Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Exodus - CA Style

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Exodus - CA Style

Post by audiophile » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:39 pm

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/articl ... ar-AAZInzA

I heard this last week from someone in the south, that CA folks are buying houses unseen for inflated asking prices.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Honeyman

Re: Exodus - CA Style

Post by Honeyman » Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:37 pm

I live in California and while I do see people leaving, it's mainly because of the ridiculous prices they can get for selling their houses.

This dump is around the block from me. A teardown, and it's selling for a million dollars.

https://www.compass.com/listing/2070-na ... 377118993/

I don't think he'll get a million, but he will get between 900-950. If he put in on the market 6 months ago, he would have had a bidding war for that shithole.

The censorship king from out of state.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:35 pm

I thought this thread was about how Exodus International got booted from California after preaching their ex gay grift. That exodus by Exodus was the best.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:06 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:37 pm
I live in California and while I do see people leaving, it's mainly because of the ridiculous prices they can get for selling their houses.

This dump is around the block from me. A teardown, and it's selling for a million dollars.

https://www.compass.com/listing/2070-na ... 377118993/

I don't think he'll get a million, but he will get between 900-950. If he put in on the market 6 months ago, he would have had a bidding war for that shithole.
I believe that may have something to do with it. My sister that lives in Ventura purchased a home there in 1976. She paid around 47,000.00 for it. She is thinking about moving back to Michigan to be closer to family in her elder years. That home was just appraised at 1.2 million dollars. You can get a WHOLE bunch of home in Michigan for that price.

But there is more to it than just that. Quality of life and taxation issues are also a part of that exodus.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:01 pm

Taxes are pretty ridiculous here. The politics are absurd, even for a liberal like me.

I thought I was gonna move and cash out, but now that I'm retired, I don't know where I would go that I would enjoy more. It's 73 degrees with a nice breeze now, and pretty much has been all summer. I ride my bike and look at the Pacific 4 times a week. A getaway to the mountains is 2 hours away. A flight to Vegas one.

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:01 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:01 pm
Taxes are pretty ridiculous here. The politics are absurd, even for a liberal like me.

I thought I was gonna move and cash out, but now that I'm retired, I don't know where I would go that I would enjoy more. It's 73 degrees with a nice breeze now, and pretty much has been all summer. I ride my bike and look at the Pacific 4 times a week. A getaway to the mountains is 2 hours away. A flight to Vegas one.
So what's the chances, 20 years from now, the same people that are fleeing The Golden State start trying to enact the same rules and regulations that caused them to leave?

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:24 pm

In The Bleachers wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:01 pm
Honeyman wrote:

So what's the chances, 20 years from now, the same people that are fleeing The Golden State start trying to enact the same rules and regulations that caused them to leave?
Don't worry - they won't flee to Downriver.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:37 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:24 pm
Don't worry - they won't flee to Downriver.
Let's hope not.
The beauty of Downriver communities is the lack of silly ordinances that plague other parts of more "liberal" Metro Detroit.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:55 pm

Honeyman wrote:

Going to spend a couple of weeks in Palm springs around the middle of February. Going to take a couple of days and visit a friend in Temecula. You anywhere near?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:59 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:55 pm
Honeyman wrote:

Going to spend a couple of weeks in Palm springs around the middle of February. Going to take a couple of days and visit a friend in Temecula. You anywhere near?
Yeah, about an hour and a half away. I live in Costa Mesa, it's in Orange County. Next to Newport Beach.

Palm Springs is perfect in February and Temecula is a cool area, REALLY grown the past decade or so.

Golfing? PS gets as busy as it gets around then. Make tee times or dinner reservations sooner than later.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:11 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:59 pm
Bryce wrote:
Honeyman wrote:

Yeah, about an hour and a half away. I live in Costa Mesa, it's in Orange County. Next to Newport Beach.

Palm Springs is perfect in February and Temecula is a cool area, REALLY grown the past decade or so.
Used to frequent Bobby McGee's in Costa Mesa back in the day. VERY fond memories. REALLY, REALLY fond memories of Costa Mesa. This was mid eighties. If your interested, I can try to swing by and have a beer in the area.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:16 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:11 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:59 pm
Bryce wrote:
Honeyman wrote:

Used to frequent Bobby McGee's in Costa Mesa back in the day. VERY fond memories. REALLY, REALLY fond memories of Costa Mesa. This was mid eighties. If your interested, I can try to swing by and have a beer in the area.
VERY COOL! Had no idea you spent so much time here. Actually, Bobbie McGees was right on PCH in NB. Honestly, I'd love to have a beer or several with you, Bryce! As we get closer to February....provided we haven't pissed each other off irreparably....let's definitely set something up. CM has changed too, but you will recognize a bunch of old haunts.
Last edited by Honeyman on Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:34 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:16 pm

VERY COOL! Didn't know you spent so much time here. Actually, Bobbie McGees was right on PCH in NB. Honestly, I'd love to have a beer or several with you, Bryce! As we get closer to February, provided we haven't pissed each other off irreparably, let's definitely set something up. CM has changed too, but you will recognize a bunch of old haunts.
Nah, I think we know how to debate and argue without it getting too personal. It's sport, sort of like hockey. I used to pound the crap out of guys and sometime get the crap pounded out of me and we'd have beer's after the game.

For about a year, I spent about one week a month in Costa Mesa. The friend that I'm visiting in Temecula met and married one of the waitresses from Bobby's. He was the one I shipped a rescue dog to a while back if you remember me asking if you knew anyone making the trip from Mi to CA. He's got a really cool ranch up in the mountain there and needed the right dog to keep his wife's horse company.

Probably not going to play any golf. My wife isn't a fan. There is a rather nice resort there we like that allows you to get maximum vitamin D exposure. :) And, we will swing by and visit my sister in Ventura.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:40 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:34 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:16 pm

VERY COOL! Didn't know you spent so much time here. Actually, Bobbie McGees was right on PCH in NB. Honestly, I'd love to have a beer or several with you, Bryce! As we get closer to February, provided we haven't pissed each other off irreparably, let's definitely set something up. CM has changed too, but you will recognize a bunch of old haunts.
Nah, I think we know how to debate and argue without it getting too personal. It's sport, sort of like hockey. I used to pound the crap out of guys and sometime get the crap pounded out of me and we'd have beer's after the game.

For about a year, I spent about one week a month in Costa Mesa. The friend that I'm visiting in Temecula met and married one of the waitresses from Bobby's. He was the one I shipped a rescue dog to a while back if you remember me asking if you knew anyone making the trip from Mi to CA. He's got a really cool ranch up in the mountain there and needed the right dog to keep his wife's horse company.

Probably not going to play any golf. My wife isn't a fan. There is a rather nice resort there we like that allows you to get maximum vitamin D exposure. :)
First round is on me!

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:51 pm

PS is a good three hours to Ventura, which I'm sure you know.

LOVE that area! We're gonna see a Chicks (sans Dixie) concert in Santa Barbara next weekend. Gonna stop for breakfast at Pete's in Ventura on the way home.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic