Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Billie Joe Armstrong Renouncing His Citizenship

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Chrocket87

Billie Joe Armstrong Renouncing His Citizenship

Post by Chrocket87 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:25 pm

Here we go again with the celebrities claiming they will leave the country if politics don’t go their way. Billie Joe Armstrong, lead singer of Green Day, announced at a concert in England that he is renouncing his U.S. citizenship over the overturning of RvW and will be moving to the UK.

https://deadline.com/2022/06/green-day- ... 52222/amp/

Good for him if he ACTUALLY goes through with it, but perhaps someone should tell him that the right to abortion in the UK ends after 24 weeks, which is more strict than his current residence in California.

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -pregnancy

Turkeytop

Re: Billie Joe Armstrong Renouncing His Citizenship

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:40 pm

Billie who?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:51 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:40 pm
Billie who?
He jumped off the Tallahatchie Bridge.

The censorship king from out of state.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:29 am

And why do most stars not renounce and actually leave after threatening? It's because other than Eritrea, the U.S. is the only country in the world that taxes it's former citizens after they renounce their citizenship.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:23 am

Chrocket87 wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:25 pm
Here we go again with the celebrities claiming they will leave the country if politics don’t go their way. Billie Joe Armstrong, lead singer of Green Day, announced at a concert in England that he is renouncing his U.S. citizenship over the overturning of RvW and will be moving to the UK.
So, like the Dixie Chicks, he stands on stage in another country are critiques his own country.
Don't have the guts to do it at home. Good Riddance.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:58 am

So, I take it this person is someone famous. If they want to renounce their citizenship, why do they have to make a public announcement about their decision? Do they think the rest of us actually care?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:14 am

In The Bleachers wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:23 am
Chrocket87 wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:25 pm
So, like the Dixie Chicks, he stands on stage in another country are critiques his own country.
Don't have the guts to do it at home. Good Riddance.
FWIW, the Chicks never said they would leave the country. They said they did not support the war (in Iraq) as they were introducing their song Traveling Soldier. This happened days before the invasion was to start. Also mentioned they were not fond of Mr. Bush. They happened to be on a European tour at the time where the build-up to the war was very unpopular there. I think they paid a H*** price as they were banned from a bunch if stations and lost millions in endorsements. In retrospect, they were correct about the war.

I'm a big fan and very much looking forward to seeing them in Santa Barbara next month.

The censorship king from out of state.

kager

Post by kager » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:39 pm

In The Bleachers wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:23 am
Good Riddance.
:rollin

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic