Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The Biden presidency thus far vs. Trump's presidency

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

The Biden presidency thus far vs. Trump's presidency

Post by bmw » Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:25 am

I know a lot of people like to say that Trump was one of the worst presidents of all time, but objectively speaking, how does Biden compare to Trump? In terms of accomplishments and improving people's lives, how do the two compare?

audiophile

Re: The Biden presidency thus far vs. Trump's presidency

Post by audiophile » Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:52 pm

As a former Never Trump-er, I can say I was a deep sceptic at first, but Trump proved to be much better than I expected.

Biden has been a complete disaster, much, much worse than expected. He is a robot.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:03 pm

Haven't we rehashed this over and over and over again? Wasn't it you who many times expressed how "the Libs on this board" can't stop talking about Trump despite he's out of office? But let's start ANOTHER thread parroting was has been discussed ad nauseum for 1 1/2 years.

The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:11 pm

Presidents are always compared to their predecessors. Always have been, and always will.

My opinion that the libs need to get over Trump is always in the context of not pursuing further action against him. Big difference between simply comparing how one President conducted his job duties compared to another vs. constantly bring up the ex-president in the context of still, for example, wanting him to go to jail.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:29 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:11 pm

My opinion that the libs need to get over Trump is always in the context of not pursuing further action against him. Big difference between simply comparing how one President conducted his job duties compared to another vs. constantly bring up the ex-president in the context of still, for example, wanting him to go to jail.
"And therein lies the rub".

You want to ignore, forget, dispute, etc. what we on the left think are unforgivable actions that have damaged this country irrevocably. This is why this thread is useless.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:38 pm

But that's all a matter of opinion (ie, that his actions are "unforgivable" and that his actions have caused permanent damage to our country).

Asking for objective measures is entirely different. Is your contention that it is impossible to separate the objective from the subjective when it comes to comparing presidents?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:31 pm

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:55 pm

They're both terrible for different reasons.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:12 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:55 pm
Absolutely. Jeb Bush for president! Mitch McConnell for VP!

Time to "get back to normal" :rollin

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:26 pm

I would wholeheartedly back Kasich again if he ran, but you cannot put the fascist genie back in the bottle. I really believe someone like him could truly unite the country and push the extreme right out.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:45 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:55 pm
Yes! It's a shame these are who the choices were and God help us if that's the case in a couple years.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:49 pm

I completely agree with Matt.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:51 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:49 pm
I completely agree with Matt.
Trump was merely a symptom of much bigger problems, many of which, we are experiencing right now. We already know that these problems will never be fixed by status-quo, country club Republicans, who use flowery terms like "reach across the aisle" or "a kinder, gentler America" or similar meaningless folderol. Names like Bush, Romney, Kasich, McConnell, Boehner, Portman, and even John Engler, make me cringe. I am sure you will accuse me of trolling, but sometimes, when I read posts by you (MW) or Matt, that's what I read between the lines... support of, and a return to bland, rubber stamp, powdered wig establishment Republicans. You can't deal with fruitcakes, who are burning our cities, enacting medical marshall law, an AG labeling parents who criticize school boards as terrorists, and elected officials who purposely ignore suicide and overdose deaths among our youth by "reaching across the aisle" or being "kinder and gentler".

I was a Trump voter due to pure frustration. I never even watched one episode of his stupid TV show. So, if not Trump, who's the candidate? You tell me. I don't know.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:04 pm

I like DeSantus.

Even CNN must admit they like him.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-AAYxxCK

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:06 pm

Pre-edit - Audiophile beat me to it by seconds. /EDIT.

If Trump gets the nomination I'll vote for him, but my pick right now would be DeSantis.

And it is hard to take Matt seriously on this topic given that at times he's said both horrible things about Trump as well as glowing things, often going back and forth between the two.

In my opinion, Trump was an infinitely better President than Biden is or ever will be. He certainly had his share of flaws, but my vision of America is much closer aligned to his than it is to Biden's.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic