Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Worst Run Cities Now Worse Than Detroit And Flint

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Ben Zonia

Worst Run Cities Now Worse Than Detroit And Flint

Post by Ben Zonia » Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:37 am

The chickens have come home to roost.

After years of finger pointing distraction at Detroit and Flint, Washington, San Francisco and New York now top the worst run list.

https://www.zerohedge.com/personal-fina ... -democrats

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

km1125

Re: Worst Run Cities Now Worse Than Detroit And Flint

Post by km1125 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:13 am

Anybody else surprised that WARREN showed up near the top of the "best" cities in that list?? Above Grand Rapids??

Certainly not surprised about SF or DC, but New Yorkers should really be ashamed. That was really a great city not all that long ago.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:45 am

Another place has been making that claim for about 40 years.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:35 am

One factor in placement is annexation and metropolitan government. Notice that all or almost all of the very worst cities have not had substantial increases in land area in the last 60 years or so. Expanded area and population results in an increase in tax base, and money for services, and statistical apparent reduction crime RATES, from being divided by a larger population. It would be interesting to look at these rankings based on 1950 city limits.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:10 pm

km1125 wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:13 am
Anybody else surprised that WARREN showed up near the top of the "best" cities in that list?? Above Grand Rapids??

Certainly not surprised about SF or DC, but New Yorkers should really be ashamed. That was really a great city not all that long ago.
We are one of the worst run in my opinion. We have a racist mayor and a fascist police department. Our libraries suck. Our Farmer’s Market sucks. The only thing good is the fire department. We do have two senior centers that were well run 25 years ago but not now. Our taxes are some of the highest in the county per mil. If we were getting good services, that would be fine. But we don’t.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:12 pm

DC has been one of the worst run cities for years. Even 40 years ago, you could only get elected in DC if you were a Democrat. They think that the power that they get from being elected is for themselves. At one point, DC was not a 'drug free school zone'. it was a 'school free drug zone'.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic