Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

He DID Need An AK47

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Re: He DID Need An AK47

Post by Bryce » Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:26 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:21 pm
So why do we need assault riffles? Let's band those today and see where mass murder attack numbers go...
Let's say we do. Please explain/define exactly what an assault rifle is so I know what you are looking to "band"

I got a feeling you're not going to be able to do it. You lefties can't even define what a woman is.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:40 pm

Let's start with this..

a rapid-fire, magazine-fed semi-automatic rifle designed for infantry use.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:19 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:05 pm
Indiana mall shooting tonight. Good guy with a gun put the shooter out of his misery before he could do more killing.

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles ... police-say
The man entered the Greenwood Park Mall with a rifle and several magazines of ammunition and began firing in the food court, Greenwood Police Department Chief Jim Ison said.

An armed civilian killed the man, Ison said at a news conference. In total, four people were killed and two were injured, he said.
Four people still died from a gun. Stop advocating for gun violence.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:21 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:21 pm
bmw wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:49 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:46 pm
Congratulations, you finally found one example.

That makes it like 10,000 shooters to one defender.
As long as people like you keep spewing your ignorance on this topic, I will keep posting a link to this person's youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/ActiveSelfProtection/videos

People defend themselves with weapons every day.
Oh good, data

Here's some valid data that calls your YouTube video bullshit.

Also, everything I see suggests only handguns we're used in the low incidents of defense. So why do we need assault riffles? Let's band those today and see where mass murder attack numbers go...

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/hicrc/fire ... gun-use-2/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2759797/

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... nce-shows/
We need to reinstate the Brady bill. The stats from 1994 to 2004 are good enough for me.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:20 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:40 pm
Let's start with this..

Rapid fire? Semi-automatic's all fire the same, it is fired each time you pull the trigger. Are you suggesting we ban all rifles except single shot?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:07 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:20 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Let's start with this..

Rapid fire? Semi-automatic's all fire the same, it is fired each time you pull the trigger. Are you suggesting we ban all rifles except single shot?
You never wanna answer the question posed. Always playing games with semantics or showing off your vast gun knowledge.

But when it comes to the morality involved, you never say a fucking thing. When it comes to rationalizing why 20 children in New England days before Christmas or innocent kids in Texas, or folks enjoying a country music show or high school students in Florida......DIE, for no fucking reason outside of a lunatic who is allowed to get a fucking weapon of war, you have no answers. You pussy out and pray to your true Bible, the 2nd amendment of the Constitution.

Fuck you. Fuck all of you mother fuckers who are so goddamn paranoid and worried about them coming to take away your guns that you have lost all sense of rationality. Hundreds of kids have died for no reason. Tens of thousands of family members will never be the same. And you honestly don't care. That is the saddest and sickest thing about it. Shame on you.

The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:36 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:07 pm
Hundreds of kids have died for no reason. Tens of thousands of family members will never be the same. And you honestly don't care. That is the saddest and sickest thing about it. Shame on you.
Before you go casting shame on people - do you care about every single one of the 15,000 children who die all around the world every day? Or are the lives of children who die by gunfire worth more than the lives of children who die by other means?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:20 am

Honeyman wrote:
Bryce wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:20 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Let's start with this..

You never wanna answer the question posed. Always playing games with semantics or showing off your vast gun knowledge.
That's the thing, semantics are important. Just calling something by a scary name that has no meaning to drum up support pisses me off. I don't think a group of people that know little or nothing about firearms have any business deciding what will be prohibited for law abiding citizens to own. It would be like appointing someone that knows nothing about logistics and technology to be Secretary of Transportation or a person that is clueless about how our power grid works as Secretary of Energy. Oh wait.
Honeyman wrote:
But when it comes to the morality involved, you never say a fucking thing.
Hundreds of kids have died for no reason. Tens of thousands of family members will never be the same. And you honestly don't care. That is the saddest and sickest thing about it. Shame on you.
I grieve and am saddened by the actions taken by these evil, mentally disturbed individuals. My heart goes out to their families and loved ones. I choose to place the blame on the people that commit these atrocious acts rather than the tool they choose to use. When the Surfside condominium in Miami collapsed, killing 98 people, did you place the blame on the tools used to build it or the people that failed to build and maintain it properly?

Morality? Firearms are neither moral nor immoral. It is people that are immoral, yet the left vehemently rails against any attempt at, what they call, "legislating morality." Morality? At the behest of the left, God and religion have basically removed from the public square. Morality? You won't find a Bible or Torah in a single public school library. Morality? Participation in religious organizations is at an all time low. Morality? Women are having multiple children with multiple partners that aren't around on a daily basis. Instead of being ashamed, they make TV shows about them. The ability to discipline errant youth has been taken away from teachers as well as parents. Morality is a societal problem, NOT a firearm problem.

Finally. When has banning something ever worked completely? Is heroin banned? How about fentanyl? The CDC claims that there were over 50,000 overdose deaths due to fentanyl in 2021. It will be much higher in 2022.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:35 am

The king of WHATABOUTISM strikes again.

How many people built the Surfside condo? From planning to grading to construction.....thousands. How many killed the people watching a 4th of July parade? One. A classroom in Connecticut? One. A country music festival? One.

What object gave those individuals the power to kill so many?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:19 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:35 am
The king of WHATABOUTISM strikes again.

How many people built the Surfside condo? From planning to grading to construction.....thousands. How many killed the people watching a 4th of July parade? One. A classroom in Connecticut? One. A country music festival? One.

What object gave those individuals the power to kill so many?
I think you're missing my overall point. Banning what you and others call an "assault rifle" will not do anything to keep these mentally ill people from doing what they did. There are any number of rifles that you wouldn't call an "assault-rifle" that can do as much and in some cases more damage. They just don't look "scary." The only way to accomplish what you want is to ban future sales and then go house to house confiscating all semi-automatic rifles. What will the next step be? Confiscating pistols too? The consequences of doing this will just make the illegal gun trade, which is already thriving in Detroit, increase.

Add up the gun deaths in Detroit and Chicago on a weekly basis, the vast majority of which are committed using firearms that were obtained illegally. Isn't having something that is illegal for you to have pretty much the same as having a "banned" item? Banning something only works for the people that follow the law. The mentally unstable and everyday criminal don't care. In fact, career criminals love the idea of gun bans.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:24 pm

Honeyman - you're missing my point as well. You've latched on to a tiny, tiny subset of children who die every year and have said shame on anybody who doesn't care. What I'm pointing out is that you can take that number and multiply it by the thousands to account for kids that die from other causes. I, as an individual human being, don't have the mental capacity to genuinely "care" about every child who dies young. That may sound cold, but it is true of me and of everybody else. What I have asked you to explain is what makes those particular children more special or with lives more valuable than every other child who dies every 6 seconds.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:04 pm

Right Honeyman, S**t happens. It's no big deal. Get over it.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:46 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:24 pm
Honeyman - you're missing my point as well. You've latched on to a tiny, tiny subset of children who die every year and have said shame on anybody who doesn't care. What I'm pointing out is that you can take that number and multiply it by the thousands to account for kids that die from other causes. I, as an individual human being, don't have the mental capacity to genuinely "care" about every child who dies young. That may sound cold, but it is true of me and of everybody else. What I have asked you to explain is what makes those particular children more special or with lives more valuable than every other child who dies every 6 seconds.
Because many of these deaths are preventable. Don't let 18 year olds buy AK-47's.

Do you see a difference between murder and pediatric cancer?

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:09 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:46 pm
Because many of these deaths are preventable. Don't let 18 year olds buy AK-47's.

So "preventable" deaths is the distinction?

How many children are dying every single day around the world right now, whether it be because of hunger, suicide, or whatever - as a direct result of the world's over-reaction to Covid and locking everything down for the better part of a year, and the consequences that continue to pile up to this day and beyond because of that? You don't care about those, because the lockdowns kept YOU safe, right?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:53 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:09 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:46 pm

So "preventable" deaths is the distinction?

How many children are dying every single day around the world right now, whether it be because of hunger, suicide, or whatever - as a direct result of the world's over-reaction to Covid and locking everything down for the better part of a year, and the consequences that continue to pile up to this day and beyond because of that? You don't care about those, because the lockdowns kept YOU safe, right?
The topic of this thread is AK-47's so that's what I happen to be discussing. The fact that you are obsessed with Covid reactions and want to bring it into every fucking thread on the goddamn board, only proves what a one-note douchebag you are.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic