Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Joe Manchin

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 15783

Joe Manchin

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:11 am

Well, I'm reading where Manchin has dealt yet another crushing blow to President Biden’s domestic agenda, effectively ruling out action on anything beyond prescription drug pricing and health care subsidies.

Is it possible Manchin may be the only Democrat that is in tune with what the majority of Americans want? A lone wolf in a sea of lemmings.

Matt

Re: Joe Manchin

Post by Matt » Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:17 am

Yes.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:47 am

The lack of action NOW on climate change is beyond ignorant & short-sighted, and will be absolutely devastating to the planet. I would lose sleep over this if I had children or grandchildren.

The censorship king from out of state.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:09 am

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:47 am
The lack of action NOW on climate change is beyond ignorant & short-sighted, and will be absolutely devastating to the planet. I would lose sleep over this if I had children or grandchildren.
You really should become a comedian!! That shit's funny!!

:rollin

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:21 am

Honeyman wrote:
When Homo sapiens is ­finally gone, Earth will give a shudder of relief and clean itself up again, just as it ­always has, over and over, in its 4.6 billion years.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:44 am

Honeyman wrote:
Answer this for me. What good would initiating climate change procedures due in the United States when countries like China India and many other emerging markets are polluting up a storm?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:54 am

In The Bleachers wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:11 am
Well, I'm reading where Manchin has dealt yet another crushing blow to President Biden’s domestic agenda, effectively ruling out action on anything beyond prescription drug pricing and health care subsidies.

Is it possible Manchin may be the only Democrat that is in tune with what the majority of Americans want? A lone wolf in a sea of lemmings.
He is probably most in tune with his polling numbers.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 442901001/

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:08 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:54 am

And that's what it's all about. Getting re-elected. Say whatever they want to hear.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:41 pm

In The Bleachers wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:08 pm
Bobbert wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:54 am

And that's what it's all about. Getting re-elected. Say whatever they want to hear.
The "they" being coal miners and hillbillies. Let us not forget Manchin founded a coal brokerage firm that his son now runs. His income on dividends in 2020 were upwards of a half million dollars and he still holds between $1M-$5M in non-public shares in the business. Do you honestly believe he would support legislation that goes against his own self-interests?

Please don't attempt to link any motives in Manchin's votes other than keeping the cash flow going. That.is.it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:43 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Worry less about the government and focus on pushing industry to make changes.

Every car guy I know has resigned to the reality that everything will be electric within the next 10 years. Industry drives change not policy in many many cases. Industry gives what people ask for.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:49 pm

Ummm, where the hell is all the electricity needed to power all these cars going to come from? Coal powered plants? Nuclear? Maybe they could rebuild the Sanford Dam?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:00 pm

I think the focus should be starting with individual buildings. It is a shame how few supplement their electrical use with solar panels. Right now you can get GOOD QUALITY:

-panels for about 80 cents/watt,
-LifePo4 batteries for about 31 cents/watt,
-Pure sine wave inverters for about 38 cents/watt
-MPPT Charger controller for about 16 cents/watt

So that's about $1.65 per watt plus you also need some misc. accessories like kill switches, battery protectors, and wiring, and we're still talking quite cheap for solar.

I'm installing a dual-use heap pump/air conditioning unit right now that is rated for heat all the way down to 13 degrees outside and has an efficiency rating for air conditioning of about double that of a window unit. My plan once this is up and running is to power it off an isolated solar circuit. Looking at somewhere between 6 and 9 100w solar panel setup. By my math it should be able to fully cool the house in the summer and provide some supplemental heat in the winter.

So there - just one example of one person doing their part.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:48 pm

It seems like Manchin is one of the few Democrats that knows that he is talking about.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:01 am

Answer this for me. What good would initiating climate change procedures due in the United States when countries like China India and many other emerging markets are polluting up a storm?
Bingo. Completely agree.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:35 am

But, but, but....we need to lead by example! You know, like how other countries follow our lead of personal liberty and freedom.

And btw - instead of bashing Manchin, Democrats should be thanking him for single-handedly preventing the Democrat party from 100% walking off a cliff and thereby probably saving Dems at least several Senate seats this upcoming election.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic