Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

#NeverAgainTrump

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

#NeverAgainTrump

Post by Matt » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:46 pm

The following was a letter in the WSJ today:
Let me, a two-time Trump voter and lifelong Republican, count the reasons I won’t vote for Donald Trump again (“Trump Needs an Apprentice” by Greg Opelka, op-ed, June 29):

First, his behavior in dealing with the election results in Georgia cost Republicans control of the Senate. Second, his Jan. 6 behavior created an effective cudgel for Democrats to wield against Republicans, in some cases resulting in their defeat. Third, while clearly more fit than President Biden, Mr. Trump’s age will hamper his level of performance. Fourth, he bears significant responsibility for not being a uniter. If elected, he would exacerbate ideological chasms. Fifth, the other candidates whom Mr. Opelka lists would all be more electable and superior performers.

Stuart Wood

Carlsbad, Calif.
I agree with every point listed here, and while I acknowledge there were some policy gains and judicial appointments that I was very pleased with under Trump, character and leadership ability matter. This country can't handle further fracturing.

I'm not trying to change minds, and I doubt I will, but I do invite anyone that is willing to join #NeverAgainTrump. Lefties have a part to play too - you all need to stop supporting Trump stooges with the hope of creating an electoral advantage.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: #NeverAgainTrump

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:33 pm

If I have to vote for fascist lite Trump to stop ultra fascist DeathSantis, I will happily do so. I voted for Kasich in 2016 for the same reason. Don’t think I won’t wage war against the biggest fascist yet.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:14 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:33 pm
If I have to vote for fascist lite Trump to stop ultra fascist DeathSantis, I will happily do so. I voted for Kasich in 2016 for the same reason. Don’t think I won’t wage war against the biggest fascist yet.
You don't know what fascist means.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:52 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:14 pm
You don't know what fascist means.
I don’t think you will until it’s too late.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:40 pm

Matt wrote:
You still don't know what fascist means (and probably never will).
FIFY

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:48 pm

km1125 wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:40 pm
Matt wrote:
You still don't know what fascist means (and probably never will).
FIFY
Says the fool who posted this:

km1125 wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:04 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:29 pm
I don't know how people can joke about and treat so lightly, the fact that a powerful group of people attempted and almost succeeded in the overthrow of democracy in your country.

It scares me just thinking about how close we came to living nextdoor to a facist dictatorship.
Except it WAS a big joke. NOBODY was "overthrowing democracy"!!

The censorship king from out of state.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:41 am

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:48 pm
km1125 wrote:

That was (and is) 100% a accurate statement. The government was not going to be overthrown that day, regardless how successful the attackers were in their quest to do whatever they thought they were trying to do.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:19 am

km1125 wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:41 am
Honeyman wrote:
km1125 wrote:

That was (and is) 100% a accurate statement. The government was not going to be overthrown that day, regardless how successful the attackers were in their quest to do whatever they thought they were trying to do.
What do you think your beloved feuher meant when he asked the Georgia SOS to "Find me 11 thousand votes"?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:59 am

The rioters didn't succeed. But that was just the culmination of weeks of plotting and scheming to overturn the vote. How can anyone be accepting or forgiving of that?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:01 am

Anybody who thinks the United States Government was on the verge of being overthrown on January 6 is perhaps more delusional than anybody who thinks Trump actually won the election.

I no longer directly engage trolls

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:18 am

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:19 am
km1125 wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
km1125 wrote:

What do you think your beloved feuher meant when he asked the Georgia SOS to "Find me 11 thousand votes"?
Maybe somebody, like the head of the Georgia SOS, should have actually asked him specifically what he meant. That would have cleared up any confusion. If he said "I want you to falsify them" then things would have been much easier for a prosecution. If he said "I want to you thoroughly vett those votes that came in and figure out where there were miscounts an missed votes" then we'd know he didn't make any attempt to subvert a legal or legitimate election. But we don't really know because no one had the balls to actually ask the question when it counted.

So we're left with "feelings" and "conspiracy theories".

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:18 am

Matt wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:46 pm
The following was a letter in the WSJ today:
Let me, a two-time Trump voter and lifelong Republican, count the reasons I won’t vote for Donald Trump again (“Trump Needs an Apprentice” by Greg Opelka, op-ed, June 29):

First, his behavior in dealing with the election results in Georgia cost Republicans control of the Senate. Second, his Jan. 6 behavior created an effective cudgel for Democrats to wield against Republicans, in some cases resulting in their defeat. Third, while clearly more fit than President Biden, Mr. Trump’s age will hamper his level of performance. Fourth, he bears significant responsibility for not being a uniter. If elected, he would exacerbate ideological chasms. Fifth, the other candidates whom Mr. Opelka lists would all be more electable and superior performers.

Stuart Wood

Carlsbad, Calif.
I agree with every point listed here, and while I acknowledge there were some policy gains and judicial appointments that I was very pleased with under Trump, character and leadership ability matter. This country can't handle further fracturing.

I'm not trying to change minds, and I doubt I will, but I do invite anyone that is willing to join #NeverAgainTrump. Lefties have a part to play too - you all need to stop supporting Trump stooges with the hope of creating an electoral advantage.
Good points. If you add #NeverAgainBush, and #NeverAgainClinton, I may consider it. Otherwise, we can expect "more of the same" going forward. Ignore the big picture, and the real problem, at your own peril. (Hint... it's not Trump, no matter how much you want to believe it is)

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:21 am

km1125 wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:18 am
Honeyman wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:19 am
km1125 wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
km1125 wrote:

Maybe somebody, like the head of the Georgia SOS, should have actually asked him specifically what he meant. That would have cleared up any confusion. If he said "I want you to falsify them" then things would have been much easier for a prosecution. If he said "I want to you thoroughly vett those votes that came in and figure out where there were miscounts an missed votes" then we'd know he didn't make any attempt to subvert a legal or legitimate election. But we don't really know because no one had the balls to actually ask the question when it counted.

So we're left with "feelings" and "conspiracy theories".
There really is no confusion to clear up. Most thinking individuals know exactly what was meant by those words.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:33 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:59 am
The rioters didn't succeed. But that was just the culmination of weeks of plotting and scheming to overturn the vote. How can anyone be accepting or forgiving of that?
Interesting how many others on this site are so blind while the Canadian poster sums things up so succinctly.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:23 am

One poster on this board has already said America would be better off today had the insurrection succeeded.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic