Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization (19-1392)

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
FakeAndyStuart

Re: Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization (19-1392)

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:51 pm

km1125 wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:41 pm
bmw wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:09 am
A) They continue to refer to abortion as a right (eg, "Efforts are underway to protect abortion rights as nation adjusts to Supreme Court's reversal of Roe v. Wade" - CNN). What the Supreme Court literally found is that having an abortion is NOT a right. ...
Yes, it's interesting how they do that, yet they will ALWAYS preface any of Trump's assertions about the election with "disproven", rather than something like "his opinion" or "his perspective"
EVeryone's entitled to their opinion. You are not entitled to your own facts. I don't care what his perspective is, he's wrong if he thinks the election was "stolen" or "rigged."

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:56 pm

"Opinion" and "Perspective" actually aren't the correct words for how Trump feels about the 2020 election. I agree with FAS right above in that the ACTUAL outcome of the 2020 election is a matter of fact. I think the correct word is "hypothesis."

a supposition or proposed explanation made on the basis of limited evidence as a starting point for further investigation.

It is Trump's hypothesis that there was enough fraud to change the outcome of the election. The problem for him is, there hasn't been enough evidence to prove such a hypothesis. And you can't just run with a hypothesis forever (and be credible, anyways) without further evidence.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:13 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:56 pm
And you can't just run with a hypothesis forever (and be credible, anyways) without further evidence.
Unless you're Adam Schiff.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:23 pm

Motown322 wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:18 am
audiophile wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:34 am

Stacey Abrams is on, and she couldn't answer the 9-month question either.
Because it's a bullshit question based on a bullshit premise. No woman is going to go through 8 months of pregnancy and preparing for a baby and then just waking up one day and deciding to go have an abortion.
That is false. Third trimester abortions (6-9 mo.) are around 12k per year. If the boyfriend or husband whigs out, the female could panic and get a late-term abortion.
You.gov found that 66% of U.S. pro-choice adults oppose third-trimester abortions. (AP)

Virginia is the only state that bans abortions in the third trimester. (Guttmacher)

22 states ban abortions at 20 weeks, 22 weeks, or 24 weeks from the woman’s last menstrual period, depending on the state. (Guttmacher)

In 2018, 1.0% of all abortions in the United States are third trimester abortions. (CDC), If the estimates are correct, then the total number of abortions after 20 weeks’ gestation are 11,500 per year. (Johnston Archive)

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:45 pm

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:51 pm
km1125 wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:41 pm
bmw wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:09 am
A) They continue to refer to abortion as a right (eg, "Efforts are underway to protect abortion rights as nation adjusts to Supreme Court's reversal of Roe v. Wade" - CNN). What the Supreme Court literally found is that having an abortion is NOT a right. ...
Yes, it's interesting how they do that, yet they will ALWAYS preface any of Trump's assertions about the election with "disproven", rather than something like "his opinion" or "his perspective"
EVeryone's entitled to their opinion. You are not entitled to your own facts. I don't care what his perspective is, he's wrong if he thinks the election was "stolen" or "rigged."
But when the media is saying it, it's not opinion, it's propaganda and bias. The Supreme Court just determined it is NOT a "right", so they should quit referring to it that way.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:39 pm

The thing that frosh's my nuts is they keep saying that this overturns 50 years of precedence. They don't mention anything about the Roe versus Wade decision overturning 150 years of prior precedence. Plus, they throw around the 14th amendment without mentioning the 10th amendment.

And by the way Andy boy, the election may not have been stolen, but it was certainly rigged.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:57 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:32 pm
I'm wondering if TC talks is shoving a coat hanger up his ass even as I type.
I'm wondering if TC Talks has a life.
Seven pages of y'all going back and forth on a beautiful weekend.
Interesting.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:22 am

Bryce wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:39 pm
And by the way Andy boy, the election may not have been stolen, but it was certainly rigged.
rigged - verb - "manage or conduct (something) fraudulently so as to produce a result or situation that is advantageous to a particular person."

Let me make sure I understand your meaning (and you understand mine) before continuing. I do believe that voting procedures were altered, some of them not quite correctly or "by the book" due to the COVID panic and pandemic. Those altered procedures MAY or MAY NOT have actually affected the final results (from what I've seen.) However, to date, there has been no evidence (again, that I've seen) to show that those alterations were done "fraudulently" or deliberately to favor one side over another. (AND the best evidence of THAT is the success of down ballot candidates.) I don't see how it was "rigged."

You? Please explain with this, or another definition, how this election was "rigged".

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:15 am

In The Bleachers wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:57 pm
Bryce wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:32 pm
I'm wondering if TC talks is shoving a coat hanger up his ass even as I type.
I'm wondering if TC Talks has a life.
Seven pages of y'all going back and forth on a beautiful weekend.
Interesting.
Life? Maybe more like under "recovery" from getting a vasectomy :lol
Last edited by audiophile on Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:10 pm

Beaumont/Spectrum pulls the plug on death on demand; will only perform they when medically necessary for life of the mother.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:47 pm

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:22 am

You? Please explain with this, or another definition, how this election was "rigged".
I have explained in prior threads, in great detail, why I thought this election was unfairly influenced or rigged. I'm not going to revisit that. But I will give you a couple examples.

One way was the mainstream media along with big tech promoting the LIE of Russian collusion ad nauseam for years. Another is hiding negative stories on Biden.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:03 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:47 pm
I have explained in prior threads, in great detail, why I thought this election was unfairly influenced or rigged. I'm not going to revisit that. But I will give you a couple examples.

One way was the mainstream media along with big tech promoting the LIE of Russian collusion ad nauseam for years. Another is hiding negative stories on Biden.
So, again, to make sure I understand, the media - NBC, New York Times, CNN, etc. - wanted Biden to win, so they made news choices to influence voters and by doing so, "rigged" the election? And they did this "fraudulently" - they knew that the Russian collusion story was false, they knew the Biden negative stories were true and they purposely hyped the first and buried the second with the goal of Biden winning?

I realize you see this clearly - I want to make sure I can explain your position so I can see your viewpoint clearly (no matter what mine is..)

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:05 pm

Yup

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:25 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:05 pm
Yup
Can I ask a few more questions? Did NBC, NY Times, etc. collude with each other to do this or was it organic - i.e. each side wanted this to happen but they still all acted independently? Do you believe the "media" has the power to influence everything on such a grand scale? Why didn't all this also affect the down ballot results? '

Also, what's your opinion on the Electoral College - still valuable or worn out its usefulness? Should a voter in Wyoming have 10 times the impact on a Presidential election that a voter in Texas? (https://www.texasmonthly.com/news-polit ... l-college/)

And, what's your thoughts about how to "fix" this media caused election rigging?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:27 pm

So, I know you've all been waiting for me to weigh in on this. :lol

First of all, my views are not based on religion. I don't have a religious bone in my body.

I believe abortion is wrong. If the woman was a family member or someone else over whom I have influence, I would try to talk her out of it. I view it as immoral.

On the other hand, I don't believe we can legislate marality. I shouldn't be allowed to impose my morallity on others.

It's a decision between a woman and her Doctor, or her God (If that's what she believes in.)

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic