Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Armed man arrested for attempted murder of Justice Kavanaugh

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Armed man arrested for attempted murder of Justice Kavanaugh

Post by bmw » Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:18 pm

Remember when some of you said "no big deal" to rhetoric like Lori Lightfoot's "call to arms" or Chuck Schumer's "whirlwind" comments?

Hard to know which, if any, politicians this guy was listening to, but a man in California did just that. He armed himself, traveled from California to near Kavanaugh's home, and now has been arrested for attempted murder.
Armed man arrested near Brett Kavanaugh's home charged with attempting to murder a US judge...

The man, Nicholas John Roske, had called emergency authorities saying he was having suicidal thoughts and had a firearm in his suitcase, leading to his arrest, according to the criminal complaint. He told law enforcement he had traveled from California to kill "a specific United States Supreme Court Justice," according to an FBI affidavit filed Wednesday.

The affidavit said Roske was upset about the leak of the Supreme Court opinion related to abortion rights, an upcoming gun control case and the school shooting last month in Uvalde, Texas.

"Roske indicated that he believed the Justice that he intended to kill would side with Second Amendment decisions that would loosen gun control laws," the FBI agent wrote. "Roske stated that he began thinking about how to give his life a purpose and decided that he would kill the Supreme Court Justice" after breaking into his home. Roske planned to kill himself as well, the affidavit added. On Wednesday morning, Roske was carrying a suitcase and backpack filled with a tactical knife, a Glock 17 pistol, two magazines, ammunition, pepper spray and zip ties, the FBI said. Roske also had on hand a hammer, screwdriver, nail punch, crowbar, pistol light and duct tape, the affidavit said.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/08/politics ... index.html

So much for "peaceful protests" in front of Judge's homes.

Matt

Re: Armed man arrested for attempted murder of Justice Kavanaugh

Post by Matt » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:40 pm

Will any of the lefties condemn this action?

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:52 pm

Of course not.

And what is absolutely mind-boggling to me is that on most major media outlets, this isn't even front-page news. Someone was LITERALLY ARRESTED FOR ATTEMPTED MURDER OF A SCOTUS JUDGE and the media can barely find the space to report it. That is beyond irresponsible for this to not be the lead story everywhere. I mean, can you even begin to imagine if some right-wing nutjob was arrested for attempted murder of, say, Justice Sotomayor, what the swift reaction would be?

And just an example - ABC News. It is the last story (number 24) on their news page. And even then, the headline reads "Man upset with Uvalde, leaked abortion ruling arrested outside Kavanaugh's home: FBI." Are you fucking kidding me? That's the headline? Someone upset with some court rulings was arrested for an undisclosed reason? Bullshit. The headline should read "Armed man from California arrested for attempted murder of Justice Kavanaugh"

I'm nearly speechless on how they're treating this like "oh, no big deal. Barely newsworthy."

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:57 pm

"peaceful protests" in front of a judges home is actually a federal crime.

I no longer directly engage trolls

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:07 pm

Even the plot to kidnap Governor Whitmer got way more national coverage than this story ever will.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:14 pm

Will they have June 8th hearings televised on national network TV? Will they frog march Schumer in the middle of the night?

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:51 pm

This leftie will be glad to condemn it. Throw the guy in jail for the maximum allowed.

As far as your claim of selective media coverage.....laughable. Do you not live in the same world I do? Every network, media outlet, website, etc. has their agenda. Fox News won't even cover the hearings of a former president who tried to subvert a democratic election. On tape with a state AG saying, "Find me 11,000 votes". A day in which protestors strung up gallows to hang the vice-president. That is not "newsworthy"?

Just clicked on the NY Post. First news story was about the nut who tried to kill Cavanaugh. Second story? Uvalde where 19 kids were massacred a week ago? The gun control debate? No.....

Biden again trips up Air Force One stairs ahead of Jimmy Kimmel interview

The censorship king from out of state.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:46 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:40 pm
Will any of the lefties condemn this action?
Sure will, and all violent crime committed by anyone.

Don't worry about BMW's whining. He parrots victimhood with the best of them.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:20 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:51 pm
hearings of a former president who tried to subvert a democratic election.
:rollin :rollin

They didn't cover the opening of Al Capone's vault either.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:22 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:20 pm
Honeyman wrote:

:lol: Oh that's right....didn't you call January 6th something like, "A few patriots taking a tour of the Capitol"?

The censorship king from out of state.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:47 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:22 pm

:lol: Oh that's right....didn't you call January 6th something like, "A few patriots taking a tour of the Capitol"?

"Legitimate political discourse."

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/04/politics ... index.html

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:13 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Bryce wrote:
Honeyman wrote:

Well, pretty close to what it was. Well, except the part where Pelosi's Police killed an unarmed Veteran.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:45 am

It was horrible and he should be in jail for life just as the idiots who stormed the Capitol on January 6th.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:31 am

Bryce wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:13 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Bryce wrote:
Honeyman wrote:

Well, pretty close to what it was. Well, except the part where Pelosi's Police killed an unarmed Veteran.
Anybody looking for proof that America is broken and may never recover just read the last sentence of this post. I watched the video of this horrible encounter with a sad unfortunate ending in the death of a veteran, who truly was unarmed. (BTW, "Pelosi's Police" is a gaslighting cheap shot, and is really below you, Bryce.) Was not the shooter in general in fear of his life, and the life of his fellow crime fighter who was being crushed by a mob who would not back off?

The attempt to murder a SCOTUS justice is a horrible and easily condemnable action. Downplaying what happened at the US Capitol that day doesn't make it better.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:53 am

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:31 am
Bryce wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:13 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Bryce wrote:
Honeyman wrote:

Anybody looking for proof that America is broken and may never recover just read the last sentence of this post. I watched the video of this horrible encounter with a sad unfortunate ending in the death of a veteran, who truly was unarmed. (BTW, "Pelosi's Police" is a gaslighting cheap shot, and is really below you, Bryce.) Was not the shooter in general in fear of his life, and the life of his fellow crime fighter who was being crushed by a mob who would not back off?

The attempt to murder a SCOTUS justice is a horrible and easily condemnable action. Downplaying what happened at the US Capitol that day doesn't make it better.
There was a time where I thought Bryce was different than a lot of the cons here, but that turned into be a false persona. He has zero desire to reconcile with the LGBT community and is void of any intellectual honesty. This board is one big joke to him.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic