Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Exodus - CA Style

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Re: Exodus - CA Style

Post by Bryce » Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:07 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:51 pm
PS is a good three hours to Ventura, which I'm sure you know.

LOVE that area! We're gonna see a Chicks (sans Dixie) concert in Santa Barbara next weekend. Gonna stop for breakfast at Pete's in Ventura on the way home.
Santa Barbra is a wonderful city. Very pretty. The plan is to fly into LA, rent a car and take the 101 to Ventura and spend a couple of days with my Sister. Drive over to Palm Springs and check into the resort and in the middle take a drive over to Temecula to visit my friend and see how my rescue boy is doing. Somewhere in between, I'm sure we can take a drive over to Newport Beach.

I'll have to ask my sister if she;s ever been to Pete's

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:43 pm

Sounds like a perfect plan! Depending when the last time you were there, Ventura has changed a bunch too. Main Street used to be sleepy with antique shops. Not any more!

SB is just beautiful. The concert is at the SB Bowl, which is one of my favorite venues. Seeing Bonnie Raitt there in September too.

Meant to ask you if you got the pooch out west. Hope him and horse and friend are all great together.

The censorship king from out of state.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:50 pm

In The Bleachers wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:01 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:01 pm
Taxes are pretty ridiculous here. The politics are absurd, even for a liberal like me.

I thought I was gonna move and cash out, but now that I'm retired, I don't know where I would go that I would enjoy more. It's 73 degrees with a nice breeze now, and pretty much has been all summer. I ride my bike and look at the Pacific 4 times a week. A getaway to the mountains is 2 hours away. A flight to Vegas one.
So what's the chances, 20 years from now, the same people that are fleeing The Golden State start trying to enact the same rules and regulations that caused them to leave?
Little to none. Most of the people fleeing California are Thumpers and/or Trumpers. There's a lot of people moving from California to Nevada and also Tennessee.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:09 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:50 pm
In The Bleachers wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:01 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Taxes are pretty ridiculous here. The politics are absurd, even for a liberal like me.

I thought I was gonna move and cash out, but now that I'm retired, I don't know where I would go that I would enjoy more. It's 73 degrees with a nice breeze now, and pretty much has been all summer. I ride my bike and look at the Pacific 4 times a week. A getaway to the mountains is 2 hours away. A flight to Vegas one.
So what's the chances, 20 years from now, the same people that are fleeing The Golden State start trying to enact the same rules and regulations that caused them to leave?
Little to none. Most of the people fleeing California are Thumpers and/or Trumpers. There's a lot of people moving from California to Nevada and also Tennessee.
Not true - people of all political stripes are fleeing California because of insane COL and the extreme left politics. Arizona is probably the place that is taking most of the ex-Californians.
Honeyman wrote:

Your cunt governor is whining about UCLA switching conferences - doesn't he have larger issues to worry about?

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:35 am

Matt wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:09 am

Not true - people of all political stripes are fleeing California because of insane COL and the extreme left politics. Arizona is probably the place that is taking most of the ex-Californians.

On my last trip to Colorado, it seemed they're seeing quite an influx too. I'll ad as a reason the homeless situation in many California cities making life miserable for the people living there.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:39 am

Bryce wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:35 am
Matt wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:09 am

On my last trip to Colorado, it seemed they're seeing quite an influx too. I'll ad as a reason the homeless situation in many California cities making life miserable for the people living there.
That's right - I'd assume Colorado is the other state. I don't think many Californians are moving to Tennessee as MCRF suggested. When I was in Arizona a few months ago I saw more than one bumper sticker that said "Don't California my Arizona."

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:11 am

From what I have seen with neighbors and friends, Texas, Arizona, Nevada, and Colorado are the main destinations. Idaho was big a number of years ago, but property there has really gotten over-inflated.

The censorship king from out of state.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic