Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Jan 6 Hearings

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Turkeytop

Jan 6 Hearings

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:54 pm

I haven't seen any of the hearings but I've caught some of it on the radio.. The committee gets a lot of leeway when questioning witnesses. They ask leading questions, something that would never be permitted in a court of law. And, of course, there is no cross examination of the witnesses.

The committee makes it appear like a slam dunk. But if it ever goes to trial, it won't be that simple.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Bryce

Re: Jan 6 Hearings

Post by Bryce » Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:42 pm

It's a hearing Stalin would have been proud of.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:51 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:42 pm
Shut up, Hitler.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:01 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:54 pm
I haven't seen any of the hearings but I've caught some of it on the radio.. The committee gets a lot of leeway when questioning witnesses. They ask leading questions, something that would never be permitted in a court of law. And, of course, there is no cross examination of the witnesses.

The committee makes it appear like a slam dunk. But if it ever goes to trial, it won't be that simple.
Of course it's not a court of law. Only on TV will you find Night Court.
These hearings are nothing more than a cavalcade of posturing by the Democratic Party.
No substance. No weight. No power. Just more hot air than a balloon festival. Nothing will come out of these hearings.
There will be no trials. The Democrats and the RINO's had their day in front of the cameras. That's all they wanted.
Slather on some greasepaint, turn on those footlights, put on a show for the cameras.

Anyone see last Sunday morning. Willie Geist and Chuck Todd were whimpering that no one watched the Prime Time hearings. One of them actually said "The American people don't seem to care". Search it out on YouTube. All kidding aside.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:39 am

If only Congress would spend as much time discussing things like handing MENTAL HEALTH, THE BORDER, or THE DEBT!!

But no, you see where there priorities are with this sideshow.

learn to fly

Post by learn to fly » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:41 am

Tim Miller: We Need More Shayes
There have been a lot of powerful moments during these hearings but the only person who has brought me to tears in my living room is Shaye Moss.

Shaye is exactly the type of citizen that the "national conservatives" claim they are fighting for. She's not part of the woke elite. She doesn't dislike America. Before she was unfairly cancelled from her job she was a public servant who believed in the promise of America and worked a normal job in service to this country with dignity. She did so in part because her grandmother had instilled in her American values and a belief that "voting matters."

If she were white and blonde and if it was some liberal professor unfairly targeting her, you could imagine Shaye as a hero of the Tucker Carlson program, given a platform by the Daily Wire.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:18 am

It's patently unfair.

The pro-insurrection, pro-coup forces dont't get a chance to present their case.

learn to fly

Post by learn to fly » Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:42 am

Sounds like Trump. I believe the GOP already declined an opportunity to join the fun.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:46 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:18 am
It's patently unfair.

The pro-insurrection, pro-coup forces dont't get a chance to present their case.
Well we do have this concept (as does Canada) known as presumption of innocense.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:05 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:46 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:18 am
It's patently unfair.

Well we do have this concept (as does Canada) known as presumption of innocense.
But, I undrstand this is only a hearing and not a prosecution. I'm sure they would allow Mr Trump to tell his side of the story, under oath, if he asked.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:46 pm

Bryce wrote:
Actually the Republican Party more resembles fascists so I could see how you would detest democracy in action.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:56 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:46 pm
Bryce wrote:
Actually the Republican Party more resembles fascists so I could see how you would detest democracy in action.
Evidently you have no idea what a fascist is. Or, as has been their playbook as of late, when the left is up to something and about to get caught, they accuse the opposition of doing what they've been doing in an attempt to deflect.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:07 am

Bryce wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:56 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:46 pm
Bryce wrote:
Evidently you have no idea what a fascist is. Or, as has been their playbook as of late, when the left is up to something and about to get caught, they accuse the opposition of doing what they've been doing in an attempt to deflect.
I can say you don't understand it that well... That and you're completely blind to the unpatriotic actions of the Republican Party.
Those of us who have repeatedly sounded the alarm about the Republican Party's threat to democracy and American society have often been told we were exaggerating or being ridiculous. We were hyperbolic, attention-seeking or just plain wrong — because, after all, the Republican Party's leaders and voters really do love America.

Last week the Republican National Committee dropped any remaining pretexts of patriotism or love of democracy with its now-infamous statement that those who attacked the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, were "ordinary citizens engaged in legitimate political discourse." Reports suggest that a draft version of that RNC statement was even bolder in its embrace of right-wing terrorism.

Last Friday's statement of support for fascism announced that the Republican Party has birthed a monster that will ultimately eat it alive. But looking beyond outrage and disgust, what does this tell us about America in this moment of existential crisis?

In terms of the mainstream news media and America's political class, it reveals how deep the capacity for denial goes. Many of the same voices who insisted that the Republicans were not fascists and did not pose an existential threat to democracy also downplayed or outright dismissed the obvious evidence that Donald Trump and his cabal were going to attempt a coup to nullify the 2020 presidential election.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:20 pm

Surprise hearing tomorrow, 1:00 EDT

The censorship king from out of state.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:19 pm

If a tree falls in the forest....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic