Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Maher: Trump would be a shoo-in in 2024 IF...

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Maher: Trump would be a shoo-in in 2024 IF...

Post by Matt » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:08 pm

...he lets 2020 go.

As much as I'm not a fan of Trump, this seems like a reasonable take. I do also agree with Maher that DeSantis is a better choice.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/bill-mahe ... -easy-2020

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

bmw

Re: Maher: Trump would be a shoo-in in 2024 IF...

Post by bmw » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:22 pm

So pretty much exactly what I said nearly a year ago.
bmw wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:16 am
...if Trump does decide to run in 2024, he needs to figure out a way to get past 2020 and not make that a focal point of his rallies.
bmw wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:58 am
I hope that whoever gets the Republican nomination for 2024 knocks it off with the voter fraud accusations. The dems will be EASILY beatable, but carrying on with accusations of voter fraud from what will then be years ago will only hurt Republicans' chances.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:28 pm

But he is simply not capable of letting 2020 go. It's like asking a dog to stop sniffing.

The fun times will begin when he starts trashing DeSantis. Not sure what it'll be, if DeSantis has an ugly wife or what. He doesn't seem short so Trump can't make fun of his height like Rubio. He is kinda plump, but obese Trump can't go there. My guess is it'll be "Dummy DeSantis". Trump likes to be alliterative, despite he doesn't know what the word means. Should be fun in the primary debates. Add in Rand Paul who will run for sure. Maybe even Ted Cruz will throw his hypocrite hat into the ring. Let the hijinks ensue!

And just wait if and when DeSantis gets the nomination. NO WAY will Trump endorse or support DeSantis or help the Republican party in any way. He only cares about himself. I would not put it past him to run third party out of spite. Predicting Trump entails thinking like he does, as a 9 year old child.

The censorship king from out of state.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 pm

Is America ready to forgive Trump for what he tried to do to your country?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:04 am

I'm certainly not ready to forgive him for his conduct.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:50 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:04 am
I'm certainly not ready to forgive him for his conduct.
But you're an intelligent, thinking Republican. Many others that post here don't believe he did anything seriously wrong. Some still believe the election was indeed stolen. If that is in any substantial way representative of the nation, 2024 will be a complete clusterfuck for the GOP, and the entire country.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:09 am

Many of the protesters believed Biden would destroy the country, and they were more correct than I could have ever imagined. This didn't happen under Obama.

I assumed Biden would pivot to a moderate, but he has lacks any closely-held personal beliefs. All we got was Jimmy Carter with dementia.

Biden's actions have not only help create terrible stagflation, he has have likely brought us closer to World War III too.

I'm not sure it get worse under Trump in 2024.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:06 am

audiophile wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:09 am
Many of the protesters believed Biden would destroy the country, and they were more correct than I could have ever imagined. This didn't happen under Obama.

I assumed Biden would pivot to a moderate, but he has lacks any closely-held personal beliefs. All we got was Jimmy Carter with dementia.

Biden's actions have not only help create terrible stagflation, he has have likely brought us closer to World War III too.

You don't like Biden, you can send him packing in the next elecyion. And you can be confident he will accept his defeat and there will be a oeaceful transition of power. You put Trump back in, that may never happen again
But, maybe, you're OK with that.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:57 am

The guy lost the popular vote twice. Not once, but twice.
Just because we have a system that allows somebody to "walk in the back door" of the White House on rare occasions doesn't make him a shoe in to manage it twice.

I no longer directly engage trolls

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:15 pm

I really hope Trump is your candidate.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:18 pm

Popular vote is NOT one gets elected to president.

I believe DeSantis could get popular AND electoral vote.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:36 pm

Not sure I'd call something that has happened 2 of our past 7 Presidential elections "rare."

Nevertheless, I'm reasonably confident at this point that whoever the Republicans nominate (yes, even Trump) will win both the popular vote and the electoral vote. I don't see any way Biden even comes close to digging us out of the mess he and his administration has rapidly created, nor do I see anybody else on the Democrat's bench-in-waiting as capable of winning an election in this environment.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:47 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:09 am

Wow, cold take there dude. Yes, there have been some very bad decisions by the Biden administration - I do blame a few on the lack of a transition and sharing of info.. something that NO OTHER DEPARTING PRESIDENT HAS EVER DONE. It's that one thing that disqualifies Trump for any public office again ever in my book. I feel that Biden brought in a weak team of advisors, had trouble getting a lot of people confirmed, and overall didn't get a great start (and hasn't made up for it yet.) But I didn't pick Biden for a nominee, just voted for the lesser evil.

Biden didn't invade Ukraine, didn't start COVID, didn't make the original vow to get out of Afghanistan, didn't gut the State and other federal departments...

Are you kidding? He's already shown that he wants to rid DC of anyone who's crossed him EVER. Trump 2024 would be a disaster.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:49 pm

I don't see Trump ever winning the popular vote. He has hit his maximum and a large amount of this population simply will never vote for him. That number will only go up as the hearings continue, if he gets indicted, continues to spew idiocy, etc.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic