to some degree, so there is no shame in admitting you were wrong. I will admit that the anti-vax demonization hurt more than it helped.

As to 1/6, I'm not one to think that democracy was at stake by any means, but I do think that Donald Trump's conduct on and around that day were unforgivable. There is more than enough blame to go around, but ultimately the buck stops at the top. Donald Trump should not have the continued influence he has.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:56 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:51 pm
Donald Trump should not have the continued influence he has.
Good luck changing that. Not gonna happen. 70% of Republicans still to this day believe the 2020 election was rigged and that Trump actually won. Until you figure out how to convince those people otherwise, Trump will continue to have the influence he has. That's why Jan 6 isn't moving the needle. I've tried to convince others that Biden won fair and square. I haven't succeeded at changing anyone's mind.

So you tell me Matt - how do you separate Trump's supporters from Trump? I don't think it is possible. I've been quite clear on 3 things:

1 - It is my belief that Biden won the election fair and square
2 - Trump is not my first choice for 2024
3 - If Trump IS the nominee, I will vote for him regardless of who the Dems put up.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:03 am

bmw wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:56 pm
Matt wrote:
Good luck changing that. Not gonna happen. 70% of Republicans still to this day believe the 2020 election was rigged and that Trump actually won. Until you figure out how to convince those people otherwise, Trump will continue to have the influence he has. That's why Jan 6 isn't moving the needle. I've tried to convince others that Biden won fair and square. I haven't succeeded at changing anyone's mind.

So you tell me Matt - how do you separate Trump's supporters from Trump? I don't think it is possible. I've been quite clear on 3 things:

3 - If Trump IS the nominee, I will vote for him regardless of who the Dems put up.
Trump cost the Republicans control of the Senate in 2020, and he's costing Republicans in primary fights because they weren't "loyal" to him. I personally hope like hell that Peter Meijer hangs onto his seat next week. I don't think that Trump is a serious person, and I don't see how serious people would ever agree to work in a hypothetical second administration. If people recognized these obvious facts, they would be cutting ties to Trump in droves.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:41 am

bmw wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:56 pm
Matt wrote:

We all know there were nefarious things going on in the 2020 election, they just might not rise to the point of illegal or criminal activities and may or may not have been a deciding factor in the POTUS race. It's been happening for several election cycles and 2020 (so far) was a peak. Probably will get worse unless something is changed and I do think that is a risk to the country as we know it. Rinke's "dead voter" ads were an embarrassment and probably cost him more voters than it gained him, but he could be sending a clear message that it's important that we fix the election processes.

Cleaning and disinfecting the election process would be a great step towards convincing folks that it's a legitimate thing.

We should STOP the processes of the government endorsing political parties. There should be NO grouping or identification of political parties on ballots. NONE. Eliminate 'straight ticket' voting. List the candidates for office, and if the candidate list exceeds "X" number, then have a primary to whittle the number down to a manageable amount. That's just ONE step but a big one to start cleaning up the mess. Too many people say they "hate the two party system", but yet we have officially been endorsing it within our election processes.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic