Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Why Am I Passionately Pro Choice?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

Why Am I Passionately Pro Choice?

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:30 am

So, why am I so passionate about the overturn of Roe v. Wade?

In large part, it is because I was indoctrinated so strongly in pro life culture from a young age. One of my first memories I had was being at a rally in downtown Detroit, January 22nd, 1988. I wasn't even 5 years old yet, but it was my first rally. It was in protest of the 15th anniversary of Roe v. Wade. I was always taught that Democrats were for killing children. My father co wrote a pro life newsletter that was promoted by the Christian coalition in Michigan in the early 90's. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian ... of_America

My mother spent plenty of here time at local Crisis Pregnancy Centers that gave some impoverished mothers a few diapers, but she mainly was there to brainwash them into keeping their child.

Throughout the years(from about 91 to 96), I stood in the "pro life chain" on Woodward in Pleasant Ridge the first Sunday in October. I was forced to hold signs that said "Abortion Kills Children" etc.

As I grew older and wiser, I learned that my cousin needed Planned Parenthood when she had ovarian cancer because she grew up in a household with a dead beat mother and absent father who granted her no insurance. I also learned my friend needed their assistance the morning after she was raped in 2005 for testing services and emotional support. Still another female friend of mine had to get condoms from them in order to safely have protected sex as a 16 year old.

Gradually, I learned that Planned Parenthood wasn't the devil after all. People should be able to make decisions in cooperation with their doctor. Now, if I ever impregnated a woman, I would move to keep the child. However, as a liberty minded leftist, I have no right to force my morality on others. That is the downfall of today's ruling. And am I a little salty that I was forced to hold signs and be indoctrinated? Yes.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Re: Why Am I Passionately Pro Choice?

Post by Matt » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:28 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:30 am

In large part, it is because I was indoctrinated so strongly in pro life culture from a young age. One of my first memories I had was being at a rally in downtown Detroit, January 22nd, 1988. I wasn't even 5 years old yet, but it was my first rally. It was in protest of the 15th anniversary of Roe v. Wade. I was always taught that Democrats were for killing children. My father co wrote a pro life newsletter that was promoted by the Christian coalition in Michigan in the early 90's. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian ... of_America

My mother spent plenty of here time at local Crisis Pregnancy Centers that gave some impoverished mothers a few diapers, but she mainly was there to brainwash them into keeping their child.

Throughout the years(from about 91 to 96), I stood in the "pro life chain" on Woodward in Pleasant Ridge the first Sunday in October. I was forced to hold signs that said "Abortion Kills Children" etc.

As I grew older and wiser, I learned that my cousin needed Planned Parenthood when she had ovarian cancer because she grew up in a household with a dead beat mother and absent father who granted her no insurance. I also learned my friend needed their assistance the morning after she was raped in 2005 for testing services and emotional support. Still another female friend of mine had to get condoms from them in order to safely have protected sex as a 16 year old.

Gradually, I learned that Planned Parenthood wasn't the devil after all. People should be able to make decisions in cooperation with their doctor. Now, if I ever impregnated a woman, I would move to keep the child. However, as a liberty minded leftist, I have no right to force my morality on others. That is the downfall of today's ruling. And am I a little salty that I was forced to hold signs and be indoctrinated? Yes.
You're a leftist due primarily to unresolved childhood issues?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:17 am

Matt wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:28 am

You're a leftist due primarily to unresolved childhood issues?
How wonderful it is to reduce someone's personal post to one snarky comment. That's why we are headed toward some national pain, because many of us refuse to even attempt to understand "the other side". And yes, I'm talking to progressives as well as you self righteous cons(ervatives)

kager

Post by kager » Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:30 am

How wonderful it is to reduce someone's personal post to one snarky comment.
- The only self-proclaimed resident of "Snarksburg"

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:10 am

kager wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:30 am
How wonderful it is to reduce someone's personal post to one snarky comment.
- The only self-proclaimed resident of "Snarksburg"
Thanks for noticing... I'm actually running for Town Crier this year, would appreciate your vote.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:31 am

I get the impression you don't think very highly of your parents.

Brainwashing definition, per Merriam-Webster: "a forcible indoctrination to induce someone to give up basic political, social, or religious beliefs and attitudes and to accept contrasting regimented ideas."

So your mother was forcibly indoctrinating others?

Your last statement though about being "forced" to hold pro-life signs at anti-abortion rallies - if true, I agree that it is wrong for a parent to force their children to participate in political activism.
...as a liberty minded leftist...
:lol Now there's an oxymoron if ever I've heard one. Leftists believe in using the power of government to create a nanny state that controls every single aspect of one's life. The fact that abortion "rights" are seemingly the lone exception to this rule doesn't nullify the numerous other examples to the contrary.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic