Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Jan 6 Hearings

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Re: Jan 6 Hearings

Post by Bryce » Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:25 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:10 pm
:lol Bryce and bmw are like 2 children with their fingers in their ears...."I can't hear you!!!!"

You can't make this shit up.....Bryce wants to hear from a Buckeye sexual assault enabler to get to the truth.

Hypocrites. Call yourselves lovers of this country but you're both so full of shit. You love your PARTY! You post all this shit about the reverence of the Constitution when we discuss Roe, and then ignore it completely when the topic comes to Trump.
Umm, you seem to have been a fan of the 14th amendment in the past. One of the basic tenants of the 14th is the right to confront your accuser. Nancy made sure that couldn't happen here. It's a sham. Sorry you can't, or wont, see or admit it.

And I don't love the mainstream Republican party. Frankly, I detest what it has become. I am a conservative first and foremost.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:21 am

Honeyman wrote:
:lol Bryce and bmw are like 2 children with their fingers in their ears...."I can't hear you!!!!"

You can't make this shit up.....Bryce wants to hear from a Buckeye sexual assault enabler to get to the truth.

Hypocrites. Call yourselves lovers of this country but you're both so full of shit. You love your PARTY! You post all this shit about the reverence of the Constitution when we discuss Roe, and then ignore it completely when the topic comes to Trump.
This has nothing to with Trump and everything to do with process. The process here is a sham.

And btw - Trump was already impeached over his behavior on January 6th. The end result? ACQUITTED.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:30 am

bmw wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:21 am

And btw - Trump was already impeached over his behavior on January 6th. The end result? ACQUITTED.
So was OJ.

:rollin :

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:46 am

Bryce wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:25 pm
Honeyman wrote:

Umm, you seem to have been a fan of the 14th amendment in the past. One of the basic tenants of the 14th is the right to confront your accuser. Nancy made sure that couldn't happen here. It's a sham. Sorry you can't, or wont, see or admit it.

And I don't love the mainstream Republican party. Frankly, I detest what it has become. I am a conservative first and foremost.
Actually McCarthy screwed up by pulling all of the Republicans. He could have simply put 5 normal ones on there instead of getting the bomb throwers vetoed and taking his ball and going home. A terrible move. It has nothing to do with Pelosi that they are not getting a voice. But you can’t put Jordan and co. On it either and expect them to do any reasonable amount of work on the question.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:26 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:30 am
bmw wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:21 am

So was OJ.

:rollin :
And he's a free man, isn't he? That's kind of how our system works. Even if I think he's guilty (and yes, he is), guilt in our society is determined by a jury of your peers, during a just process. Now I'm well aware that the Jan 6th hearings aren't criminal proceedings, but they're still a mockery of Congressional investigative power.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:41 am

Rate This wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:46 am
Actually McCarthy screwed up by pulling all of the Republicans. He could have simply put 5 normal ones on there instead of getting the bomb throwers vetoed and taking his ball and going home. A terrible move. It has nothing to do with Pelosi that they are not getting a voice. But you can’t put Jordan and co. On it either and expect them to do any reasonable amount of work on the question.
In a criminal court, the prosecutor isn't allowed to ban a Defendant from choosing specific attorneys to present a defense. Why should a Congressional investigative committee be any different? Yes, I'm aware that the power exists in a Congressional committee, but I would suggest it isn't fair.

But more importantly, I don't see any Constitutional basis for the existence of the Jan 6th committee. To the extent the Senate has the authority to impeach a President, that process has already concluded long ago as it pertains to Trump. As to the House specifically, Congress derives its investigative powers from its exclusive exercise of legislative powers. While one could argue that the committee is legitimate in that the end result could be legislation aimed at preventing another Jan 6th-type attack, that isn't the goal of the committee. The stated goal of some committee members is to inspire the Justice Department to bring criminal charges against Trump, and the clear goal of the remaining members is to take down Trump in one way or another. That is well outside the bounds of advancing a legislative purpose.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:47 am

Excellent post, bmw.

I am inclined to agree with Rate This, too, that Empty Suit McCarthy made a strategic blunder perhaps.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:27 pm

If the Justice Department files charges, they will be able to cross examine.

Quit hiding your head in the sand and admit what this man has done. It is treasonous.

The censorship king from out of state.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:10 pm

Why wouldn't those who can contradict yesterday's testimony come forward and give their version of the facts under oath?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:18 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:10 pm
Why wouldn't those who can contradict yesterday's testimony come forward and give their version of the facts under oath?
They can. Most have subpoenaed: https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3514 ... committee/

Including Bryces boy Jim Jordan.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:23 pm

What is it going to take for those of you STILL supporting Trump to drop your support?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:03 pm

Whether McCarthy's decision was a strategic blunder remains to be seen. My gut tells me it was the correct strategy so that Democrats can't, at the end of the day, recommend criminal charges while saying "see, this was a fair, bipartisan committee." The members of the committee had already made their minds up prior to any testimony being given. What is going on right now is the textbook definition of a show trial, and Republicans wanted no part of it if they couldn't choose who they wanted on the committee.

And speaking of which, it is Jim Jordan who is the "bomb thrower" here not interested in the truth? Really? Nancy Pelosi is the one who created this committee, and she was the person who, during Trump's final SOTU Address, acted like a 3-year old child throughout and tore up his speech. This woman is not fit for Congress, let alone fit to put together an investigative committee.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:06 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:27 pm
If the Justice Department files charges, they will be able to cross examine.

Quit hiding your head in the sand and admit what this man has done. It is treasonous.
If it is so simple and so obvious, why are we here, a year and a half after the fact, conducting a highly partisan show trial instead of just having filed charges over a year go? I'm really tiring of your ends-justifies-the-means attitude towards this. If Trump is guilty of a crime, CHARGE HIS ASS and move on with an actual court proceeding. And just some advice for the people on your side - this kangaroo court isn't helping your cause. This process has been irreversibly tainted, IMO.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:07 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:23 pm
What is it going to take for those of you STILL supporting Trump to drop your support?

I don't know why everyone isn't mad as hell about what this guy tried to do with your country.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:11 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:07 pm
Matt wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:23 pm

I don't know why everyone isn't mad as hell about what this guy tried to do with your country.
30% is nuts. There are people like Bryce, obviously an intelligent man, who has said January 6th was nothing more than a few patriots taking a tour of the Capitol.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic